Author Topic: Suicide by cops? Body cam video  (Read 5573 times)

Knooger

• Getbig V
Re: Suicide by cops? Body cam video
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2014, 11:40:54 AM »
Lolwat....

You can always tell the armchair quarterbacks that have no training/have no firearm experience when they talk about shooting guys in the leg or the arm or something...

you aim center mass in 99% of situations (except failure drills, 2 to center mass 1 in the groin/head)..

Its super difficult to hit a target in a limb intentionally..... especially if hes moving.

Exactly. There are some dumb motherfuckers here. You got a guy coming at you with a knife but you will attempt to aim at his kneecap. Right.

Uncle Junior

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 11:40:56 AM »
On Justified, that cop with the cowboy hat can shoot the gun out of people's hands.

In real life, even if you shoot a guy center mass, if he's high, angry or just really focused, he can usually get a shot or two off before he falls or runs.  My brother shot a guy in the mid-torso with a .45 - the dude spun around and jumped back over the counter and ran out the door (kept his gun in hand the whole time), managed to steal a car and drive 3 hours to miami with a bullet lodged in his spine.  Got surgery there.  

So yeah, IF IF IF a cop is justified to shoot, it's going to be 3-5 hollow points, center mass.  And cops only carry .40 cal round here.  They carry 9mm (a tad smaller) in other parts.

Where was the gun in this situation? If they guy had a gun it would be totally different. He had a knife, that's all.

No imminent threat to the cop WHO HAD the gun

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 11:42:08 AM »

Where was the gun in this situation? If they guy had a gun it would be totally different. He had a knife, that's all.

You know what the imminent threat is...

People like you to sanity.
$

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2014, 11:44:30 AM »

Cheesy production aside, the Tueller drill is still the proper thinking for such matters-

These little benign things can turn nasty quick -

Uncle Junior

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2014, 11:44:58 AM »

You know what is REALLY clear...

Your an idiot.

You are entitled to your opinion, I assessed the situation based on what I saw in the video and my view is that the cops actions were wholly unjustified.

Off course this is Get Big, you don't agree with someone's point of view just insult them and call them an idiot. I get it.

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 11:46:17 AM »

You are entitled to your opinion, I assessed the situation based on what I saw in the video and my view is that the cops actions were wholly unjustified.

Off course this is Get Big, you don't agree with someone's point of view just insult them and call them an idiot. I get it.

No, that's not it...

Your just an idiot.
$

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 11:47:17 AM »

Inside 21 feet, a dude with a knife can kill.  Even if you pop him a few times in the body, he can still lunge and get that knife in before he expires/falls.  head shots are pretty hard.  hand shots are VERY hard.

PLUS, we're overlooking the fact that body shots stop the bullet from moving.  Hand shots mean that bullet keeps flying to hit someone else.  You hit them in the pizza box and the bullet mushrooms and stays in them.  Doesn't punch thru and hit someone else.  Hit them in the arm and the old lady buying laxatives in line behind him gets hit in the back fat.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 11:48:40 AM »
And here's today's daily GB cop-bashing thread. Have at it boys.

Why can't these cops just shoot guns, knives, etc., out of people's hands, like on TV and in the movies? That way nobody gets hurt.

Officer Coocoo. How nice of you to show up. I'm glad to see the donut shop has wifi.
a

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 11:55:39 AM »

Uncle Junior

« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 11:58:11 AM »
Inside 21 feet, a dude with a knife can kill.  Even if you pop him a few times in the body, he can still lunge and get that knife in before he expires/falls.  head shots are pretty hard.  hand shots are VERY hard.

PLUS, we're overlooking the fact that body shots stop the bullet from moving.  Hand shots mean that bullet keeps flying to hit someone else.  You hit them in the pizza box and the bullet mushrooms and stays in them.  Doesn't punch thru and hit someone else.  Hit them in the arm and the old lady buying laxatives in line behind him gets hit in the back fat.

I can see your point of view, I don't think any two situations are the same, I feel in this specific situation the cops actions were unjustified for the following reasons.

a) The history of the situation.

This is not some random situation, this is a domestic situation that revolves around some kinda car accident. The lady in question in the video explains to the cop that the guy is pissed and has knifes and is "probably suicidal", that's the key here.

The cop ask's if there is a way round to the back of the house.

This is a psychiatric situation.

Look at the demeanor and stature of the guy, looks like a kid to me, he is walking towards the cop very very slowly, kinda like he wants him to shoot him.

He doesn't make any sudden movements.

The cop could have easily backed up from that situation and called for help.

Why does he need to fire 4-5 shots and shoot to kill?

I am not remotely satisfied the cop acted professionally or diligently.

That's how I read the situation, that's my take on it.

You guys have right to have different take and opinion on it but quit being childish with the personal insults, not that I care but its stupid.

Person insults and exercise and shooting elephants and killing homeless people and guys with knive IS STUPID!

lightweight

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2014, 12:21:03 PM »
I agree with Uncle Junior here.  The guy with the knife was being an idiot but he was barely even moving towards the cop and didn't deserve to die.  Did you guys hear the liquid coming out of the guy after he was shot?  That's some fucked up shit.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2014, 12:24:16 PM »

Your an idiot.

You're

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 12:25:59 PM »
No, that's not it...

Your just an idiot.

"You're"

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 12:26:21 PM »
The cop gave him ample warning, and even looked to have taken a few steps back first.  What's the issue?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 12:29:58 PM »
I agree with Uncle Junior here.  The guy with the knife was being an idiot but he was barely even moving towards the cop and didn't deserve to die.  Did you guys hear the liquid coming out of the guy after he was shot?  That's some fucked up shit.
doesnt matter. Guy had a deadly weapon, was close enough to pose a threat, was clearly showing intent and didnt listen to the warning.

Deadly force was perfectly justified. Period, end of sentence.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 01:19:54 PM »

Deadly force situation -GTFO

That was a joke, guy didn't have a gun, cop is in no danger to get shot at, the guy had a knife, you can't get cut if you are not in range.

He back's up, get's the lady out the way and call's for reinforcement and psychiatric professional to evaluate the situation.

At worse you taser the guy, you don't start blasting like rambo.

a human can travel that distance and stab you in under a second

you know less than nothing

i appreciate you are trolling

but there is trolling and coming across as a complete retard

hope that helps
T

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »
"You're"

Grrrr I do that every damn time!! I'm the idiot damn it.
$

Uncle Junior

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 01:31:37 PM »
a human can travel that distance and stab you in under a second

you know less than nothing

i appreciate you are trolling

but there is trolling and coming across as a complete retard

hope that helps

I honestly am not trolling on this one.

That's my view on it, whatever way you want to look at it is fine but for me it was a needless, tragic loss of life which could have easily been avoided.

I am done on this subject cos it upsets me too much.

I will fucking flip, things like this make me very angry, I just can't handle injustices like this.

Fucking putting down elephants because some fucking asshole tries to drive a car into it, beating a homeless man to death for no reason, killing a kid who has a shitty pen knife and blasting 5 bullets into him, I don't know what fucking world you live but it ain't mine.

Don't worry Karma will deal, whatever injustice you inflict in this life karma will come back and inflict 1000 times more on you in due course. This is a rule you can't change.

I am done.

Don't provocative me anymore tonight.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2014, 01:35:09 PM »
What if you do get him in the leg and he's so full of adrenaline that he keeps on coming and buries that blade in your neck?
O

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 01:43:06 PM »
What if you do get him in the leg and he's so full of adrenaline that he keeps on coming and buries that blade in your neck?

Possibly another member of "Team Common Sense??"

I'm shocked... That's like 5 people who aren't retarded. Wow.
$

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »
in this particular case... use the tazer or beanbag his ass.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 02:32:35 PM »
Uhhh, don't think so. As Shock said: the training is aim center-mass. Keep shooting until subject is down.
Police Departments with 2-8 officers don`t usually follow that protocol.  I read the other day, a few towns over from me, where an officer shot a guy in the hand because the suspect was brandishing a fire poker.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 02:34:43 PM »

Your an idiot.

LOL

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 02:35:42 PM »
No, that's not it...

Your know t an idiot.

I guess we can assume this was not just a one time mistake but clearly someone who doesn't know the difference between your and you're

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2014, 02:36:52 PM »
Grrrr I do that every damn time!! I'm the idiot damn it.

Welcome to several posts ago.
$