Author Topic: Christmas gifts...???  (Read 2445 times)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Christmas gifts...???
« on: December 03, 2006, 09:43:35 AM »
So what is everyone giving this year...

I mean to immediate family like parents, siblings, spouses, significant others, kids...etc.

I need some ideas for the inlaws.  They are spending Christmas here with Bob and I and won't be leaving until after the baby is born.  We don't want to get them gift cert. because they will actually be opening presents with us....how corny would that be. 

(i forgot i'm signed in as Bob, its me (tasha) mods)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
Re: Christmas gifts...???
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 09:46:52 AM »
no friends, no family to speak of = no presents.  I love Christmas.  Sorted.

There's a lovely handicrafts article in todays Times.  It's about how to make pompoms.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 09:56:28 AM »
mini mirrored disco balls?  that's all I've bought so far this year.  They work as fab earrings...

one of the best present giving ideas i saw was done by a woman from Italy.  She arrived and threw little bottles of lavender oil at everyone (to calm us down?

xL

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 11:37:35 PM »
Tasha, ...I haven't really decided on what to get everybody, ...but I know what I'm getting xxxLinda...

RITALIN  ...a 4 yr supply.

And I'm taking volunteers who'll help to hold her down, while I force feed her the whole 4 yr. supply at once.  ;)
w

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2006, 07:44:39 AM »
Tasha, ...I haven't really decided on what to get everybody, ...but I know what I'm getting xxxLinda...

RITALIN  ...a 4 yr supply.

And I'm taking volunteers who'll help to hold her down, while I force feed her the whole 4 yr. supply at once.  ;)

I was thinking a straight jacket and a padded room to throw herself around in might be nice. 

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 08:00:47 AM »

I mean to immediate family like parents, siblings, spouses, significant others, kids...etc.

I need some ideas for the inlaws.  They are spending Christmas here with Bob and I and won't be leaving until after the baby is born.  We don't want to get them gift cert. because they will actually be opening presents with us....how corny would that be. 

Actually Tasha,

I always give the gift card thing, I just don't know what to get anybody anymore.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I always worry about buying somebody something that they are going to think is really dumb and lock away in a closet to be found by some archaeologist 5000 years later. (except for the kids).

The kids I always give cold hard cash.  I am so out of touch with the newest and coolest toys, but money always seems to be a good thing for them.

We always get together and do the gift opening together and the gift cards don't seem any cornier then anything else.  Except anything named Ronco, now that is total corn.

P.S. Anybody ever give away a George Foreman grill? Those things make me laugh.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2006, 11:18:22 AM »
Actually Tasha,

I always give the gift card thing, I just don't know what to get anybody anymore.  I don't know about the rest of you, but I always worry about buying somebody something that they are going to think is really dumb and lock away in a closet to be found by some archaeologist 5000 years later. (except for the kids).

The kids I always give cold hard cash.  I am so out of touch with the newest and coolest toys, but money always seems to be a good thing for them.

We always get together and do the gift opening together and the gift cards don't seem any cornier then anything else.  Except anything named Ronco, now that is total corn.

P.S. Anybody ever give away a George Foreman grill? Those things make me laugh.

i agree...we are doing the gift card thing for everyone else.  the only reason I want gifts for the parents is because they will be actually opening gifts with Bob and I.  I don't want to seem prude with all the wrapped gifts under the tree for us and then handing them two envelops.  All of our families are on the east coast...so we are super excited that they are coming to be with us, I just want gifts for them to open.  Maybe I am just be too "mommy-like".

They are coming to help with the baby, and will be here for a long time.  My mom-in-law is showing me the ropes with Italian cooking, and taking a huge load off of me by helping out...I really want to make this Christmas special for them as a thank you as well.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2006, 11:37:57 AM »

bob is pretending to be the wifey to ost here..for shame...anyhow.. :P

http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/index.jhtml?cm_ven=adwords&cm_cat=Media&cm_pla=brand&cm_ite=sharper_image

i LOVE the sharper image...there is a store close to where i love and when ever i tae my sis shopping i just stay  in there and play with stuff....i'm willing to bet you'll find something there...

carpe` vaginum!

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 09:11:35 PM »
I'm off the hook this year because my wife said "no jewelry" (that doesn't mean she's not getting anything though).

Alex Velickovic

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 09:50:07 PM »
How bout a framed pic from the baby's first pic - ultrasound?

proschic

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 09:59:03 PM »
How bout a framed pic from the baby's first pic - ultrasound?

i screwed myself with that one already...thats how we told them i was pregnant.  plus we've sent ALL of the ultrasound pics that we've gotten.  they have an album already!!

i found some grandma/grandpa christmas ornaments for next year...thats one thing.  i need more stuff!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 11:21:20 PM »
Nothing!  The wife and I don't exchange gifts.  The kids get them all.  Each one of them gets to make a "wish list" and they almost always get everything on their list.  Spoiled brats. 

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 04:27:00 PM »
getting my boo a new cofee maker (that was requested) my kid gets a gift card, parents get cash, I just want a gift card from costco.