Author Topic: Good for him!  (Read 4575 times)

bigmc

• Getbig V
Re: Good for him!
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2015, 11:50:38 AM »
Both are assholes.

I think this sums it up

problem is when you are cop nowadays you know there is a high chance you will cop that attitude

sitting in a car park in the middle of the night is what criminals do

cop was doing his job just not very well

im guessing both men were under 5 ft 10
T

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 11:53:03 AM »
I think this sums it up

problem is when you are cop nowadays you know there is a high chance you will cop that attitude

sitting in a car park in the middle of the night is what criminals do

cop was doing his job just not very well

im guessing both men were under 5 ft 10

Dont be silly, cops of all heights are assholes. Its just part of their nature lol  ;D ;D
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2015, 12:30:40 PM »
Exactly.

If any one of you had been in that motel and became engaged in violence/etc. with a person(s) who was later shown to have been hanging around, unchecked, in a car in the parking lot, at night, when patrolling officers were working the area and could have simply done a quick check on who it was and what their business was, you would have screamed to the rafters how the cops weren't acting in the public's best interest. Then I'd imagine most of you would sue the city, police department and the mayor's elderly mother because the civil servants didn't do their jobs.

I am a 45-year-old Caucasian male from a large Canadian city. In my time, thus far, I have been asked at random points what I'm doing and to provide ID. The officers were doing their job protecting the good people of the city. I didn't give attitude and complied, and each and every time the cops were friendly, quick with their business and wished me a pleasant evening.

BIG FREAKIN' DEAL.

I am always happy to see people doing their jobs.

I am now a law-enforcement officer and cannot tell you how difficult it can be to deal with individuals who can't simply allow us to do our job. Believe it or not, some of us AREN'T assholes who are power-mad and we have a genuine intention to protect the law-abiding public.

That some of you equate what's shown in the video to an example of an encroaching "police state" is pure lunacy.

"Here's my driver's licence, officer. I'm staying in room 14. Just thought I'd sit out here in my car while I enjoy my ice cream before heading in for the night."

Cop: "Cool. Thank you very much for your cooperation. You have a pleasant and peaceful evening, sir."

SOOO difficult.  ::)  

Good post except getbiggers always stay in room 7.

I think lot of people on getbig are a little naive and grew up in a bubble. Those of us who spent times in rough areas know that somone just hanging out in a car, at night, in a cheap motel parking lot is likely up to something involving drugs, prostitution, burglary or worse.

If that were me I would have given the officer my ID and said I was staying in room 7 near the ice machine, just finishing my last carb meal of the day before going in. And I would feel safer because of it. However I will admit that since this guy is black he does have a greater chance of getting checked than I do and he knows that and that's the reason why he was a dick to the cop.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »
Good post except getbiggers always stay in room 7.

I think lot of people on getbig are a little naive and grew up in a bubble. Those of us who spent times in rough areas know that somone just hanging out in a car, at night, in a cheap motel parking lot is likely up to something involving drugs, prostitution, burglary or worse.

If that were me I would have given the officer my ID and said I was staying in room 7 near the ice machine, just finishing my last carb meal of the day before going in. And I would feel safer because of it. However I will admit that since this guy is black he does have a greater chance of getting checked than I do and he knows that and that's the reason why he was a dick to the cop.

As I stated previously, I was in a parking lot late at night in LA (not a really bad part, but not the best part, either). Cop asked me to leave. Did not ask me to show ID.

Perhaps this cop just really didn't give a shit. Maybe he was having a good day. Maybe it had to do with me being white. Maybe he just didnt feel like doing paperwork. Who knows.
X

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:10 PM »
As I stated previously, I was in a parking lot late at night in LA (not a really bad part, but not the best part, either). Cop asked me to leave. Did not ask me to show ID.

Perhaps this cop just really didn't give a shit. Maybe he was having a good day. Maybe it had to do with me being white. Maybe he just didnt feel like doing paperwork. Who knows.

Race definitely could have been a factor. Also remember cops can ask for a lot of things but it doesn't mean you have to do them. You need to know your rights. Cops can knock on the door to your house and ask to come in and look around, it's up to you to give or deny permission.

Teutonic Knight

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2015, 01:54:51 PM »
Hebrews can't get no peace.

Africa is land of love & peace, no wars,no hunger, only happines  :D

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »
iDs and DLs are not private property.  They are essentially rented and must be given to police upon demand. Read the fine print.  And why not eat in your room?  Fat white girlfriend musta clogged the toilet.

LittleJ

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2015, 07:25:39 PM »
We don't know the back story. Maybe there was a know armed person that was in the area? Maybe the hotel reported a drug dealer in the parking lot.

I'm always for showing my I'd and explain what's going on if a cop asked. I don't know why they are there. Must be a reason if I'm not doing anything wrong then I have no reason to be disrespectful.

This guy in the car was a child and an idoit.  

Then again im 26 with nothing on my record. Funny how these black guys that are the first ones that cry foul have rap sheets that are 12 pages long. Yet guys like us never have issues... Mmmmmm wonder why.  ;D

Wow I didn't know you was only 26. Anyways no Hebrews on this site have a criminal record but guys "like you" do. :)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2015, 07:26:56 PM »
Styling and profiling!   :D