Author Topic: State Inspectors Searching Children’s Lunch Boxes: “This Isn’t China, Is It?”  (Read 3025 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage

I was wondering where you were posting from on your government provided cell phone.

:D :D :D :D

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

No doubt, those motherfuckers with the pyramids and upside down pyramids, obese nutritionists...all giving out advice on food.  ::)
Lol, that's exactly the same picture that came into.my head, those stupid pyramids and fat fucks talking about nutrition that they have absolutley no experience with but are so quick to push on others as the be all end all.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Lol, that's exactly the same picture that came into.my head, those stupid pyramids and fat fucks talking about nutrition that they have absolutley no experience with but are so quick to push on others as the be all end all.

No more pyramids. Fat Michelle has changed it to "MyPlate" or whatever the fuck it is.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
No more pyramids. Fat Michelle has changed it to "MyPlate" or whatever the fuck it is.
Sigh.
What would the USA do without the Obama family to tell us how to live our lives?

This country is just fucking giving away everything that it stood for, and that so many people died trying to protect.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
''The mother, who doesn’t wish to be identified at this time, says she made her daughter a lunch that contained a turkey and cheese sandwich, a banana, apple juice and potato chips. A state inspector assessing the pre-K program at the school said the girl also needed a vegetable, so the inspector ordered a full school lunch tray for her. While the four-year-old was still allowed to eat her home lunch, the girl was forced to take a helping of chicken nuggets, milk, a fruit and a vegetable to supplement her sack lunch.
''

As you may know, I was a teacher from 98 until 2004 or so.  THis happens all the time.

Kids will come in with just a bag of doritoes in their brown bag.  Or just a sandwich.  Instead of doing a breakdown by food group, you just give the kid a free lunch. If their lunch is incomplete, you just hand them the school lunch, and they get the best of both worlds. 

This is normal.  You don't just let a kid eat dorito's for lunch because their family is too poor, lazy, uneducated, etc to provide a 4 year old with a balanced diet.  Kids learn it pretty quickly.  If the cafeteria workers don't follow the rules, they risk lawsuit or being fired.  You just don't let kids go incomplete.

So the BIG BIG BIG issue here is that the kid, who was 4, didn't know which lunch to eat?  You explain how it works, and the kid eats well for the next 14 years in school.

jeez, the stuff people make an issue over. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
This whole thing about "It's up to the PARENTS what the kids eat" is the worst argument ever.

Cause SO MANY parents pack terrible lunches for these kids. 

You cannot argue that a 6 year old doesn't need protein, fruits & veggies each day.
And every single day, you see lunches with Capri Sun, chips, and some shitty carb in place of the meat.

If you give a shit about the kids, you make sure they eat.  Because their mom is 21, chatting on FB while smoking pot, no job living at grandmas, and no, the kid shouldn't suffer because of that.

when it's an incomplete lunch, you give them another and they pig out.  end of story.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
This whole thing about "It's up to the PARENTS what the kids eat" is the worst argument ever.

You cannot argue that a 6 year old doesn't need protein, fruits & veggies each day.
And every single day, you see lunches with Capri Sun, chips, and some shitty carb in place of the meat.

If you give a shit about the kids, you make sure they eat.  Because their mom is 21, chatting on FB while smoking pot, no job living at grandmas, and no, the kid shouldn't suffer because of that.

when it's an incomplete lunch, you give them another and they pig out.  end of story.
You are fucking pathetic. How the fuck do you even convince yourself that youre not a hardcore liberal? Jesus Christ.
Look - the kid didnt have a bag of dorritos. She had a full fucking lunch. Sandwich. Fruit. Juice. Chips. Everything except a vegetable. And they FORCED her to take a lunch after going through her lunchbag.
The issue here is the government is taking over parenting duties and mandating what kids eat.
How in the holy fuck do you turn a blind eye to this shit!?
This is violating the very basis of the goddamn constitution! Its not up the the goddamn schools to parent the kids!

GTFO of here with your bullshit. You may say youre a liberatarian, but yet every fucking thread you argue why the government should be allowed to make peoples decisions for them.
You are a fucking joke. I tried giving you a chance and EVERY. FUCKING. THREAD. you proved over and over just how pro-big government you are.
You are a fucking snake in the grass at worst, or just a moron at best. You claim to be pro liberty but yet back every decision the government makes to control citizens.

Oh, and get the fuck off of the Paul bandwagon, we dont want your kind. You are everything thats wrong with voters today.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

If you give a shit about the kids, you make sure they eat.  Because their mom is 21, chatting on FB while smoking pot, no job living at grandmas, and no, the kid shouldn't suffer because of that.

when it's an incomplete lunch, you give them another and they pig out.  end of story.

GET REAL!!! It's not as if the school gave her grass-fed 97% lean beef on organic whole wheat. THEY GAVE HER CHICKEN NUGGETS!!

Yeah....That's REAL Wholesome nutrition there. ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
GET REAL!!! It's not as if the school gave her grass-fed 97% lean beef on organic whole wheat. THEY GAVE HER CHICKEN NUGGETS!!

Yeah....That's REAL Wholesome nutrition there. ::)

dddduuuoooooohhhhhhhhh! ! ! ! !  ! !

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
[/quote

It's not that the pyramid is stupid per se. People aren't even following that. And they won't follow the plate thing either (I saw something like that on the diet plan that comes with a bottle of Meltdown).

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
The Nugget is the most nutritious part of the chicken!  Duh.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama Sends Gov't Taste-Testers Into School Cafeterias
Fire it up83 Share
AP Graphics
WKYT

Audrey Rowe is visiting schools all over the nation.

“Everything we can do.. to make food taste good,” Rowe told students at Elkhorn Middle School in Frankfort on Wednesday.

The USDA official from Washington, DC got a first-hand look…and taste of school lunches in Kentucky.

“I think we can make it to where one day you’ll say ‘that lady was here and I like this food now.’ That’s what I’m working on,” she said.

Taylor Boggs ate lunch with Rowe, who’s worked directly with President Obama on school lunch legislation.

“She really listened to what I said about the food,” said Boggs, an 8th grader at Elkhorn .

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Exclusive: 2nd N.C. Mother Says Daughter’s School Lunch Replaced for Not Being Healthy Enough
The Blaze ^ | 2/17/12 | Madeleine Morgenstern
Posted on February 17, 2012 8:03:46 PM EST by Nachum

North Carolina officials have said there was a misunderstanding when a preschooler’s homemade lunch was sent home for not meeting certain nutritional requirements, but now a second mother from the same school has come forward exclusively to The Blaze to say the same thing happened to her daughter.

Diane Zambrano says her 4-year-old daughter, Jazlyn, is in the same West Hoke Elementary School class as the little girl whose lunch gained national attention earlier this week. When Zambrano picked Jazlyn up from school late last month, she was told by Jazlyn’s teacher that the lunch she had packed that day did not meet the necessary guidelines and that Jazlyn had been sent to the cafeteria.

The lunch Zambrano packed for her daughter? A cheese and salami sandwich on a wheat bun with apple juice. The lunch she got in the cafeteria? Chicken nuggets, a sweet potato, bread and milk.

“She never eats breakfast or lunch at the school,” Zambrano said of her daughter during an interview with The Blaze. “We always wake up early and make her lunch.”

(Excerpt) Read more at theblaze.com ...

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Exclusive: 2nd N.C. Mother Says Daughter’s School Lunch Replaced for Not Being Healthy Enough
The Blaze ^ | 2/17/12 | Madeleine Morgenstern
Posted on February 17, 2012 8:03:46 PM EST by Nachum

North Carolina officials have said there was a misunderstanding when a preschooler’s homemade lunch was sent home for not meeting certain nutritional requirements, but now a second mother from the same school has come forward exclusively to The Blaze to say the same thing happened to her daughter.

Diane Zambrano says her 4-year-old daughter, Jazlyn, is in the same West Hoke Elementary School class as the little girl whose lunch gained national attention earlier this week. When Zambrano picked Jazlyn up from school late last month, she was told by Jazlyn’s teacher that the lunch she had packed that day did not meet the necessary guidelines and that Jazlyn had been sent to the cafeteria.

The lunch Zambrano packed for her daughter? A cheese and salami sandwich on a wheat bun with apple juice. The lunch she got in the cafeteria? Chicken nuggets, a sweet potato, bread and milk.

“She never eats breakfast or lunch at the school,” Zambrano said of her daughter during an interview with The Blaze. “We always wake up early and make her lunch.”

(Excerpt) Read more at theblaze.com ...

Goddamn parents feeding their kids cheese and meat sandwich on wheat, I mean they may as well just be feeding them straight sugar! Thank god the government is there to save the day!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
to be fair - her meal didn't include a veggie or fruit.  Don't tell me apple juice counts, we know it doesnt.

over 14 years of free lunch (or 12), that girl may NEVER have ANY fruits or veggies if this is the dialy lunch, and we know its same at home.

For many kids, school lunch may be the ONLY time they have a veggie option until they're 18 and doing their own shopping.

SO what' the problem with "hey, i noticed your meal is missing fiber, antioxidants, and any kinda real fruit veggie - you keep your delicious lunch and we'll ALSO give you this free lunch which includes the veggies your mama didn't pack.

in 12 years, that girl will be HEALTHIER and less of a burden upon the US healthcare system for LIFE if she had veggies 180 days a year for all those school years.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
to be fair - her meal didn't include a veggie or fruit.  Don't tell me apple juice counts, we know it doesnt.

over 14 years of free lunch (or 12), that girl may NEVER have ANY fruits or veggies if this is the dialy lunch, and we know its same at home.

For many kids, school lunch may be the ONLY time they have a veggie option until they're 18 and doing their own shopping.

SO what' the problem with "hey, i noticed your meal is missing fiber, antioxidants, and any kinda real fruit veggie - you keep your delicious lunch and we'll ALSO give you this free lunch which includes the veggies your mama didn't pack.

in 12 years, that girl will be HEALTHIER and less of a burden upon the US healthcare system for LIFE if she had veggies 180 days a year for all those school years.

The human race would be healthier if you were forcibly removed from the gene pool. You are so stupid that you make my hair hurt.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

Sigh.
We get it, you dont parent your kid so you want the government to do it for you.
Some of us would like to retain the ability to parent our kids the way we see fit.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
i've seen many kids go to school every day for 180 days, with doritos and a snicker bars, then they grab their free lunch.

and their parents are probably the ones yelling loudest "michelle obama needs to stay the hell outta my kids lunch bag!"

and they are right the first lady doesn't belong there - but IMO the school giving kids veggies when their bag has none is a GOOD thing.

You're on getbig and into fitness, so "the way you see fit" is probably pretty healthy.  But there are so many parents who feed their kids shit, and the US heealthcare system suffers when half of them will have diabetes in their lifetime as obestiy rates skyrocket.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
i've seen many kids go to school every day for 180 days, with doritos and a snicker bars, then they grab their free lunch.

and their parents are probably the ones yelling loudest "michelle obama needs to stay the hell outta my kids lunch bag!"

and they are right the first lady doesn't belong there - but IMO the school giving kids veggies when their bag has none is a GOOD thing.

You're on getbig and into fitness, so "the way you see fit" is probably pretty healthy.  But there are so many parents who feed their kids shit, and the US heealthcare system suffers when half of them will have diabetes in their lifetime as obestiy rates skyrocket.
Sigh.
You dont get it do you - the government doesnt "just" add veggies - as soon as you let them start supplementing your kids lunch - they go the next step. Next itll be taking your lunch away and mandating your kid to eat their lunch.
After that CPS will be showing up on your door if you dont comply with their "prescribed lunch"

When you start asking the government to parent your kids - guess what. They DO. Theyre not gonna be "part time parents" to just fix what people fuck up. Theyre going to take over. And all the good parents will get fucked.

How about some fucking personal responsibility for parenting instead of just saying "Shitty parents are shitty, better get the government to parent their kids"

You are not a liberatarian Rob. No matter how much you protest. Every post of your is backing up the government picking up the slack from shitty personal responsability. Guess what - theyll take the slack you give them, and then the whole fucking rope.

The government is not there to fix people's failings. Its there to keep people from fucking each other over. The moment you ask them to fix shitty peoples lives, is the moment you lose your own.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Unreal.  What idiot came up with that idea??

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Unreal.  What idiot came up with that idea??

Michelle obama!   This idiot met w her a few times. 

All bad things lead to Bonnie and Clyde in the WH   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Michelle obama!   This idiot met w her a few times. 

All bad things lead to Bonnie and Clyde in the WH   

Good grief.  One of the dumbest policy decisions I've ever heard. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Friggin food Gestapo.   ::)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!

That guy reflects how I feel pretty much whenever I read anything that 333 posts - every fucking thing I read just makes me outraged.