Author Topic: I have taken my last drink for the next 4 days. This is my road to semi sobriety  (Read 28236 times)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
this.

hes still rationalizing use.... if he truly has a problem hes nowhere near ready to quit. He has a lot of failures in front of him until everyone stips caring and he figures out he really needs help.
Bingo....spot on bud.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
shizzo needs to SHUT THE FUCK UP and take this to heart, meditate on it. Just tough love man, I want nothing but positivity for you.
I am going to prove you wrong. As I said before, I will let you know when I am done with the bottle I bought today. Then I will go a week without drinking.

It will all end in me becoming a purely social drinker. It is a novel concept.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Bingo....spot on bud.
I applaud you for not drinking at all, but that is not the only solution out there.

Don't knock others for trying another method.

Besides, you are not Mr. clean as a whistle either.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
You are right, if it is abused. Alcohol once or twice a month at a party, or watching a UFC is completely fine and normal.  That is my goal.

I have clearly stated that. I will prove it to you guys.
youre literally arguing with strangers on why its ok for you to drink.

we dont care. Either be sober or dont. But dont ask us to validate your bullshit ideas, because we know better. Find someone else to tell you youll be ok, and that youre not that bad, and that you can drink a little and be ok. Well see you in 2 months when you do this all over again.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You are right, if it is abused. Alcohol once or twice a month at a party, or watching a UFC is completely fine and normal.  That is my goal.

I have clearly stated that. I will prove it to you guys.
If in fact you are an alcoholic,which seems to be the case since you drink daily,there is no social drinking for you Shizz....maybe at first,but sooner than later,you`ll be back to drinking daily again.

Can`t you deal with reality?

I never could,so I self medicated with booze and drugs,but the reality was that I was just temporarily escaping my problems and responsibilities,and in more cases than not,my addictions created more problems for me.

Good luck trying to drink socially,because you`ll need it.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats

you're a fucking dickhead.

I empathize with you though. 4 days in with cravings setting in, has to fuck with your head. Hopefully your experiment goes right, and if it doesn't i hope you learn from your mistake.
follow the arrows

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I applaud you for not drinking at all, but that is not the only solution out there.

Don't knock others for trying another method.

Dude,I never said I was and will be the first to admit that I`m not.

Just trying to help you out,do what you want.

Good luck........sincerely.

I`m out.

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
shizzo do you just drink by yourself at home?

Cheap vodka?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
youre literally arguing with strangers on why its ok for you to drink.

we dont care. Either be sober or dont. But dont ask us to validate your bullshit ideas, because we know better. Find someone else to tell you youll be ok, and that youre not that bad, and that you can drink a little and be ok. Well see you in 2 months when you do this all over again.
There is a DIFFERENCE you can't see that? Are you telling me if I went from drinking everyday for years, to drinking like an average person, that you would consider that a failure?

There is a difference between an alcoholic and a social drinker. What will you tell me if I say: "Hey guys only drank twice this month." Will you call me a failure then?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
There is a DIFFERENCE you can't see that? Are you telling me if I went from drinking everyday for years, to drinking like an average person, that you would consider that a failure?

There is a difference between an alcoholic and a social drinker. What will you tell me if I say: "Hey guys only drank twice this month." Will you call me a failure then?
youre arguing with a complete stranger on the internet trying to get him to validate your opinion on why youre different and youre not an alcoholic.

think about that for a minute.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
you're a fucking dickhead.

I empathize with you though. 4 days in with cravings setting in, has to fuck with your head. Hopefully your experiment goes right, and if it doesn't i hope you learn from your mistake.
I would have started earlier to be honest. I was scared to death of the withdrawls I was hearing so much about.  I literally felt nothing in those 4 days without a drink. Maybe I was lucky.

I want to document this. If I fail, then I will tell you guys.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
which brings into question why you are choosing to drink if you are not feeling anything? makes zero sense.
follow the arrows

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
youre arguing with a complete stranger on the internet rying to get him to validate your opinion on why youre different and youre not an alcoholic.
No I am not. I am trying to have a discussion with you. Wouldn't I be talking to complete strangers if I went to rehab?  I am not saying that I am not an alcoholic. I am saying that I can beat this my way.

This isn't a pissing contest.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
I would have started earlier to be honest. I was scared to death of the withdrawls I was hearing so much about.  I literally felt nothing in those 4 days without a drink. Maybe I was lucky.

document what? Being the 100 millionth person to try and convince others that he can really drink in moderation? To be the 100 millionth person to think hes different, that he really cab learn to control his drinking?

Newsflash - people that dont have problems just drink within reason. They dont have to struggle to control it. They're not on the internet trying to convince others that he 'really can moderate his drinking'.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
No I am not. I am trying to have a discussion with you. Wouldn't I be talking to complete strangers if I went to rehab?  I am not saying that I am not an alcoholic. I am saying that I can beat this my way.

This isn't a pissing contest.
lol, yeah, im sure no one else has ever tried 'your way'.

Weve all tried it your way.

see you in a couple months. Im out.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
which brings into question why you are choosing to drink if you are not feeling anything? makes zero sense.
Ah good point. I felt cravings. I was talking more about the extreme sickness, seizures, and death that other people associate with withdrawls.

Make no mistake Haider, I had the most serious cravings on the 4th day. Maybe I did cave in and try to rationalize it. I will try to go a full week this time ( I will give you the exact time that I start) and we will all see the results.

If I can go from 4 days to a week, then I know it can really work.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior

Listen carefully.

You have already failed.

Look at where you were 4 days ago. The fact you have no physical withdrawal issues is irrelevant. After only 4 days your need became so great you went and got a bottle of Vodka, convincing yourself that you will stop again after consuming it.

That is addiction personified.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Listen carefully.

You have already failed.

Look at where you were 4 days ago. The fact you have no physical withdrawal issues is irrelevant. After only 4 days your need became so great you went and got a bottle of Vodka, convincing yourself that you will stop again after consuming it.

That is addiction personified.
Possibly. Then again, people on Getbig have suggested that I slowly ween myself off of alcohol as well.

So I have people telling me: "Do it cold turkey forever. Pussy." Then others saying: "Cold turkey is the worst thing you can do!"

We will find out soon enough. If I make it a full week, then progress has been made.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Just so you know, no one is picking on you. Youre just another in a long line of 'im different I can do this' delusionites that weve all seen a million times before. Each one thinking he was special and that he would succeed where every other addict has failed.

go ahead, try. And try again. And again, and eventually, youll figure out that youre not special, youre not different. Youre just another one trying to have his cake and eat it to.

as I said before, either be sober or dont.

we dont care. But dont expect us to cheer you on when youre literallt going nowhere.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
Just so you know, no one is picking on you. Youre just another in a long line of 'im different I can do this' delusionites that weve all seen a million times before. Each one thinking he was special and that he would succeed where every other addict has failed.

go ahead, try. And try again. And again, and eventually, youll figure out that youre not special, youre not different. Youre just another one trying to have his cake and eat it to.

as I said before, either be sober or dont.

we dont care. But dont expect us to cheer you on when youre literallt going nowhere.
If the shoe was on the other foot, I would be supporting you. I appreciate realistic viewpoints, but it almost seems like you are wishing me to fail.

It is not a contest. If you do not care, then stop posting in this thread.

However, I would appreciate your advice. You have been there. Have an open mind.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
If the shoe was on the other foot, I would be supporting you. I appreciate realistic viewpoints, but it almost seems like you are wishing me to fail.

It is not a contest. If you do not care, then stop posting in this thread.

However, I would appreciate your advice. You have been there. Have an open mind.
You dont get it. Weve (I'VE) tried giving you advice. I have been there so I KNOW exactly what youre doing even if you dont yet.

Youre brushing off everyone whos trying to help you, all of us thay HAVE experience, because you think you know better. So whatever, do it your way. Im positive none of us had ever thought about 'just doing it in moderation'.

im not going to waste my time trying to help someone who doesnt want to be helped, so im not. Have fun.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
You dont get it. Weve (I'VE) tried giving you advice. I have been there so I KNOW exactly what youre doing even if you dont yet.

Youre brushing off everyone whos trying to help you, all of us thay HAVE experience, because you think you know better. So whatever, do it your way. Im positive none of us had ever thought about 'just doing it in moderation'.

im not going to waste my time trying to help someone who doesnt want to be helped, so im not. Have fun.
How am I brushing people off? I am saying to keep an open mind about alternatives.

You need a reality check. Advice should be taken as a collective. You sound like that I should drop everything and listen 100% to you. You are coming across as conceited. This is the only substance problem I have ever dealt with in my life.

I have never smoked cigs, weed, done drugs, or taken steroids. Why should I listen to you?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
How am I brushing people off? I am saying to keep an open mind about alternatives.

You need a reality check. Advice should be taken as a collective. You sound like that I should drop everything and listen 100% to you. You are coming across as conceited. This is the only substance problem I have ever dealt with in my life.

I have never smoked cigs, weed, done drugs, or taken steroids. Why should I listen to you?
As I said, do whatever you like. Im not going to tell you wjay you want to hear.

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
Possibly. Then again, people on Getbig have suggested that I slowly ween myself off of alcohol as well.

So I have people telling me: "Do it cold turkey forever. Pussy." Then others saying: "Cold turkey is the worst thing you can do!"

We will find out soon enough. If I make it a full week, then progress has been made.

You are not that bad that you need to be weaned off booze.

I knew a guy that was bedridden - he'd call the security guards in the condo to get a bottle of Vodka each AM and it was gone by lunchtime. He was bedridden through alcohol, yet could not stop. He was waaaaaaaaay further gone that you and most likely cutting cold turkey would have killed him. In the end, he died of liver failure.

You have nothing to find out. You do not understand the subtle nature of addiction. Addiction is not withdrawal - that is one of the side effects. Addiction is that little monkey on your back telling you that you really can be a social drinker and so it's OK to get a bottle of Vodka on the way home.

How many of your friends, family and colleagues do you think got a bottle of Vodka on the way home? How many of them spent time even thinking about their drinking and justifying it to themselves?  How many people that you know drove home with a bottle of Vodka on the seat rationalizing that they were not an alcoholic but an out of control social drinker?

And how many of them just drove home without the subject of alcohol popping into their heads at all? How many of them drove home thinking about dinner, bedtime story with the kids, the movie they were going to watch?

Alcohol is a major part of your life and something that is on your mind because of that monkey on your back. Addiction is NOT lying in a gutter for most people. Addiction is like a mild itch. It can be ignored for ages, it could be ignored forever but it's just easier to give it a little scratch.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
As I said, do whatever you like. Im not going to tell you wjay you want to hear.
Which is exactly why I need you here.