Author Topic: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion  (Read 32898 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Thoughts regarding latest events - Discussion
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2010, 05:14:08 PM »
The novelty of Getbig is the relative lack of censorship. Without it it's not Getbig anymore.  :'(

How are you going to decide when something is entertaining banter and when it's outright hating?

For example, would Milos' bashing of the IFBB and the people in it still be allowed?

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 05:15:22 PM »
The NPC Rules :'(

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2010, 05:16:02 PM »
And that is the opinion of many, which I am not happy about.

Entertaining yes, downright abusive and bullying to drive people away - no.

Not the problem.  But posting about someones family, calling the very organization we all try to build and in our industry a scam, corrupt, and more - well - I don't need that nor want it here. BIG difference. Let Anthony Roberts twist another story.

There are limits to anything.  Try going to calling the NFL, MLB a scam or corrupt, then call the people there and talk about their wives and family. Then expect to be welcome on a football or baseball board.  
Hence that is the difference.  

We live and go to the expos, the contests, talk and actually see various competitors.  It's called 'Don't shit and piss in the place that you live - it smells too much'.  And yes, there is a difference between entertaining, banter and actually things which hurt people.

Now that I agree with you on.  Positive change is great - debate is great - discussion is great.  Talking about someone sleeping with someone else, saying everything is corrupt, a scam, bullshit, talking lies and more.  I don't need it nor care about it. 
Can we still Bash Kamali and Plazmosis?

I mean I wouldn`t have gotten to where I am today without Plazmosis and all.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2010, 05:21:18 PM »
Getbig would be better without the vulgarity

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 05:21:37 PM »

TruthHurts

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 05:24:25 PM »
not that i agree censorship at all in any way but i prefer to read negative stuff about bodybuilding than dumb pics of crappy tattoos, car crashes and silicon tits on the g&o

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 05:24:36 PM »
I think the privilege of being able to post in Timeout without actually being interred there would help things greatly.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 05:27:24 PM »
Not the problem.  But posting about someones family, calling the very organization we all try to build and in our industry a scam, corrupt, and more - well - I don't need that nor want it here. BIG difference. Let Anthony Roberts twist another story.

I agree - families are off-limits, period.  This is non-negotiable.  Unless someone's wife or kid posts on GetBig, leave them out of the discussion.

I don't know Anthony Roberts, but in everything I've ever read of his, it's clear that he has an ax to grind with the NPC.  When I asked 'who the fuck is this guy?', I was told that he doesn't even go to shows, that he's just a guy who's tried to sell himself as a sort of steroid guru or whatever.  

I do, however, know Blockhead.  I see him at no less than 1-2 NPC/IFBB shows per year (never asked whether he snuck in or actually bought a ticket with money he stole from his girlfriend  ;D) and he also preps competitors for NPC events.  Given that he's paying his fair share, as a consumer, he has earned the right to be critical, if he sees fit.  He's deeply embedded in Chicago bodybuilding culture and if he's got first-hand knowledge of sketchy activities, as a responsible citizen, doesn't he have an OBLIGATION to research the story and then report it?

I've been going to NPC/IFBB shows for almost 17 years.  Over that time, I've bought a significant amount worth of tickets and sponsorships.  I'll often shake hands with some of the judges I've known casually for years, but have NO PROBLEM calling them out when I see what looks like a bad judging decision.  And the following year, we do it all over again.  Sometimes, they're right, sometimes I (or the fans) am right.  Neither side is 100% correct every single time and that's the BEAUTY of the judges' relationship with the fans.  

I'm the first to say that the NPC has been very good to me this past decade and I'm happy to have had a tiny, insignificant role in promoting bodybuilding, fitness, and figure, but that doesn't mean the organization is perfect.  Others of you see things that I don't see, but on balance, the NPC does a damn fine job of promoting the physique sports and getting more people involved with healthier lifestyles.  I look at where my life is today vs where I was 18 months ago and I can say to an absolute certainty that I am MUCH healthier today than I was back then and my involvement with bodybuilding has a lot to do with that.  

In conclusion, I would just like to say that GetBig - much like the larger NPC - is a family.  Occasionally, we're going to piss one another off, but at the end of the day, I don't believe that anyone chose GetBig.  GetBig chose each of us.  (no homo)  Whether people stay or move on, however, IS a matter of choice and I'm hoping that you, Ron, will choose to make it easier for everyone to decide to stay by leaving the G&O as it has been for the better part of a decade.

Thanks for listening.

TruthHurts

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 05:29:52 PM »
ffs tre, ron is not a professor. he didn\'t ask you for a doctoral thesis to grade.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2010, 05:31:32 PM »
ffs tre, ron is not a professor. he didn\'t ask you for a doctoral thesis to grade.

;D
E

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »
um

whats the diff between figure and bikini

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 05:34:36 PM »
um

whats the diff between figure and bikini
Penetration?

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 05:34:49 PM »
And that is the opinion of many, which I am not happy about.

Entertaining yes, downright abusive and bullying to drive people away - no.

There are limits to anything.  Try going to calling the NFL, MLB a scam or corrupt, then call the people there and talk about their wives and family. Then expect to be welcome on a football or baseball board.  
Hence that is the difference.  

We live and go to the expos, the contests, talk and actually see various competitors.  It's called 'Don't shit and piss in the place that you live - it smells too much'.  And yes, there is a difference between entertaining, banter and actually things which hurt people.

Now that I agree with you on.  Positive change is great - debate is great - discussion is great.  Talking about someone sleeping with someone else, saying everything is corrupt, a scam, bullshit, talking lies and more.  I don't need it nor care about it. 

Ron, you brought about the best, mostly uncensored, board in the game.  You can keep the Positive Board and others going, but, look at the number of views there compared to the G&O board.   This is totally unique and it may be time to look into selling the board if you feel it's gone in the wrong direction.  Like all other forms of censorship, people can leave if they  can't bear to "read" something they don't like or approve.  From what you posted, it seems not to have affected you on the business side of the industry, although GetBig may not be what you thought it would become.  I thank you for the freedom you have given the board, but let's not try to make it politically correct.  

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 05:35:04 PM »
i dont care if kai green prances for gay men.  it's none of my business if he does. and i dont give a fuck about your need to type no homo. cause i dont give a shit about you and could care less WTF u r...spare me the no homo shit becuse i beleive you are a closet case when you write that   lol  ps   i just got back from long flight and sleepy

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 05:35:20 PM »

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: January 15, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »
Ron, you brought about the best, mostly uncensored, board in the game.  You can keep the Positive Board and others going, but, look at the number of views there compared to the G&O board.   This is totally unique and it may be time to look into selling the board if you feel it's gone in the wrong direction.  Like all other forms of censorship, people can leave if they  can't bear to "read" something they don't like or approve.  From what you posted, it seems not to have affected you on the business side of the industry, although GetBig may not be what you thought it would become.  I thank you for the freedom you have given the board, but let's not try to make it politically correct. 

I dont care about being politically correct.  But many of us live and work in the industry, like going to the expo and shows, and actually care.  I think this year, I just don't feel like dealing or listening to the people who claim everything is corrupt, a scam and blame the world on everything.  Life will go on, enjoy Kamali and his supplements, have fun being satiric, but don't shit in my house.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2010, 05:49:44 PM »
i dont care if kai green prances for gay men.  it's none of my business if he does. and i dont give a fuck about your need to type no homo. cause i dont give a shit about you and could care less WTF u r...spare me the no homo shit becuse i beleive you are a closet case when you write that   lol  ps   i just got back from long flight and sleepy
NO HOMO
U

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: January 15, 2010, 05:51:57 PM »

As for this thread, I have been deleting threads or posts for the last few months, but this is a new year, and it seems to intensify in the start of the year.  Then the threads come up on why certain threads of gone, and I have not responded. Well, here is the discussion and response for the last few months on why.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #43 on: January 15, 2010, 06:25:37 PM »
As for this thread, I have been deleting threads or posts for the last few months, but this is a new year, and it seems to intensify in the start of the year.  Then the threads come up on why certain threads of gone, and I have not responded. Well, here is the discussion and response for the last few months on why.

Ron, I wish you responded to racism on this board the way you do this...I've sent countless report to moderators and 90% of them get ignored...That's why I gave up and now fight the good fight and spew racist sludge like everyone else about everyone except Jews of course... ::)

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 15, 2010, 06:28:52 PM »
Ron it's your board and obviously you can run it how you want but it's bullshit to change the rules halfway through the game because some of the power brokers don't like the truth getting out.
Bodybuilding needs at least one board that isn't controlled by politics and fantasy.

disturbia

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2010, 06:30:05 PM »
Ron, I wish you responded to racism on this board the way you do this...I've sent countless report to moderators and 90% of them get ignored...That's why I gave up and now fight the good fight and spew racist sludge like everyone else about everyone except Jews of course... ::)

want a tissue?

and you're white so why does it matter?

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2010, 06:32:52 PM »

I dont care about being politically correct.  But many of us live and work in the industry, like going to the expo and shows, and actually care.  I think this year, I just don't feel like dealing or listening to the people who claim everything is corrupt, a scam and blame the world on everything.  Life will go on, enjoy Kamali and his supplements, have fun being satiric, but don't shit in my house.

I agree

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2010, 06:34:20 PM »
Some of you think that it is ok to come here and bash the very sport that this board is built on.  That is ok to degrade the NPC, the people in it, the IFBB and any other bodybuilding, fitness and figure organization.  That is ok to call people whatever you want, to just make fun of people, and to bully around.

jebus ron....pop an arimidex will ya  :-\
carpe` vaginum!

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2010, 06:40:30 PM »

but is there no place to discuss legitimate concerns or gripes against those in power?   thread after thread that don't contain any personal attacks get deleted.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2010, 06:41:24 PM »
but is there no place to discuss legitimate concerns or gripes against those in power?   thread after thread that don't contain any personal attacks get deleted.
I agree