Author Topic: NPC USA: Overalls in female bodybuilding was screwed!  (Read 13394 times)

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
NPC USA: Overalls in female bodybuilding was screwed!
« on: July 29, 2007, 03:47:06 PM »
, WTF >:( >:(

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: This guy got screwed (USA)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 04:42:34 PM »
I agree.  >:(
:D Weee

Knives

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 05:10:19 PM »
maybe the judges went for the more "feminine" look

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 05:41:25 PM »
I agree.  >:(
same shit was going on at the southern states, remember laura?

EL Mariachi

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 05:48:50 PM »
mike cox would you hit it?

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 07:25:54 PM »
These girls actually look much better than the typical IFBB female bodybuilder.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 09:08:21 PM »
More pics from musculardevelopment.com

(Judges choose younger to win  ;D ;D)

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 09:11:56 PM »
id hit it

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 12:12:02 AM »
Back in the day when Ron used to allow guests to post, a guest came on with the user name "bigmikesuxcox".  ;D

HAHAHAHA! I remember that.....

It woudl be hilarious if that person signed up, and called themselves "bigmikestillsuxcox". 
HAHA, RON.....

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2007, 05:26:15 AM »
same shit was going on at the southern states, remember laura?
Delta, I do.  Remember when the women's overall was announced and the booing.  Well same thing happened when my friend was called out as 2nd (even though she was in the first call out and placed in the center where they kept her).  Audience booed the judges at the USA's regarding this #2 call.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
Re: NPC USA: Overalls in female bodybuilding was screwed!
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2007, 06:55:36 AM »
if i was female i would be mightily pissed about that decision. regardless of whatever opinion one may hold on female bbing, the fact is that the promoters of this contest have deceived females into thinking that a female bbing contest was being held when, in reality, it was nothing more than a schmoe show.

it basically says, "we, the judges don't have any respect at all for your democratic right to choose your own passion/sport. we are going to hold a schmoe show in the guise of a bodybuilding contest and then fuck you by choosing who we think looks more attractive."

all this type of thing does is shunt women's rights back 50 years and further contribute to the type of insulting and ugly comments that are on this thread.

JediKnight

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2007, 07:01:23 AM »
the younger one is the clear winner. The older gal is not as cut.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2007, 07:09:28 AM »
girl on the right should have won (did she?)

look at the differences in the backs

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2007, 07:10:55 AM »
Are you kidding?  The only thing more cut on the younger girl is her abs.  The girl on the right has her in size and definition everywhere else.  She even has shredded glutes!

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 07:14:14 AM »
Better see a doctor quickly as possible dude...

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2007, 07:14:19 AM »
Are you kidding?  The only thing more cut on the younger girl is her abs.  The girl on the right has her in size and definition everywhere else.  She even has shredded glutes!

i agree......the "older gal" has better quads,calves,arms,delts,and back

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2007, 07:50:55 AM »
the bber on the right wins in every dept. size, shape, condition, proportion, symmetry, condition, even taper.

the absolute only thing the left has her on is abs.

anyone seen ronnie's abs? remember arnold's? imagine if zabo had beaten arnold at the o because he had far better abs.

bbing contests are not won on abs and never have been. if they were it wouldn't be a bbing contest.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2007, 08:28:49 AM »
She definitely has a wide jawline, but a fantastic physique.
Agree
We judge bodybuilding by  physique & muscle ,not by face only .

Anyway every competitor can not accept his (her) placement ,except the WINNER .

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2007, 09:33:35 AM »
I think the girl that won deserved it. The girl on the right has too much of a "drug" look for female bodybuilding. If they want to make female bodybuilding more respectable, they have to start somewhere. Also, the girl that won has a much smaller waist and better lines. Good call.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2007, 11:50:16 AM »
I think the girl that won deserved it. The girl on the right has too much of a "drug" look for female bodybuilding. If they want to make female bodybuilding more respectable, they have to start somewhere. Also, the girl that won has a much smaller waist and better lines. Good call.

what defines 'too much of a "drug" look for female bodybuilding' though?

i can see the need to set a standard, but were those standards clearly defined prior to the contest?

by the way, i don't think you know what you're talking about with 'better lines'. from a bbing perspective the bber on the right actually has better lines.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2007, 12:05:46 PM »
Not to take anything away from Jennifer (left), but I was surprised that Michelle (right) did not win the overall, and I think that alot of people were.  Michelle's backside is tough to beat.

BIG congrats to Jennifer though....maybe it is a statement of some sort about the future direction of FBB, who knows.  What will be interesting is whether or not this kind of statement is made consistently by the judges across all of the competitions. 

:)

AZbodybuilder

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »
, WTF >:( >:(
She does look more conditioned, awesome shredded glutes, she is just to lean for what the judges want these days, she looks far better than the younger one as far as her body. 10 years ago that would have been the look they were rewarding.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 12:43:28 PM »

what defines 'too much of a "drug" look for female bodybuilding' though?

i can see the need to set a standard, but were those standards clearly defined prior to the contest?

by the way, i don't think you know what you're talking about with 'better lines'. from a bbing perspective the bber on the right actually has better lines.

I agree.  This is a bodybuilding competition not a beauty contest.  They don't judge the men on how much drugs they put into their body and there are plenty that you can see have changed (facially) due to the drugs. 

Now I'm not saying this is the answer (women doing drugs to gain size and win contests) but I believe it has come to this point because the judges are always looking for the biggest and the best.  Go back 20 some odd years and look at women bodybuilders...they weren't 1/2 the size of todays.  Same goes for the men.  If the judges want more feminine looking bodybuilders then they need to establish/declare that they aren't looking for female mass monsters.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 12:47:52 PM »
I agree.  This is a bodybuilding competition not a beauty contest.  They don't judge the men on how much drugs they put into their body and there are plenty that you can see have changed (facially) due to the drugs. 

Now I'm not saying this is the answer (women doing drugs to gain size and win contests) but I believe it has come to this point because the judges are always looking for the biggest and the best.  Go back 20 some odd years and look at women bodybuilders...they weren't 1/2 the size of todays.  Same goes for the men.  If the judges want more feminine looking bodybuilders then they need to establish/declare that they aren't looking for female mass monsters.

I always think it's funny how the FBBs get "judged" by guys around here based on whether or not the guys would f--- them. 

I tend to look beyond that when I am looking at BBs...otherwise it's not really fair. 
Sure, overall aesthetics and presentation (hair, makeup, etc.) is part of it, but let's face it...there are A LOT of really ugly dudes in BB.   :-\

Like I said, maybe this is a statement by the judges...If it is, then we should see this kind of decision applied consistently across ALL of the competitions.

:)

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 01:33:06 PM »

I always think it's funny how the FBBs get "judged" by guys around here based on whether or not the guys would f--- them. 

I tend to look beyond that when I am looking at BBs...otherwise it's not really fair. 
Sure, overall aesthetics and presentation (hair, makeup, etc.) is part of it, but let's face it...there are A LOT of really ugly dudes in BB.   :-\

Like I said, maybe this is a statement by the judges...If it is, then we should see this kind of decision applied consistently across ALL of the competitions.

I agree.  These women look totally different when not in contest.  And yes, judges need to come up with a consistent concensus of what they want, whether it be bodybuilding (men or women) and figure/fitness.  The judges don't have a set of rules what to look for.  It all depends on the day.  Sometimes they are looking for the biggest and not the most conditioned, they chose a blocky frame over an X frame, they chose the "prettier" woman instead of the better "bodybuilder".  There has to be some consistancy.  These athletes have to completely compensate and change their bodies each and every show to what the judges may have been looking for in the prior show and then it all changes the next show.