Author Topic: Report: one gunman suspected in Colorado shootings  (Read 7572 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Report: one gunman suspected in Colorado shootings
« on: December 11, 2007, 07:22:48 AM »
WASHINGTON, Dec. 10 (Xinhua) -- Two shootings at a Christian missionary center and a church in Colorado Sunday are suspected to have been carried out by a gunman with a hatred for Christians, a TV report said Monday.

Four people were killed and five were injured in the incidents.

Citing sources familiar with the events, a CNN report said that the 24-year-old gunman, Matthew Murray, used to work at the Youth With a Mission training center but left several years ago after a quarrel. Since then, he has sent antagonistic and threatening correspondence to the center.

Early Sunday, Murray killed two staff members and injured two others when he attacked a training center in the Denver suburb of Arvada. He then drove to the New Life church in Colorado Springs, 105 km away, where the center has a satellite office, the sources told CNN.

Murray was shot dead by a female security guard at the church after killing two teenage sisters and injuring three others in the afternoon, the report said.

An unidentified law enforcement official told local media that Murray, a son of a prominent neurologist, was believed to be the gunman in both attacks.

Murray had no criminal history but "hated Christians," he added.

However, police only confirmed that Murray was responsible for the shooting incident at the church, saying they were still investigating whether he was also behind the shooting at the training center.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007-12/11/content_7228810.htm

Five dead in separate Colorado shootings
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/12/10/wcolorado310.xml

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Report: one gunman suspected in Colorado shootings
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 07:27:01 AM »
What stopped the shooter?

An armed citizen.

I bet that woman's family laughed at her for years.. "Why do you need a gun in church?  You're paranoid!"

Well, that one time, she sure as hell needed it.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 07:39:40 AM »
Brave girl, and a good shot too.  How many lives were saved that day thanks to her.

"The shooting at the New Life Church occurred at the end of the 11am service as hundreds of people were milling about and parents were collecting their children from nursery."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 07:52:33 AM »
if there had been a gun ban -

the crazy murderer who posted online about his plans to kill - he probably wouldn't have turned in his gun.

THe brave churchgoer probably would have turned hers in.

Would a gun ban have made that day better or worse?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 07:57:21 AM »
Jeanne Assam, a church member who volunteers as a security guard, shot and killed Murray, who was found with a rifle and two handguns, police said. The pastor called her “a real hero.”

“When the shots were fired, she rushed toward the scene and encountered the attacker there in a hallway. He never got more than 50 feet inside our building,” he said. “There could have been a great loss of life yesterday, and she probably saved over 100 lives.”

Boyd said the gunman had a lot of ammunition and estimated that 40 rounds had been fired inside the church, leaving what looked like a “war scene.”

Jessie Gingrich, who had left New Life and was in the parking lot getting into her car, saw the gunman get a rifle from his trunk and open fire on a van with people inside. Gingrich said she cowered in her vehicle, fumbling with the key.

“I was just expecting for the next gunshot to be coming through my car. Miraculously — by the grace of God — it did not,” she told ABC’s “Good Morning America.”

About 7,000 people were in and around the church the time of the shooting, Boyd said. Security had been beefed up after the shootings hours earlier in Arvada, he said. The church had a total of 15 to 20 volunteer security officers inside at the time of the attack, he said.

Some members of the congregation reacted with compassion and forgiveness, in keeping with their faith.

Ashley Gibbs was getting into a car with David Harris when they heard the gunshots. They stayed in the vehicle.

“It was obvious that he was in some sort of pain and going through a lot,” Gibbs told the TODAY show. “I just prayed God would bring him peace.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22174890/page/2/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 10:26:02 AM »
Sad.  I feel bad for the victims and this kid's parents.  Jeanne Assam is definitely a hero. 

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 02:37:32 PM »
Another white male goes on a killing spree. The only way to be safe is not attend school, mall, work, or church. The only place left to go is the grocery store :-\

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 03:40:26 PM »

I feel bad for the people who think it's necessary to have guns in church.

I may not like or respect religion, but that's fucked up, no matter how you slice it. 

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 03:59:43 PM »
Another white male goes on a killing spree. The only way to be safe is not attend school, mall, work, or church. The only place left to go is the grocery store :-\
Hmmm, two lately and then an Asian male at VaTech.   ::)  Pales in comparison to the rampant and daily gang killings and innocent deaths in the "hood" by people of color.  Yep, we should cage them in the ghetto and never let them drive outside of it.  That would make everything safe. 

Squishy face retard

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 04:24:37 PM »
Hmmm, two lately and then an Asian male at VaTech.   ::)  Pales in comparison to the rampant and daily gang killings and innocent deaths in the "hood" by people of color.  Yep, we should cage them in the ghetto and never let them drive outside of it.  That would make everything safe. 

98% of school, mall, church, and job shootings are by white males. I am really scared of those kind of people.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 05:27:56 PM »
98% of school, mall, church, and job shootings are by white males. I am really scared of those kind of people.
Do you know why these things are televised?  Because they aren't the norm, as opposed to other violence.  It's the same thing when kids kill or when women are violent.  We are shocked because it doesn't happen much.  If the news aired every drive-by, drug deal killing, etc in the hood that's all we'd see on local news.

Are those accurate stats BTW?  Even so, what are the raw numbers of those on a yearly basis? 

If you consider the number of people on color in the hood also "banging" or "dealing" while also on welfare you could consider those killing while at work.
Squishy face retard

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 08:40:28 PM »
I feel bad for the people who think it's necessary to have guns in church.

I may not like or respect religion, but that's fucked up, no matter how you slice it. 

Why?

For some, a church is just a building full of targets.
A lot of people are alive because one woman knew this.

I carry everywhere legal.  The zoo.  Church.  It's crazy 99.99% of the time.  But that .01% of the time, when some nut decides to start capping people, I'll be in a better position to escape or stop him.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 08:49:16 PM »
You're an idiot... Nobody wants to hear your delusional black perfection crap.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 08:55:48 PM »
Hmmm, two lately and then an Asian male at VaTech. 

He was dating a White girl and thought he was White.

Like Paul Mooney, I am AFRAID OF WHITE PEOPLE - y'all gon' kill every damn body!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 10:18:13 PM »
I can't believe the delusional crap I'm hearing... Blacks are less violent than whites... BWHAHAHAHahahhahahaha...  ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 10:36:25 PM »
Here's some facts for disgruntled blacks to think about when saying these crimes are only committed by whites... 
Population in America
White alone: 74.7% or about 215.3 million
Black or African American alone: 12.1% or 35.0 million

Firearm violence for blacks age 12 or older was: 40% higher than the rates for Hispanics, 200% higher than the rates for whites. (Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2006)

oh... ooops ::)  Who should be afraid of who Tre?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 04:47:44 AM »
What stopped the shooter?

An armed citizen.

I bet that woman's family laughed at her for years.. "Why do you need a gun in church?  You're paranoid!"

Well, that one time, she sure as hell needed it.

Not arguing with you, just to clarify that this woman is a 42 year old ex-cop who volunteers as a security guard at her church.  She had the training, but no experience.  This was the first time that she had ever fired her gun at a person.  This mega church has had volunteer security guards who are members of the church.  Not all their security guards are armed, but the ones who are armed used to be or are still in law enforcement.

Having said that, many lives were saved that day thanks to this woman.  She was very brave as she even stood face to face with the gunman, who had much more fire power than she had.  She even told him her name before she shot him dead, before he had a chance shoot her.
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/14817480/detail.html

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 06:59:23 AM »
You're an idiot... Nobody wants to hear your delusional black perfection crap.

Why all the name calling? ???

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 07:04:34 AM »
Why all the name calling? ???
all what name calling?  If you say idiotic things, don't be shocked if someone identifies you as an idiot. Hope that helps :-*

sgt. d

• Getbig V
  • Don't tase me bro
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 07:11:25 AM »
I can't believe the delusional crap I'm hearing... Blacks are less violent than whites... BWHAHAHAHahahhahahaha...  ::)

Here's some facts for disgruntled blacks to think about when saying these crimes are only committed by whites... 
Population in America

Firearm violence for blacks age 12 or older was: 40% higher than the rates for Hispanics, 200% higher than the rates for whites. (Bureau of Justice Statistics, 2006)

Your people have killed thousands of innocent people for hundreds of years just because the color of their skin. I think you need to go read a history book small child. ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2007, 07:25:30 AM »

Your people have killed thousands of innocent people for hundreds of years just because the color of their skin. I think you need to go read a history book small child. ::)

clearly you need to go read a history book... Then maybe you wouldn't be such an idiot :D  To set you straight, MY PEOPLE, have been killing for thousands of years and I hate to burst your sensitive Black Pride, so has your people ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2007, 07:33:50 AM »
Population in America

ooops ;D Sgt d.  other than quoting this and telling me to read a history book, do you have anything valid to bring against these little items :D  If you look at these numbers, how many more black shooters would we be looking at if the population were reversed and whites were only 12%  I mean, isn't it stupid to point out that most of these shooters are white, in a nation that is mostly white... no shit huh...

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2007, 07:52:11 AM »

With the exception of the 'DC Sniper(s)' a few years back, I challenge you to name another shooting spree that involved a Black shoot within the past 10-15 years.  You may reference the individual or the place. 

The fact that anyone thinks it's 'ok' to carry a  firearm to church is just plain nuts. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2007, 08:00:36 AM »
We have had this race discussion before.  It really is stupid to try and label entire races of people as more violent than others.  For example, we don't look at the fact that the overwhelming majority of mass murderers, serial killers, and pedophiles are white and draw conclusions that whites are somehow more dangerous than any other race. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2007, 08:04:21 AM »
With the exception of the 'DC Sniper(s)' a few years back, I challenge you to name another shooting spree that involved a Black shoot within the past 10-15 years.  You may reference the individual or the place. 

The fact that anyone thinks it's 'ok' to carry a  firearm to church is just plain nuts. 

If we're talking about gun violence and we are, you guys win hands down.  Blacks are 200% more likely to shoot someone than whites.  You want a shooting spree, right off the top of my head, one happened last year in Denver.  He was black, shot up a limo killing Derrant Williams without a care in the world who else might get hit inside.  Blacks are responsible for so many drive by shootings it's stupid.  It's laughable you would even task someone on this.  Countless innocent lives have been lost to these crazy idiots firing at will... babies, mothers, and you know it... sorry the truth hurts, but you and Sgt d's notion of some kind of superiortity here is as crap as it gets.