Author Topic: Abolish the BCS - now  (Read 10099 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Abolish the BCS - now
« on: November 30, 2008, 01:36:06 PM »

Oklahoma and Missouri are playing for the Big 12 title and Texas beat them both.

Fuck this shit.   >:(

Signed,
Pissed off Longhorn Fan

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Abolish the BCS - now
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2008, 01:40:08 PM »
Oklahoma and Missouri are playing for the Big 12 title and Texas beat them both.

Signed,
Pissed off Longhorn Fan

Don't worry Tre.  It just saved your Longhorns from getting the shit kicked out of them by Florida.  ;D

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 01:44:52 PM »
Don't worry Tre.  It just saved your Longhorns from getting the shit kicked out of them by Florida.  ;D

I know, I know...although the Big 12 made a bigtime comeback this season, there's still no way Texas can compete with an Alabama or Florida, although I think UT-Florida would be a fun game to watch. 

I think America wants OU-Alabama, though.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2008, 01:45:41 PM »
not bb related
mods move this shit

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 02:42:32 PM »
not bb related
mods move this shit

Eat shit, queef.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 02:43:49 PM »
I know, I know...although the Big 12 made a bigtime comeback this season, there's still no way Texas can compete with an Alabama or Florida, although I think UT-Florida would be a fun game to watch. 

I think Texas or Oklahoma would give Bama or Fla a decent game.  I just don't think they play enough defense to beat either of them.  Big12 was a lot of fun to watch this year.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 02:50:45 PM »
not bb related
mods move this shit

Bodybuilders love real sports, too.

So shut up, your queerness.

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 02:51:19 PM »
Eat shit, queef.

i think new york is pretty good this year but washington is even better

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 02:52:15 PM »
i think new york is pretty good this year but washington is even better

I think todays score would say otherwise... 8)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 02:53:26 PM »

Signed,
Pissed off Longhorn Fan
unfortunately Mizzou is the best the Big 12 north has to offer and i truly believe OU is teh best team in the big 12, the only reason Texas beat them in Dallas earlier this year is because Shipley got lucky on that runback, OU would demolish texas if they played today.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2008, 02:58:40 PM »

actually...it would be a terrible matchup.  who's the african dude for RB at TX?  FL or AL would keep TX in 3rd and long all night.  He couldnt run those traps/draws against those quick defenses.  On the other hand OK has a serious AllAmer at HB who can run split or I and is dangerous on short passes.  could give FL or Bama fits if he is on and they control the line.  Bama can be had.  As noted...their Off can go cold easy.  Pay no attention to the Auburn game.  A good team, mid level SEC can hold them to under 20 in which if OK coach could find his brain during the game OK could beat Bama, would get just killed by FL.
Oh...Monica!

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2008, 03:00:54 PM »
actually...it would be a terrible matchup.  who's the african dude for RB at TX?  FL or AL would keep TX in 3rd and long all night.  He couldnt run those traps/draws against those quick defenses.  On the other hand OK has a serious AllAmer at HB.  could give FL or Bama fits if he is on and they control the line.  Bama can be had.  As noted...their Off can go cold easy.  Pay no attention to the Auburn game.  A good team, mid level SEC can hold them to under 20 in which if OK coach could find his brain during the game OK could beat Bama, would get just killed by FL.
Ogbannaya is the Texas RB, they've got some other guys on that offesne too, Quan Cosby, Jordan Shipley, Colt McCoy, Vondrell McGee and a decent defense but i agree with the statement that they couldn't hang with Florida, OU is the only team in the Big 12 who could hang with Florida.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2008, 03:01:53 PM »
I think Texas or Oklahoma would give Bama or Fla a decent game.  I just don't think they play enough defense to beat either of them.  Big12 was a lot of fun to watch this year.

I think OU, Texas, Florida, Bama and USC are all in the conversation as teams that could contend for the national title.  In the end, I think the SEC champion will emerge as the national champion.  Too much speed!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 03:02:36 PM »
Ogbannaya is the Texas RB, they've got some other guys on that offesne too, Quan Cosby, Jordan Shipley, Colt McCoy, Vondrell McGee and a decent defense but i agree with the statement that they couldn't hang with Florida, OU is the only team in the Big 12 who could hang with Florida.

And Texas beat OU on a neutral field.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 03:03:40 PM »
I think OU, Texas, Florida, Bama and USC are all in the conversation as teams that could contend for the national title.  In the end, I think the SEC champion will emerge as the national champion.  Too much speed!

I agree.  Crazy that if USC hadn't stumbled, they would most likely be playing the winner of the SEC championship and all the Big12 teams would be left out...

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 03:03:46 PM »
And Texas beat OU on a neutral field.
that was a fluke, if OU and Texas played again OU would DESTROY Texas, especially in Norman.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 03:05:05 PM »
I agree.  Crazy that if USC hadn't stumbled, they would most likely be playing the winner of the SEC championship and all the Big12 teams would be left out...

Just proves what a load of BS the BcS is!

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 03:05:50 PM »
that was a fluke, if OU and Texas played again OU would DESTROY Texas, especially in Norman.

Pure speculation, there's no way to know for sure.  Texas won when it mattered.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 03:06:10 PM »
Just proves what a load of BS the BcS is!
how do you explain USC losing to Oregon State and then Oregon State losing to a piss ant Big 10 team like Penn State then?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 03:06:59 PM »
Pure speculation, there's no way to know for sure.  Texas won when it mattered.
yeah and the BCS saw through that "win" and awarded OU the Big 12 championship game, the BCS is the fairest method to do it right now.

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2008, 03:09:40 PM »

ill match with USC vs SEC champ....just think Sanchez can be had with pressure, had some bad games against weak Baby 10 teams plus USC defense hasnt had to deal w/guys hitting the corners on them and going all the way ala FL teams.  Think USC has more pure talent...but FL has speed all over the board.  OK is the best bet if FL trips against Bama.  

Upset Special

OK 30 Bama 21 if FL gets stupid.
Oh...Monica!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
yeah and the BCS saw through that "win" and awarded OU the Big 12 championship game, the BCS is the fairest method to do it right now.

Crack baby!  >:(

Texas beat both the teams that are playing for the league title.  How is that fair, mate?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2008, 03:11:07 PM »
ill match with USC vs SEC champ....just think Sanchez can be had with pressure, had some bad games against weak Baby 10 teams plus USC defense hasnt had to deal w/guys hitting the corners on them and going all the way ala FL teams.  Think USC has more pure talent...but FL has speed all over the board.  OK is the best bet if FL trips against Bama.  

Upset Special

OK 30 Bama 21 if FL gets stupid.
Bama won't beat Florida no way, no how, they don't have anywhere near enough offense, it will be Florida/Oklahoma for the nat. championship.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2008, 03:12:02 PM »

You're a tireless dunce.  Texas lost one game on the last play of that game...an away game to boot.  OU got beat in Dallas by 10 points by Texas.  

This situation just shows how FLAWED the system truly is.  There should be a seeding process in setting conference title games...or there's really no point in having a conference title game when the BIG 10 and the PAC 10 do not.  Mizzou should not be in any BCS conversation.  

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2008, 03:13:19 PM »
Crack baby!  >:(

Texas beat both the teams that are playing for the league title.  How is that fair, mate?
it comes down to THE WAY Texas won vs. the way OU won this year, Texas got lucky and beat OU by 10 but OU hung with them for the majority of the game, Texas Tech beat Texas and OU FUCCKING OBLITERATED Texas Tech, OU destroyed OK State last night and Texas barely beat them, that's why.