Author Topic: Pat Kennedy: "Pay to play" with Obama "quid pro quo"  (Read 1707 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Pat Kennedy: "Pay to play" with Obama "quid pro quo"
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:33:16 AM »
Former Dem. Congressman Kennedy Alleges 'Quid Pro Quo' for Access to White House

Access to the Obama White House is in direct correlation to the amount of money donated to the president’s reelection effort and the Democratic party, the New York Times reports today.

The Times reports: “those who donated the most to Mr. Obama and the Democratic Party since he started running for president were far more likely to visit the White House than others. Among donors who gave $30,000 or less, about 20 percent visited the White House, according to a New York Times analysis that matched names in the visitor logs with donor records. But among those who donated $100,000 or more, the figure rises to about 75 percent. Approximately two-thirds of the president’s top fund-raisers in the 2008 campaign visited the White House at least once, some of them numerous times.”

But the most explosive allegation in the news story comes from former Democratic congressman Patrick Kennedy, son of the late Ted Kenney, who calls what the Obama White House is doing “quid pro quo.”

Patrick J. Kennedy, the former representative from Rhode Island, who donated $35,800 to an Obama re-election fund last fall while seeking administration support for a nonprofit venture, said contributions were simply a part of “how this business works.”

“If you want to call it ‘quid pro quo,’ fine,” he said. “At the end of the day, I want to make sure I do my part.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/former-dem-congressman-kennedy-alleges-quid-pro-quo-access-white-house_637051.html

Serious charge, and from a fellow Dem no less. I think this is where some retards claim that Obama is all about the little guys, haha.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Pat Kennedy: "Pay to play" with Obama "quid pro quo"
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:42:24 AM »
 :). Change you can believe in. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 09:46:56 AM »
:). Change you can believe in. 

Cue the "Everyone else does it so Obama can, too. He's really for the little guy but he ignores them because it's part of the plan" comments.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 09:54:19 AM »
 :).  Read the full story in the time today.  Tons more detail.   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 10:19:21 AM »
I think this type of thing may even get worse with the SCOTUS ruling.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 02:01:52 PM »
White House Allowed Hilary Rosen Back-Door Lobbying Privileges
Breitbart ^ | 4/15/12 | staff
Posted on April 15, 2012 4:52:55 PM EDT by Nachum

Hilary Rosen, the Democratic National Committee consultant who told CNN last week that Ann Romney had “never worked a day in her life,” has used her power with the White House to swing special lobbying privileges for her friends – all without meeting reporting requirements. One senior Democrat told Ben White at Politico:

Serious Dem operatives are aghast at Hilary Rosen’s misguided attack on Ann Romney’s work history. She and others at PR firm SKD Knickerbocker have represented many clients that have raised hackles with senior White House staff. It’s an open secret in the Dem consultant community that SKD has been signing up clients based on ‘perceived White House access’ tied to prior relationships and employment.

In other words, SKDKnickerbocker has been using its “ins” at the White House to sign up its biggest clients. As The Nation reports, Kaplan Education hired SKDKnickerbocker to help block Obama’s anti-college companies legislation; Win America, a lobbying campaign, has used SKDKnickerbocker to push for big tax breaks; food manufacturers paid SKDKnickerbocker to battle food regulations. The list goes on and on. Anita Dunn, Hilary Rosen’s partner over at SKDKnickerbocker, even used her access to the White House to sign up big businesses for anti-Buffett Rule lobbying while working as a “paid media” advisor for another PR firm.

(Excerpt) Read more at breitbart.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 08:33:54 PM »
Skip to comments.

Donor Cash For White House Access
IBD Editorials ^ | April 16, 2012
Posted on April 16, 2012 10:28:03 PM EDT by raptor22

Corruption: A new study documents that access to the White House is based on how much money is put into the president's campaign coffers. At least the Lincoln Bedroom isn't for rent — yet.

During the Clinton administration, when the Lincoln Bedroom in the White House became a favorite place for campaign contributors to rest their weary wallets, the infamous Johnny Chung made the observation that the White House was like a subway turnstile: You put your token in and you got inside.

An analysis of White House access by the New York Times suggests that hope and change has changed nothing except maybe you don't get to sleep in the Lincoln Bedroom. But in exchange for enriching the president's campaign coffers, you do get to bend the president's ear with a frequency greater than heads of state and Cabinet members.

"Among donors who gave $30,000 or less, about 20% visited the White House," according to the Times analysis written by Mike McIntire and Michael Luo in the paper's April 15 edition. The analysis matched names in the visitor logs with donor records. "But among those who donated $100,000 or more, the figure rises to 75%," write McIntire and Luo.

Clearly, President Obama's much ballyhooed ban on lobbyist contributions has not prevented lobbyists and other representatives of special interests from visiting the White House frequently. Some of those who sought access, and quid for their quo, were quite open about it.

Patrick J. Kennedy, the former representative from Rhode Island, who donated $35,800 to an Obama re-election fund last fall while seeking administration support for a nonprofit venture, said contributions were simply a part of "how this business works."

(Excerpt) Read more at news.investors.com ...

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 09:05:13 PM »
Axelrod: Credit Us for Being Open About Our ‘Quid Pro Quo’ Policies!

Over in Mike Allen’s Politico newsletter:

David Axelrod tells us the Obama campaign will make a major umbrella issue of what he calls “Romney’s penchant for secrecy”: “George Bush felt it was appropriate to release the names of his bundlers. John McCain did. But not Mitt Romney. Why did George Bush and John McCain release multiple years of tax returns, but not Mitt Romney? Why did Mitt Romney leave Massachusetts government with the hard drives from his computers, and why did his senior aides leave with the hard drives from their computers? Why won’t he be more forthcoming about some of these offshore investments?

“Harkening back to my youth, which extends far beyond yours, there was a show called, ‘I’ve Got A Secret.’ Increasingly, I think that would be the appropriate title for the Romney campaign. There are central issues, but this is a disturbing one and it goes to that question of, like, ‘Who is this guy? What does he stand for? What does he believe? What do we know about him?’”

–Axelrod, on yesterday’s NYT A1er, “White House Welcomes Donors, And Lobbyists Slip in Door, Too”: “The reason that people know who comes to the White House is because for the first time in history, the President ordered that it be so . . . Why do they know who raises money for us? Because we disclose it. The only bundlers Romney discloses are lobbyists who raise money for him, and that reason is because Barack Obama wrote a law when he was in the Senate that required that.”

The article in question:

Many of the president’s biggest donors, while not lobbyists, took lobbyists with them to the White House, while others performed essentially the same function on their visits . . .

Most donors, including Dr. Mohlenbrock and Mr. Kiani, declined to talk about their motivations for giving. But Patrick J. Kennedy, the former representative from Rhode Island, who donated $35,800 to an Obama re-election fund last fall while seeking administration support for a nonprofit venture, said contributions were simply a part of “how this business works.”

“If you want to call it ‘quid pro quo,’ fine,” he said. “At the end of the day, I want to make sure I do my part.”

Mr. Kennedy visited the White House several times to win support for One Mind for Research, his initiative to help develop new treatments for brain disorders. While his family name and connections are clearly influential, he said, he knows White House officials are busy. And as a former chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, he said he was keenly aware of the political realities they face.

“I know that they look at the reports,” he said, referring to records of campaign donations. “They’re my friends anyway, but it won’t hurt when I ask them for a favor if they don’t see me as a slouch.”

So Axelrod wants voters to credit the administration for being open about their “quid pro quo” meetings with donors, Democratic power brokers, lobbyists, etc.

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/296071/axelrod-credit-us-being-open-about-our-quid-pro-quo-policies

SHOCKING that this thread is going ignored by the drones. Don't worry, I'll keep bumping this so all the people who claim that Obama is "for the little guy" can bite their tongue and smash their keyboards knowing they have to avoid replying.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 01:43:54 PM »
Bump for the far-leftists ignoring this. Does it hurt knowing that the Usurper couldn't give two fucks about you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »
Bump for the far-leftists ignoring this. Does it hurt knowing that the Usurper couldn't give two fucks about you?

BF - check this out.   I dropped a comment over there.   

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/04/13/for-obama-going-positive-may-be-more-difficult-this-time

The libs over there know the deal.   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 02:23:44 PM »

They cower away from anything of substance.  Best to sit back and pounce on 33's nuts if he doesn't phrase something just right...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 02:26:10 PM »

They cower away from anything of substance.  Best to sit back and pounce on 33's nuts if he doesn't phrase something just right...

Nah - lets just start a few fluke, birth control, gay marriage, abortion, palin, palin's baby, palin's kids, palins religion, palins grades, palins husband, palins wardrobe, threads and they will show up like sharks to a feeding frenzy. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 02:43:44 PM »
Nah - lets just start a few fluke, birth control, gay marriage, abortion, palin, palin's baby, palin's kids, palins religion, palins grades, palins husband, palins wardrobe, threads and they will show up like sharks to a feeding frenzy. 

No, no, no...if you blame the leader for what's going on in his own departments, you have to show conclusive, step-by-step evidence, that Obama is at fault.

Otherwise, the rest of the story is ignored and the crying begins.  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 03:46:10 PM »

No, no, no...if you blame the leader for what's going on in his own departments, you have to show conclusive, step-by-step evidence, that Obama is at fault.

Otherwise, the rest of the story is ignored and the crying begins.  ::)

;D

I can only imagine how badly they're grinding their teeth while reading this, desperately wanting to reply but knowing that they have nothing to respond with.

Sweaty palms and butterflies in their stomach as they fight off the realization that President Foodstamp doesn't care about them.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 05:45:26 PM »
;D

I can only imagine how badly they're grinding their teeth while reading this, desperately wanting to reply but knowing that they have nothing to respond with.

Sweaty palms and butterflies in their stomach as they fight off the realization that President Foodstamp doesn't care about them.

Yep.

And...shameless bump.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2016, 07:11:20 AM »
BUMP!  :D

https://wikileaks.org/podesta-emails/emailid/22357#efmAZKAbL

"Wants to join ffa board and go see obama donors to raise $. Quid pro quo is that some resources go to his c4/527. Thoughts?"
a