Author Topic: Second largest air force in the world?  (Read 2961 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Second largest air force in the world?
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 02:10:24 PM »
China pwns us...it's by grace that we're not speaking Mandarin already. 

The Navy has always had and always will have the best fighter pilots in the world...until we start exporting our best video games.

A good magnetic pulse and your guys are all flying blind.
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 03:26:53 PM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/People%27s_Liberation_Army_Air_Force

This link would lead me to assume the Russian air force is in fact second, China third.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 04:02:51 PM »
No Chinese pilot has seen major combat since, what Korea....no chinese troops have seen combat in decades, major combat. They are decades behind us in some ways..and pretty even in others. They have put enough money into bloodying our noses so we won't fight, should they ever decide to invade Taiwan. They have been paying close attention to what we did to Iraq and then the occupation. They know how well we've done and where we've had problems.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 04:13:40 PM »
I leave u with this............

The C-17 aircraft carrying food, electricity generators, blankets and other goods flew into Chengdu, the capital of worst-hit Sichuan province.

One arrived in the morning and a second was expected to arrive in the early afternoon, said Susan Stevenson, a spokeswoman for the US embassy in Beijing. The planes came from Hawaii and the US Pacific territory of Guam.

Admiral Timothy Keating, commander of the US Pacific Command, said the US troops offer “our sincere condolences” to the Chinese people.

“We will continue to provide any assistance we can to minimise their suffering and loss of life,” he said in a statement.

China’s official Xinhua news agency said that the US military aid totalled 1.6 million dollars.

“This is first humanitarian aid donated by foreign military forces,” Xinhua said, quoting the nation’s cabinet.

L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2008, 04:14:29 PM »
There weren't any Chinese aircraft dropping supplies in New Orleans.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2008, 04:19:30 PM »
There weren't any Chinese aircraft dropping supplies in New Orleans.

we would have refused them.  Bush refused a great deal of foreign aid, remember?  They offered to pull their ships into New Orleans port and give out food and water.  Bush declined.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2008, 04:29:44 PM »
If we bomb Iran and then choose not to occupy that country, we win.
  Please tell me you are not really that stupid.  You know there's zero chance of simplifying the scope of such an action with "we win"  We may infact lose a great many things with everything considered.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2008, 04:38:50 PM »
Wow...much like the rest of the Libs, u pulled out one quote from my post as my central theme. We can bomb the dogshit out of Iran...we can destroy their entire,entire military infrastructure. We can sink everything they have afloat. we can destroy their entire AF. Destroy a large part of their armor forces before we have to set foot into Iran with conventional forces....thats a fact u can't deny. We have no plans to ever occupy that country. Once we do that, we have defeated Iran. Iran will counter by destabilizing the south of Iraq, they will try and do the same in Afghanistan. They will hit soft targets here and in Europe. They will attempt to cut the Straight of Hormuz....oil will spike. I think I've covered everything that will happen. The threat of Iran will be gone. Now if all we have done is strike mil targets, we might have caused the government to tip....if we can cultivate Pro western factions, things in Iran could turn around quickly. There is alot I have not mentioned..alot could go wrong. I don't think we're hitting Iran and I've considered eveything but could not possibly post it all here. Over a beer sure. I'm also posting only on our military alternatives and what Irans initial response will be. I can say that I didn't come up with all this crap myself.
L

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2008, 04:52:43 PM »
we would have refused them.  Bush refused a great deal of foreign aid, remember?  They offered to pull their ships into New Orleans port and give out food and water.  Bush declined.

Yeah, we watched that with great sadness. Katrina hit us first.....

And much aid was declined till it was too late, ours as well, Bush did take some international help eventually...when it was too late to really matter unfortunately...Mega sad all around, we feel it as we live it also. Hopefully will never occur again.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2008, 04:55:53 PM »
Wow...much like the rest of the Libs, u pulled out one quote from my post as my central theme. We can bomb the dogshit out of Iran...we can destroy their entire,entire military infrastructure. We can sink everything they have afloat. we can destroy their entire AF. Destroy a large part of their armor forces before we have to set foot into Iran with conventional forces....thats a fact u can't deny. We have no plans to ever occupy that country. Once we do that, we have defeated Iran. Iran will counter by destabilizing the south of Iraq, they will try and do the same in Afghanistan. They will hit soft targets here and in Europe. They will attempt to cut the Straight of Hormuz....oil will spike. I think I've covered everything that will happen. The threat of Iran will be gone. Now if all we have done is strike mil targets, we might have caused the government to tip....if we can cultivate Pro western factions, things in Iran could turn around quickly. There is alot I have not mentioned..alot could go wrong. I don't think we're hitting Iran and I've considered eveything but could not possibly post it all here. Over a beer sure. I'm also posting only on our military alternatives and what Irans initial response will be. I can say that I didn't come up with all this crap myself.

There are some people here who think Iran is a military juggernaut. Apparently their Quds force smuggling weapons over the Iraqi border is a great military accomplishment.  ::)

They fly second generation aircraft, their navy is crap and everything but the Quds force is crap.

I'd rather let Israel destroy Iran. No skin off our back and you know Israel would get the job done.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2008, 05:04:43 PM »
..alot could go wrong.
The most significant part of your "bomb Iran" post is buried in the details...
!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2008, 05:09:11 PM »
I think the quds guys we have to worry about are the guys bouncing around here and Europe....I'm not worried about anybodies standing forces. As far as smuggling...nope no smuggling we watch em truck the shit in....what we've been trying to do is then roll up the supplies and the Iranians on the Iraqi side. It sucks....

Hey benny...show me in a clear well thoughtout manner what will happen. Show me with a clear understanding of how Iranian forces will operate to stop US forces. I could tell u that US forces,in a worst case senario, might have to fight their way to Jordan and Kuwait. In short there isn't a damm thing u could post that would surprise me. War with Iran is a bad idea. Not because we would loose militarily, but because we are tied to oil and oil runs our country.
L

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2008, 05:12:00 PM »
I think the quds guys we have to worry about are the guys bouncing around here and Europe....I'm not worried about anybodies standing forces. As far as smuggling...nope no smuggling we watch em truck the shit in....what we've been trying to do is then roll up the supplies and the Iranians on the Iraqi side. It sucks....

Didn't know that was how they're approaching dealing with them. Makes sense if you think about it. Catch them in the act and they can't lie their way out of it like the Iranians do with everything. Did the US ever give back those five Quds guys they captured up in northern Iraq who Iran was trying to pass off as diplomats? Can't find anything about it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2008, 05:17:16 PM »
There is some confusion over how thats working out....I would love to sit down with some of u guys and let u know whats going on over there. Anyway O'Fallion got shitcanned over this. Bush wanted to sort of illustrate Iran's involvement and Centcom was worried about a harsh Iranian response. However not everybody was on board with O'Fallon. They saw that everyday, EFP's were killing our guys. So I guess it all came to ahead...O'Fallon poped off in the media to get himself fired and that was that.
L

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2008, 09:54:05 PM »
Israel would not dare strike Iran without the full blind backing of the US.  There is a reason why the Israeli Lobby is the most powerful lobby on Capitol Hill. 

In wars, the vast majority of the victors had more access to resources (food, metals, supplies, etc...). China and its allies are trying to change this.  Everyday, container ships leave Western US Ports to deliver mountains of scrap metals to China where it is processed into goods that returns here at prices 10 times more than the cost of the item made, and into it's military endeavors.  China is colonizing Africa RIGHT NOW, gaining access to Africa's largely untapped resources.  China has numerous advantages in going into other countries, particularly in Africa, where they can avoid the stigmas of racism and "white-guilt" that plague Western nations.

While the US's military might far outpaces most other nations, other nations do have other weapons and tactics at their disposal that can get around this.