Author Topic: Figurin' it out  (Read 2915 times)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
Figurin' it out
« on: December 17, 2016, 01:11:36 PM »
Just thought it'd be interesting to keep tabs on how the Trump Family administration will be figuring things out. They are certainly doing things their own way.

Inspired by Ivanka's recent charity lobby luncheon. No one involved realized it would be a bad idea and when it was finally pulled, Eric released a statement that the only real losers were the children's hospital the charity was supposed to support.  ::)

They are trying to figure out a way to get around nepotism laws so that Ivanka (at least, her husband, probably) can be a part of the administration.   

I know Trump supporters don't see any possible dodginess here, but the cash grabs and conflicts of interest that aren't event theoretical are just laughable. 

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Figurin' it out
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 01:16:07 PM »
Just thought it'd be interesting to keep tabs on how the Trump Family administration will be figuring things out. They are certainly doing things their own way.

Inspired by Ivanka's recent charity lobby luncheon. No one involved realized it would be a bad idea and when it was finally pulled, Eric released a statement that the only real losers were the children's hospital the charity was supposed to support.  ::)

They are trying to figure out a way to get around nepotism laws so that Ivanka (at least, her husband, probably) can be a part of the administration.   

I know Trump supporters don't see any possible dodginess here, but the cash grabs and conflicts of interest that aren't event theoretical are just laughable. 

Are these cash grabs anything like the Clinton Foundation?

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 01:21:04 PM »
Do the cash grabs involve toppling countries and putting stinger missiles into the hands of ISIS and Al-Qaeda?
a

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 01:33:12 PM »
Are these cash grabs anything like the Clinton Foundation?

Didn't his charity admit to self-enrichment on their taxes?  ::)

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 01:33:53 PM »
Do the cash grabs involve toppling countries and putting stinger missiles into the hands of ISIS and Al-Qaeda?

Wikileaks confirms Hillary armed Isis    ::) 

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2016, 11:13:35 AM »
Trump's sons heading up a week old "non-profit" called Opening Day 2017 in which they are auctioning off access to the president for up to a million dollars. I guess they learned their lesson from the Ivanka Lobby date. One of the main differences between a political committee and a non-profit is that the legal standard for transparency is a lot more favorable so they won' t have to release any of the names of people who buy access. Even though Eric and Donald Jr. are on the board of the week-old charity, they have been unwilling to confirm or deny whether or not they're involved.

TMZ first reported on this and said that all net profits would be donated to a conservation charity. First of all, non-profits can report  their net profits in creative ways. NO JOKE: IKEA, one of the largest companies in the world, is structured as a non-profit. They haven't clarified any of the details like how net profits will be calculated or what charities will get whatever "profits" they decide are appropriate. Secondly, the organizer of the event has said that TMZ's assessment of the event was inaccurate. I'm betting that the inaccuracy is either in the type of "charity" they've earmarked or that they are only going to a claim a portion of proceeds goes to charity.

This looks like it's going to be Trump's version of lobbying: access to him to fund his "outside political superstructure" (aka his attack dogs).

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2016, 11:44:09 AM »
So what?  Trump ran his first ever presidential campaign, for a fraction of the money politicians normally spend, and won the presidential election, against all odds, all by "Figurin' it out."

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2016, 02:09:30 PM »
Excuse me. Did someone say "outside political structure"?

;)
a

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2016, 09:29:52 PM »
This where Al Doggity and the rest of the left on here will keep grasping at straws for the next 4-8 years and when something doesn't go Trumps way (and it will happen) you can bet your ass these clowns will think they have their "ah ha" moment.

SaintAnger

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 03:12:14 AM »
Trump doesn't have the 20+ years of political machine and the PRESS love to back up their corruption.  Nor the mass populace.  Nor have they even proven themselves.

Shit, Trump isn't even in office yet and the press fucking HATES his ass.  It's going to be Nixon on steroids.

muscleman-2013

• Getbig V
  • Team Trump
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2016, 03:18:03 AM »
Trump doesn't have the 20+ years of political machine and the PRESS love to back up their corruption.  Nor the mass populace.  Nor have they even proven themselves.

Shit, Trump isn't even in office yet and the press fucking HATES his ass.  It's going to be Nixon on steroids.

Hey stupid.  In case you missed the last 18 months....

Nobody fukking cares about your leftard "press" anymore.
Ψ

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2016, 04:16:57 AM »

Hope he revokes all of their privileges
a

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2016, 02:45:21 PM »
Not that I agree with any of the conflicts of interest that have or may arise. I think that leading the country should be the only thing he and anyone in his admin does.

Its funny that you like to point out hypocrisy in others but not in yourself or those you support. You know good ole bill has taken like $15mm in tax payer money to pay staffers for him and the clinton foundation right?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2016, 04:12:43 PM »
Not that I agree with any of the conflicts of interest that have or may arise. I think that leading the country should be the only thing he and anyone in his admin does.

Its funny that you like to point out hypocrisy in others but not in yourself or those you support. You know good ole bill has taken like $15mm in tax payer money to pay staffers for him and the clinton foundation right?

I agree. But hey, they don't call him Slick Willy for nothing  ;D

Trump will need to play it low key and crafty or he'll get railroaded for some technical conflict of interest charge.
It's always the mundane , basic stuff that gets them in the end.

For example, ol' Al Capone was busted and locked up for tax evasion!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2016, 04:29:29 PM »

Didn't his charity admit to self-enrichment on their taxes?  ::)

YES

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2016, 04:32:22 PM »

Good point, but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about...Cinton is not president any more...and while I really want Donald to succeed you can't look away from all of the major conflicts of interest that are happening already.   The President of the U.S. must be beyond reproach. which is why he needs to release his tax returns...without doing that, he could be subject to being enriched, bribed or even blackmailed

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2016, 06:31:35 PM »
Good point, but that has nothing to do with what we are talking about...Cinton is not president any more...and while I really want Donald to succeed you can't look away from all of the major conflicts of interest that are happening already.   The President of the U.S. must be beyond reproach. which is why he needs to release his tax returns...without doing that, he could be subject to being enriched, bribed or even blackmailed
Meh, I could care less about his tax returns. The only reason people want to see that is to see what his tax rate was. Personally I couldn't give two shits, if he isn't breaking the law and is using every trick in the book to lower his taxes who cares. You and I would and do the exact same thing. If you don't like it advocate changing the tax code.

Oh but it has everything to do with what we are talking about andre. You see I heard nothing from Al, you or your fellow dems about hillarys conflicts of interest. How about the hypocrisy of the clintons making millions and taking $15mm in taxpayer funds to help pay for equipment and labor for their foundation? How about sanders complaining about the rich while buying a second house for $650K?

If you didn't have any issues with those conflicts of interest why do you have issues with these?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 04:12:48 PM »
Meh, I could care less about his tax returns. The only reason people want to see that is to see what his tax rate was. Personally I couldn't give two shits, if he isn't breaking the law and is using every trick in the book to lower his taxes who cares. You and I would and do the exact same thing. If you don't like it advocate changing the tax code.

Oh but it has everything to do with what we are talking about andre. You see I heard nothing from Al, you or your fellow dems about hillarys conflicts of interest. How about the hypocrisy of the clintons making millions and taking $15mm in taxpayer funds to help pay for equipment and labor for their foundation? How about sanders complaining about the rich while buying a second house for $650K?

If you didn't have any issues with those conflicts of interest why do you have issues with these?

okay....fair and gave a lot to enough...HOWVER...Clinto n has been much more open about her finances........what exactly do we know about Trump's???..The Clintons paid a lot in taxes....gave a lot to charity.....at least they were open....Still waiting to see Trump's finances to see if there is any conflicts of interests.....I would want to know if there was any if a guy is representing me....

Also in terms of Bernie's house...a $650, 000 house is nothing in terms of cost compared to the homes that the well-off buy.....that's the going rate for a house here in NY...I'm sure he didn't pay cash.....he's paying it off over 30 years like every other working slob

Nick Danger

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2016, 05:00:16 PM »

It's not about his tax rate at all. It's about who he owes.
IMO that is where major conflict of interest could come in to play.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 05:05:43 PM »
It's not about his tax rate at all. It's about who he owes.
IMO that is where major conflict of interest could come in to play.
You don't get that from income tax, you get it from a balance sheet and it would be his companies balance sheets not his personal one. Again I think he should disengage from all business activity except leading this country but that has nothing to do with his income tax.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2016, 08:36:32 PM »
Haven't been keeping up with this thread. My part time hobby of having a life has gotten in the way. In recent news, gargoyle scion Eric Trump  suspended his charity operations Trumplethinskin hysterically tweeted that it was a shame that his son had to shut down the charity, even though many questioned why Trump Jr was shutting down the foundation. The way he was operating the charity was unseemly, but countless people pointed out that there were countless ways to leave the charity operating while also avoiding the appearance of impropriety. Most first ladies are involved with multiple charities, so there is no reason an adult first son shouldn't be able to operate a charity without hustling out access to his sister or father.  Meanwhile, it turns out the charity was flouting all sorts of ethical standards. The board was stacked with Trump family cronies and payments repeatedly went to Trump family businesses, despite the fact that Eric repeatedly claimed part of the reason his fundraisers were so successful is because he didn't have to pay for those services. It frequently failed to report those payments to the IRS.