Author Topic: Why are bodybuilders obsessed with protein?  (Read 11563 times)

MikMaq

Re: Why are bodybuilders obsessed with protein?
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2012, 09:49:54 PM »
I'll save OP some time, simple they got Assburgers burgers are high protein it'd only be logical that an injesting of high amount of proteen's would be needed.

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2012, 06:13:30 AM »
Well I guess every bodybuilding champion since the mid 60's was wrong. I'll call them all and let them know.

OK, I just got off a conference call with 73,216 winning bodybuilders from the past 47 years. I told them they were all wrong. They must return their trophies and delete their pictures from history.  Only Bill Pearl gets to keep his trophies and pictures.

Good luck with your bodybuilding while consuming 27 grams of protein daily, runts.

PS. I am available for fisticuffs at noon.

;D

+1
I just love it when ppl refute the basics of bodybuilding.

"that doesn't work, you're doing it wrong"  :D
tank u jesus

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2012, 06:22:34 AM »
Why change the system?

There is no alternative to protein, everyone knows this. If one thing we have learned over the years is that bodybuilders will do absolutely anything to get big. They will also try anything, if a bodybuilder thought eating elephant poo would get them big they would, if a bodybuilder thought drinking sewage water would get you big they would drink it.

Bodybuilders have tried every combination of everything known to man and at the end it always ends up being exactly what has worked since day one and that is a lot of protein, plain and simple.

My body grows best at 300 grams a day and even more when I am dieting and I can not take 150 grams of protein and grow, sorry but it won't work.

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »
I like protein but at times I don't feel like it.  I force myself to eat it half the time. 

Yes, but as you've admitted elsewhere you aren't supplementing your diet with 'straight from the tap' infusions, thus making it more difficult to meet your daily protein needs.

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2012, 11:25:13 AM »

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2012, 12:17:35 PM »
the thing is, he looks better on the before pics,lmfao

errr... yeah
thanks captain obvious  :)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2012, 01:10:18 PM »
errr... yeah
thanks captain obvious  :)
my head is 30 percent larger in the first pic cause im closer to the camera

just like your lord god jay is closer making him appear larger

A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2012, 01:11:48 PM »
but i will say that letting the heme-iron out of yoursystem is a a good thing though. im a little bit weaker but not by a whole lot im just fatter
A

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2012, 01:12:33 PM »

Have you seen recent photos?  That after is inside a 400 pound man.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2012, 01:40:56 PM »
Why change the system?

There is no alternative to protein, everyone knows this. If one thing we have learned over the years is that bodybuilders will do absolutely anything to get big. They will also try anything, if a bodybuilder thought eating elephant poo would get them big they would, if a bodybuilder thought drinking sewage water would get you big they would drink it.

Bodybuilders have tried every combination of everything known to man and at the end it always ends up being exactly what has worked since day one and that is a lot of protein, plain and simple.

My body grows best at 300 grams a day and even more when I am dieting and I can not take 150 grams of protein and grow, sorry but it won't work.

i thought serge nubret ate 5lbs horse meat and 5lbs beans once per day?

i saw arnold and franco eating plates of burgers and fries in pumping iron?

btw, what do you mean "grows"?  have you really grown at all in the last decade or so?

why are you trying to grow while dieting?  i thought you needed caloric surplus?

honest questions ???

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 29, 2012, 02:00:57 PM »
I suppose this goes for other people too: fitness freaks, soccer moms, etc.

What's really the reason?  Out of the three macronutrients, protein is the only one with a good reputation.  Fats have recovered a little, and these days carbs are the bogeyman.  It's like people believe you can eat as much protein as you want, and only good things will happen.  You'll never be fat, and the muscle will just pile on.

But doesn't this strike anyone else as just complete BULLSHIT?  Tren + sickening cow genes =

does this cow eat lots of steak?  chicken?

no, but that bull is roided to fuckery

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #61 on: October 29, 2012, 02:52:51 PM »
i thought serge nubret ate 5lbs horse meat and 5lbs beans once per day?

i saw arnold and franco eating plates of burgers and fries in pumping iron?

btw, what do you mean "grows"?  have you really grown at all in the last decade or so?

why are you trying to grow while dieting?  i thought you needed caloric surplus?

honest questions ???
Grown? not height wise, I use that word as growing muscle.

Bro I grow cause every 2 years or so I take 6 months off from the gym and off all gear. I end up at 200 lb maybe 12% and that is what I stay at. When I get back into the swing of thing I gain 50 lb in 5-6 months with same bodyfat %, of course this is because I have already been here and of course I am then juice to the gills, but I can honestly say I would plateau at maybe 235 with anything less then 300 grams of protein per day and I know from experience there is no way I could get to 250 at the same bodyfat% without the large amounts of protein.

No I do not grow while dieting, that would be hard at this point, but I do add at least 100 grams of protein to prevent any muscle loss while dieting on no carbs. This year I am planning on growing to new territory (260 lb) before I start my diet for my shows in 2013 (unfortunately I have to start at the bottom levels again). So from 260 down to 215 there is not a day I won`t eat 400 grams of protein and trust me it is a task, I struggle but I do it.

but I actually know what you mean when some claim 800 grams per day, that would be hard to believe and certainly that amount would not yield better results then 400-500, of course we are talking about 300 pounders here, 180 pounder would need 250 grams at the very most and more then likely 200 would be enough. On the flip size the so called experts that claim 100 grams per day is enough are completely out to launch.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 29, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »
Grown? not height wise, I use that word as growing muscle.

Bro I grow cause every 2 years or so I take 6 months off from the gym and off all gear. I end up at 200 lb maybe 12% and that is what I stay at. When I get back into the swing of thing I gain 50 lb in 5-6 months with same bodyfat %, of course this is because I have already been here and of course I am then juice to the gills, but I can honestly say I would plateau at maybe 235 with anything less then 300 grams of protein per day and I know from experience there is no way I could get to 250 at the same bodyfat% without the large amounts of protein.

No I do not grow while dieting, that would be hard at this point, but I do add at least 100 grams of protein to prevent any muscle loss while dieting on no carbs. This year I am planning on growing to new territory (260 lb) before I start my diet for my shows in 2013 (unfortunately I have to start at the bottom levels again). So from 260 down to 215 there is not a day I won`t eat 400 grams of protein and trust me it is a task, I struggle but I do it.

but I actually know what you mean when some claim 800 grams per day, that would be hard to believe and certainly that amount would not yield better results then 400-500, of course we are talking about 300 pounders here, 180 pounder would need 250 grams at the very most and more then likely 200 would be enough. On the flip size the so called experts that claim 100 grams per day is enough are completely out to launch.

Good post and I agree.  I eat maybe 125-150 a day @ 200 lbs and don't notice any difference from when I ate 500 (well, back then I was fat).

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 03:05:10 PM »
Good post and I agree.  I eat maybe 125-150 a day @ 200 lbs and don't notice any difference from when I ate 500 (well, back then I was fat).
Ya 500 at that weight is way to much and I agree it would be a waste of time and money, congrats at losing the fat, always good to hear the ex fat people are now living with a better physique

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2012, 03:07:08 PM »
Ya 500 at that weight is way to much and I agree it would be a waste of time and money, congrats at losing the fat, always good to hear the ex fat people are now living with a better physique

haha i mean i went from maybe 8%, tried to "bodybuild" without hormones, got up to 260 at maybe 15%, eating 6000+ calories and 500 g protein a day, realized i was retarded, and settled back into 10% ish.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2012, 03:10:37 PM »
haha i mean i went from maybe 8%, tried to "bodybuild" without hormones, got up to 260 at maybe 15%, eating 6000+ calories and 500 g protein a day, realized i was retarded, and settled back into 10% ish.
Oh my bad, sorry misunderstood I thought you meant you where fat from before, I see. Well everyone is different but I suspect, and recommend BTW, that if you added 50 grams more per day you would benefit from it.