Author Topic: Howard Dean doubles down on Donald Trump cocaine speculation  (Read 2966 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Howard Dean doubles down on Donald Trump cocaine speculation
« on: September 28, 2016, 03:08:57 PM »
This is just as bad as Harry Reid calling Romney a tax cheat from the Senate floor. 

He sniffs during the presentation, which is something that users do. He also has grandiosity, which is something that accompanies that problem. He has delusions, Howard Dean said.  He has trouble with pressured speech. He interrupted ... Hillary Clinton 29 times. He couldn't keep himself together. (Associated Press)
By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Former Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean refused to back down Tuesday from suggesting during the presidential debate that Donald Trump used cocaine.

Mr. Dean first raised the issue in a tweet when the Republican nominee repeatedly sniffled during the debate Monday night.

“You can’t make a diagnosis over the television. I would never do that,” Mr. Dean, a physician, said Tuesday on MSNBC. “But that is a signature of people who use cocaine. I’m not suggesting that he does.”

Mr. Dean insisted he wasn’t suggesting that Mr. Trump had a cocaine habit. He then listed the symptoms that he said pointed to cocaine use by the New York billionaire.

“He sniffs during the presentation, which is something that users do. He also has grandiosity, which is something that accompanies that problem. He has delusions,” Mr. Dean said. “He has trouble with pressured speech. He interrupted … Hillary Clinton 29 times. He couldn’t keep himself together.”

Mr. Dean, who objected to doctors speculating about the health of Mrs. Clinton when the Democratic nominee collapsed at a Sept. 11 memorial event, said that he was not doing the same thing to Mr. Trump.

He refused to apologize for the tweet raising the cocaine use issue or delete the tweet.

“Do I think at 70 years old he has a cocaine habit? Probably not. But, you know, it’s something that I think would be interesting to ask him and see if he ever had a problem with that,” said Mr. Dean, a former Vermont governor who ran unsuccessfully for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination.

“I don’t think this was a ridiculous idea. Something funny was going on with Trump last night. Do I think it was cocaine? Probably not,” he said. “But again the sniffling, the grandiosity, delusions, the pressured speech. You know, this guy has already proven himself to be unstable. The question is why is he unstable.”

During the debate, Mr. Dean tweeted: “Notice Trump sniffing all the time. Coke user?”

The remark quickly went viral and provoked an onslaught of criticism.

“Said the Vermont acid freak,” responded Mikey Adams. Dean Stuckey tweeted to him “@GovHowardDean dude you’re such a [f***ing] loser.” And Ryan Miller replied: “It’s a stupid comment from someone who should be taking the high ground.”

National Lampoon chimed in: “Well it is The Real Thing.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/27/howard-dean-doubles-down-trump-cocaine-speculation/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Re: Howard Dean doubles down on Donald Trump cocaine speculation
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 04:21:56 PM »
Axelrod calls on Dean to apologize for suggesting Trump uses cocaine
By Yousef Saba
Updated 09/28/16

David Axelrod on Wednesday called on Howard Dean to apologize to Donald Trump for accusing him of being a cocaine user.

“My reaction, that was outrageous,” Obama's former campaign strategist said in an interview with CNN’s Wolf Blitzer. “He, like Donald Trump, has refused to apologize for an outrageous statement. He really should.”

Dean, a former Democratic National Committee chairman and presidential candidate, poked at Trump's persistent sniffing during the Monday night debate, tweeting, “Notice Trump sniffing all the time. Coke user?”

Dean, a medical doctor, then appeared on MSNBC on Tuesday and began by saying he would “never” diagnose someone through television.

He then defended the remark, saying, “I don’t think this is a ridiculous idea. Something funny was going on with Trump last night. Do I think it was cocaine? Probably not. But, you know, again, the sniffling, the grandiosity, the delusions, the pressured speech. You know, this guy has already proven himself to be unstable, the question is, why is he unstable?”

“There are plenty of ways and valid reasons to attack and critique Donald Trump, but that was a really — a really outrageous tweet,” Axelrod said. “And, you know, I don't think Howard Dean has done anything since the great scream in 2004 quite like this. He ought to pull that back."

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/cocaine-axelrod-dean-trump-228865#ixzz4Lb01Xwao

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 04:59:48 PM »
"Rightwingers literally accuse Hillary of murder and Dean's in trouble for saying "dude's on drugs"?"

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 05:01:16 PM »
"Rightwingers literally accuse Hillary of murder and Dean's in trouble for saying "dude's on drugs"?"

What trouble is he in?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 05:02:25 PM »

LOL!   Clinton body count is morning reading for these folks - good point.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 05:06:40 PM »
This is just as bad as Harry Reid calling Romney a tax cheat from the Senate floor. 

He sniffs during the presentation, which is something that users do. He also has grandiosity, which is something that accompanies that problem. He has delusions, Howard Dean said.  He has trouble with pressured speech. He interrupted ... Hillary Clinton 29 times. He couldn't keep himself together. (Associated Press)
By S.A. Miller - The Washington Times - Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Former Democratic National Committee chairman Howard Dean refused to back down Tuesday from suggesting during the presidential debate that Donald Trump used cocaine.

Mr. Dean first raised the issue in a tweet when the Republican nominee repeatedly sniffled during the debate Monday night.

“You can’t make a diagnosis over the television. I would never do that,” Mr. Dean, a physician, said Tuesday on MSNBC. “But that is a signature of people who use cocaine. I’m not suggesting that he does.”

Mr. Dean insisted he wasn’t suggesting that Mr. Trump had a cocaine habit. He then listed the symptoms that he said pointed to cocaine use by the New York billionaire.

“He sniffs during the presentation, which is something that users do. He also has grandiosity, which is something that accompanies that problem. He has delusions,” Mr. Dean said. “He has trouble with pressured speech. He interrupted … Hillary Clinton 29 times. He couldn’t keep himself together.”

Mr. Dean, who objected to doctors speculating about the health of Mrs. Clinton when the Democratic nominee collapsed at a Sept. 11 memorial event, said that he was not doing the same thing to Mr. Trump.

He refused to apologize for the tweet raising the cocaine use issue or delete the tweet.

“Do I think at 70 years old he has a cocaine habit? Probably not. But, you know, it’s something that I think would be interesting to ask him and see if he ever had a problem with that,” said Mr. Dean, a former Vermont governor who ran unsuccessfully for the 2004 Democratic presidential nomination.

“I don’t think this was a ridiculous idea. Something funny was going on with Trump last night. Do I think it was cocaine? Probably not,” he said. “But again the sniffling, the grandiosity, delusions, the pressured speech. You know, this guy has already proven himself to be unstable. The question is why is he unstable.”

During the debate, Mr. Dean tweeted: “Notice Trump sniffing all the time. Coke user?”

The remark quickly went viral and provoked an onslaught of criticism.

“Said the Vermont acid freak,” responded Mikey Adams. Dean Stuckey tweeted to him “@GovHowardDean dude you’re such a [f***ing] loser.” And Ryan Miller replied: “It’s a stupid comment from someone who should be taking the high ground.”

National Lampoon chimed in: “Well it is The Real Thing.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/sep/27/howard-dean-doubles-down-trump-cocaine-speculation/

Its dumb but deliberate manipulation because those that heard it will add drug suspicion to their exsisting mistrust.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2016, 05:12:53 PM »
Its dumb but deliberate manipulation because those that heard it will add drug suspicion to their exsisting mistrust.

Exactly.   

I think it's silly to try to associate 80s real estate new york types with any kind of cocaine use.  just ridiculous.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2016, 05:14:19 PM »

Moral equivalency fail.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 05:15:01 PM »

Same as the Harry Reid tax comments.  Dirty.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 05:18:21 PM »
Same as the Harry Reid tax comments.  Dirty.

LOL!  Trump has played dirty for 16 months, down to accusing Cruz dad of assassination.

LOL @ Repubs suddenly outraged.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 05:28:35 PM »
LOL!  Trump has played dirty for 16 months, down to accusing Cruz dad of assassination.

LOL @ Repubs suddenly outraged.   

Very smooth transition from being Obama's biggest cheerleader to Hillary's biggest cheerleader. 

The board's biggest liberal here to provide cover for liberals.  It's a full-time job. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 07:00:48 AM »
Trump was up from 3 am until 5 am.  Tweeting furiously over a 2 hour span.

All sorts of stuff about the miss universe he called Miss Piggy and Miss Housekeeping.

He's asking about her having a sex tape.  He's asking about her citizenship details.  WHY IS HE GIVING THIS STORY LIFE?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 09:29:44 AM »
Trump was up from 3 am until 5 am.  Tweeting furiously over a 2 hour span.

All sorts of stuff about the miss universe he called Miss Piggy and Miss Housekeeping.

He's asking about her having a sex tape.  He's asking about her citizenship details.  WHY IS HE GIVING THIS STORY LIFE?

What the heck does this have to do with Howard Dean accusing Trump of using cocaine?   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 09:30:17 AM »
Dean Apologizes for Cocaine 'Innuendo,' Delivers Stern Rebuke of Media
By Sandy Fitzgerald   |   Friday, 30 Sep 2016

Howard Dean on Friday apologized for "using innuendo" against Donald Trump when he speculated that the GOP nominee was a cocaine user, but he said he wasn't apologizing to Trump himself, and went on to deliver a scathing review of the media's role in elevating the businessman's presidential campaign.

"I would be very willing to apologize, not to Donald Trump, but I don't think using innuendo is a good thing, but the problem is much greater than that," the former Vermont governor and MSNBC contributor told network correspondent Stephanie Ruhle. "I would like the media of this country to apologize."

On Monday night, Dean, a former Democratic National Committee chairman, tweeted a question about if Trump was a drug user, based on his repeated sniffling during the presidential debate. The next day when MSNBC's Kate Snow asked Dean if he'd apologize, he admitted that Trump "probably" doesn't have a cocaine problem at 70 years of age, but it would be "interesting" to ask him about it.

While Dean apologized for using innuendo in his cocaine comments, he was in full attack mode against Trump for being "up in the wee hours...tweeting at 3 and 4 in the morning about sex tapes. This is a guy running for president of the United States."

"These are not normal people," Dean continued. "There is something the matter with him, and I don't know what it is."

Dean also accused the media of pushing Trump's campaign for ratings.

"We have used a double standard on Donald Trump and created Donald Trump," said Dean, adding that the GOP nominee got an estimated $2 billion of free air time.

"Why?" he continued. "Because his ratings are great. The Trump show, the Trump Chinese [neck] ties and the Trump all this stuff keeping Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders off the air on the night of the Florida primary, calling in to talk shows, including the most venerable talk shows in the country, the Sunday talk shows. You think Tim Russert or Bob Schieffer would have let a candidate call in to the talk shows in his pajamas? The media is giving him a free ride because he was great for the ratings. The real job of the media is to defend democracy."

Dean also accused the mainstream media of giving Trump enough of a pass that he was able to win the Republican primary, over "three or four, six people who were capable of being an adequate president of the United States."

SPECIAL: Melania Trump Get's Caught, Angers Donald
Melania Trump Get's Caught, Angers Donald. You'll Never Guess What She Did!
Learn More
"When his surrogates said Hillary Clinton had Parkinson's disease and would be dead in six months, did I hear pompous hand wringing editorials on Bloomberg News?" Dean continued. "For eight months of Donald Trump's campaign, you gave him free air time, let him call in, let him say anything he wanted."

Dean said his criticism wasn't against Ruhle personally or against MSNBC, as he's proud to be a contributor, "even if I may not be tomorrow, but I think this is a serious problem. I'm not unwilling to apologize for using innuendo. I don't think that's a reasonable thing to do."

But Trump, he said "has used innuendo from the day he got into this campaign, and you media have not called him on it. You're calling him on it now. It's a little late after he knocked off very capable Republican people who could have given us a real race and had confidence that either one of these people could have been a good president."

As a result, "we have somebody running who is completely incompetent and you know shouldn't be president of the United States, and so do all the editorial boards in the country, including those of the most conservative papers in the United States."

When Ruhle asked him why he'd want to behave like Trump and use innuendo and a tweet, he told her he "did that on purpose so I could say just exactly what I said, and so Iapologize for using innuendo."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/Howard-Dean-Apologizes-Cocaine/2016/09/30/id/751064/#ixzz4Ll1MKV2T