Author Topic: is there any gear I can use?  (Read 2256 times)

chirorhino

• Getbig II
is there any gear I can use?
« on: June 06, 2007, 07:49:05 PM »
I have Hep B and am well aware of test and steroids in generally being metabolized in the liver, but I was wondering if anyone has knows if there is any gear, GH, etc. that someone with liver disease can use. I am on treatment for HBV and all of my enzymes are well in the normal range. any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
Re: is there any gear I can use?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 09:10:40 PM »
im no doc but id stay away from the liver stressing orals.

stick with injects that pass through on the way out just like anything else.

any comments guys?

where is the bodybuilder doc guy (i forgot his name here)?

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 09:26:34 PM »
bodybuilder doc!?! Now that would help!!!

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:44 PM »
there is a dude here that is (i think) still in school for m.d.

he has great advice

cant remember his handle

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 10:39:39 PM »
thanks for the info. if you remember a name or a post of his was in let me know

4thAD

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 10:43:49 PM »
FreakFestMD is a Doc!

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 02:21:25 AM »
This same question was asked way back in Muscular Development and Palumbo said that hgh could actually IMPROVE the situation...

BTW most injectable AAS go through the kidneys and orals through the liver.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 11:33:27 AM »
FreakFestMD is a Doc!
that is the guy!!!!

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 12:02:32 PM »
thanks guys, I messaged him! Hopefully he will know

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 01:57:13 PM »
I have Hep B and am well aware of test and steroids in generally being metabolized in the liver, but I was wondering if anyone has knows if there is any gear, GH, etc. that someone with liver disease can use. I am on treatment for HBV and all of my enzymes are well in the normal range. any help on this one would be greatly appreciated.

Your question you pose puts a doctor in a difficult quandary.  Official answer--"no, of course not."  It's no different than asking if there is any alcoholic drink that a hepatitis patient can drink safely.

That being said, if it is your choice (and it is always your choice) to take AAS then certainly oral compounds should be avoided.  Cycles should be on the lower dosage range. You should DEFINITELY be under the care of a physician, who can monitor your liver function studies during and post-cycle.  I would also utilize a liver protectant such as Tationil (an injectable form of reduced glutathione) when on, taken at 200mg every 4 weeks during your cycle.

Most importantly, you (and all of us, really) need to have a clear goal in mind and to make an honest assessment about whether or not you truly need AAS to accomplish that goal.  Most of us on here are not aspiring to be professional bodybuilders.  We love the lifestyle and we love being huge.  Maybe that's enough. But ask yourself whether or not you truly DO train your ass off balls-to-the-wall, and follow a strict and clean diet, do lots of cardio, etc.  I suspect many AAS users could achieve the same results naturally if they just trained better and ate better.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 03:04:29 PM »
Excellent post Freak!

8)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 03:43:55 PM »

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 05:14:56 PM »
Thanks freak! I do work my ass off in the gym, eat very strict and do not drink alcohol due to my condition, and do plenty of cardio. I also take a liver support sup. along the pharm I have to take for hbv.

I am looking to put on size to off set the fact that I was 300 lbs. at 6 foot tall a few years back and have come down to under 200 lbs. and I now have alot of skin that hasn't caught up with all the hardwork that I put in in the gym. My theory is that putting on some mass will hep fill in some of that empty space. I was doing research to start a cycle when I was diagnosed.

As for the doctors supervision, I see a Dr. and have bloodwork done every 3 months as part of my tx. Any suggestions on the least toxic cycle that I could do? I know that I have to stay away from the orals, but I was hoping that there was something out there. Is there something else out there that I could try?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 05:20:15 PM »
Why don't you try just a simple cycle of injectables only. Let's say the following:

Weeks 1-14 500mg Test (any type) EW
Weeks 1-14 300mg Deca EW
Weeks 1-16 500mg Test P EW
Weeks 17-20 PCT 20mg Nolva ED

It's pretty basic but it'll be effective. The only thing you might have to add would be some Adex while on cycle to avoid water retention & gyno.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 05:24:40 PM »

have you tried those  ???

damn, where are they............

those..........  ;D
are you delusional?

whitewidow

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2007, 02:36:30 AM »

Id say maybe just some androgel.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2007, 05:37:21 PM »
What about Andriol? It dont hit the Liver, goes portal vein?
Pretty lame testo IMO though.

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 06:31:24 PM »
What about Andriol? It dont hit the Liver, goes portal vein?
Pretty lame testo IMO though.

thanks for the suggestion, but this doesn't sound like a good choice. the profile I read on line states that it is metabolized in the liver, which makes sense considering the portal vein dumps blood from the spleen, intestines, etc. directly into the liver for processing. 

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 06:33:21 PM »
Id say maybe just some androgel.

do topicals actually provide results? do you have any experience with it?

jtsunami

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • I support Bigbobs
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 06:54:45 PM »
How bout some GH besides helping with some muscle past the 4iu mark it helps you sleep and other stuff better
TEAM Nasser

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2007, 07:29:33 PM »
How bout some GH besides helping with some muscle past the 4iu mark it helps you sleep and other stuff better

I am looking into GH. One of the "experts" I know think it will help me acheive the goals that I want. I don't know much about GH other that its standard physiology/endocrinolog. any good post on the effectiveness of synthetic GH that you guys can steer me towards would be much appreciated.

I wouldn't mind FreakMD's 2 cents on this one also.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2007, 01:34:34 PM »
I am looking into GH. One of the "experts" I know think it will help me acheive the goals that I want. I don't know much about GH other that its standard physiology/endocrinolog. any good post on the effectiveness of synthetic GH that you guys can steer me towards would be much appreciated.

I wouldn't mind FreakMD's 2 cents on this one also.

GH is certainly effective in building muscle and helping with fat reduction, among other things.  The results are typically not immediately dramatic, like they are with AAS, and really would need to be taken over extended periods of time to get a satisfactory effect. This type of therapy is rather costly, albeit effective.

If the concern is GH effects on liver function, to my knowledge there have been no reports of hepatotoxicity with the use of this compound.  Interestingly, I found the following recent case report that may even suggest otherwise:

Growth hormone reverses nonalcoholic steatohepatitis in a patient with adult growth hormone deficiency.Takahashi Y, Iida K, Takahashi K, Yoshioka S, Fukuoka H, Takeno R, Imanaka M, Nishizawa H, Takahashi M, Seo Y, Hayashi Y, Kondo T, Okimura Y, Kaji H, Kitazawa R, Kitazawa S, Chihara K.
Division of Endocrinology/Metabolism, Neurology, and Hematology/Oncology, Department of Clinical Molecular Medicine, Kobe University Graduate School of Medicine, Kobe, Japan. takahash@med.kobe-u.ac.jp

BACKGROUND AND AIMS: Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is an emerging progressive hepatic disease and demonstrates steatosis, inflammation, and fibrosis. Insulin resistance is a common feature in the development of NASH. Molecular pathogenesis of NASH consists of 2 steps: triglyceride accumulation in hepatocytes with insulin resistance and an enhanced oxidative stress caused by reactive oxygen species. Interestingly, NASH demonstrates a striking similarity to the pathologic conditions observed in adult growth hormone deficiency (AGHD). AGHD is characterized by decreased lean body mass, increased visceral adiposity, abnormal lipid profile, and insulin resistance. Moreover, liver dysfunctions with hyperlipidemia and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) are frequently observed in patients with AGHD, and it is accompanied by metabolic syndrome. METHODS: We studied a case diagnosed as NASH with hyperlipidemia in AGHD. The effect of GH-replacement therapy on the patient was analyzed. RESULTS: Six months of GH-replacement therapy in the patient drastically ameliorated NASH and the abnormal lipid profile concomitant with a marked reduction in oxidative stress. CONCLUSIONS: These results suggest that GH plays an essential role in the metabolic and redox regulation in the liver.
PMID: 17324404 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2007, 06:26:27 PM »
thanks freakfestMD! Great info, I could just kick myself for not goin to pubmed on that one. I forget to use my tools sometimes. I think that I will wait until I am off my current med and then use a cycle of AAS under my doctors supervision considering once I am off my med he wants me in ever 3-6 months for blood work. thanks for all of your help

dr_para24

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2007, 07:12:01 PM »
This same question was asked way back in Muscular Development and Palumbo said that hgh could actually IMPROVE the situation...

BTW most injectable AAS go through the kidneys and orals through the liver.

If your liver is not in good shape, hgh will not give the maxi out put

chirorhino

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2007, 02:36:09 PM »
If your liver is not in good shape, hgh will not give the maxi out put

Liver is in ok shape per my last biopsy, my AST/ALT levels have been at normal, and I have had zero viral load for over a year now.