Author Topic: Lawmaker suggests ‘duct tape’ strategy for GOP pols:  (Read 342 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Lawmaker suggests ‘duct tape’ strategy for GOP pols:
« on: February 12, 2014, 11:28:13 AM »
 :D :D :D :D :D

Lawmaker suggests ‘duct tape’ strategy for GOP pols: Shut up until November elections
 By Travis Gettys
Monday, February 10, 2014 15:21 EST

A Tennessee congressman feels confident that Republicans can pick up six seats in the U.S. Senate, if only candidates would stop talking until the November election.

“I would suggest when we nominate people we give them a roll of duct tape to put over their mouths so they don’t say stupid things, and maybe we can win an election,” said Rep. Ted Poe (R-TN) during an event Monday at the Heritage Foundation.

~snip~
He cited Rep. Tom Cotton (R-AR), who has claimed that women are to blame for divorce, and Rep. Bill Cassidy (R-LA), who called health care law’s birth control mandate an assault on religious freedom, as some of the GOP’s best candidates.

“Let’s get on our team instead of handing the ball off – I’m the quarterback, hand the ball off to my halfback and then I tackle him,” Poe said. “Let’s quit doing that. Let’s get behind our guys.”

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/02/10/lawmaker-suggests-duct-tape-strategy-for-gop-pols-shut-up-until-november-elections/