Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 231428 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam
« Reply #1175 on: August 11, 2013, 02:37:12 PM »
^Too much atheist blabber, wasting your limited time on earth bud.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #1176 on: August 11, 2013, 02:46:05 PM »
^Too much atheist blabber, wasting your limited time on earth bud.

In other words: “Shit! I can't counter a single thing he said. I should disengage and not make a bigger fool of myself. I know... I'll just post a YouTube video. It's about the only thing I do on here anyways! Maybe ntha way obody will notice the hardcore spanking I just got.”

Carry on Ahmed. Nobody has noticed. :D

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #1177 on: August 11, 2013, 04:57:29 PM »
I really don't understand why the religious and atheists debate.

Atheists claim there is no God.

On a side note, implying Atheists are smarter, or superior to religious folks is false, since atheism does not automatically presume well read, science oriented, completely logical rational individuals. This is the image media likes to portray, but it's nothing short of horse shit.

Religious folks believe in the existence of God, thus justifying further consequent beliefs and actions pertaining to one particular faith.

This "leap of faith", is not subject to change or modification by continually unfolding scientific findings, and concepts.

It's a dead end, so why even bother? Why see who can shout the loudest over the other? Makes no sense.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1178 on: August 11, 2013, 08:20:44 PM »
^+1

I know I'm not interested and it's just boring the condescending attitude of atheists and yes as I've said their self-evident anger towards God and religions in general.

Hence he's wasting his precious time and since he doesn't believe there is any life after death and his origin and destination are that meaningless, he should be investing his time in his short life

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1179 on: August 11, 2013, 08:49:32 PM »
I know I'm not interested and it's just boring the condescending attitude of atheists and yes as I've said their self-evident anger towards God and religions in general.

You aren't, yet you incessantly post page after page of inane bullshit...  

Hence he's wasting his precious time and since he doesn't believe there is any life after death and his origin and destination are that meaningless, he should be investing his time in his short life

Good thing my time is mine to do with as I please and doesn't belong to an imaginary deity :)

I really don't understand why the religious and atheists debate.

I normally avoid the debate. People are free to believe whatever they want to believe as long as they don't try to shove their silly beliefs down my throat. But the problem is that theists, regardless of persuasion, aren't content to just believe. The exceptions to that rule are few and far between.

On a side note, implying Atheists are smarter, or superior to religious folks is false, since atheism does not automatically presume well read, science oriented, completely logical rational individuals. This is the image media likes to portray, but it's nothing short of horse shit.

Actually, most atheists are quite well-read, have careers in the sciences and they are, overwhelmingly, people who try to be rational. And they are more intelligent than those who do believe in dogma. Please, don't take my word for it: avail yourself of the numerous studies that bear this out – you can read a good summary and find links for further reading on this subject on Wikipedia.

Religious folks believe in the existence of God, thus justifying further consequent beliefs and actions pertaining to one particular faith.

This "leap of faith", is not subject to change or modification by continually unfolding scientific findings, and concepts.

Spot on. And if you bother to read through my previous posts you will see that I have said to Ahmed before that all it would take for him to "win" the argument is to say "I cannot logically support my position. I believe this on faith, which grants me knowledge of unknowable things through unknowable means and which cannot be impeached by logic." This one statement would take the debate off the table completely since faith and reason incompatible and mutually exclusive.

He doesn't do that. He keeps trying to support his position logically; to argue that his dogmatic beliefs are based on reason and can stand up to rational scrutiny. I don't know why he does it, but the reason is irrelevant. What matter is that he is wrong.

It's a dead end, so why even bother? Why see who can shout the loudest over the other? Makes no sense.

Sometimes debating is fun.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1180 on: August 12, 2013, 05:11:24 AM »
I believe in God but not religion.

It's funny how the religious fanatics think that those who oppose their agenda are 'atheists'

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1181 on: August 12, 2013, 09:51:54 AM »
^avxo is an atheist fyi

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1182 on: August 13, 2013, 10:32:59 AM »

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1183 on: August 13, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »
Ahmed, this is a genuine question vis-à-vis your statements about Islam and family, and not related to atheism.

What is your take on Muslims who kill their daughters and/or sisters for "dishonoring" them by being too promiscuous, too Americanized and/or westernized? This is the specific case I had in mind: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20029428-504083.html.

I'm not suggesting that all Muslims are like that or that you support this sort of thing. But there certainly seems to be a split, with some Mulsims finding this acceptable and others not finding it acceptable. I am curious what verses would be applicable here and your general take on it.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1184 on: August 13, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »
Stop asking stupid questions. This is why I am not wasting my time on bickering with you as you're insincere or just plain arrogantly ignorant as you persist on things even when they are explained to you. You've already been answered a million times. People following cultures and tribal customs/beliefs/traditions and NOT islam. That is the answer. Islam obviously prohibits this. If it's a legitimate question you should already KNOW the answer if you know anything about islam which you keep trying to throw out there when you jest and ridicule religion in general. You clearly don't.

If you knew anything about the qur'an you would already have your answer. The pre-islamic arabs used to kill their daughters too, and Islam was the first thing to oppose them in this matter.

The media focuses on muslim village idiots. Yet these practices happen amongst Arab Christians, Nigerian Christians, Indian Hindus/Christians, Chinese atheists, etc...

Like when islamophobic idiots throw this kind of crap on the net, don't they for one second think and ask wait where in the qur'an does this command of killing daughters for 'dishonoring' come from? THERE ISN'T ONE.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1185 on: August 13, 2013, 06:29:20 PM »
Stop asking stupid questions.

Why is it a stupid question?

This is why I am not wasting my time on bickering with you as you're insincere or just plain arrogantly ignorant as you persist on things even when they are explained to you.

I am? Interesting... nobody's ever accused me of being insincere before.

You've already been answered a million times. People following cultures and tribal customs/beliefs/traditions and NOT islam. That is the answer.

I don't recall asking this question before, or receiving an answer to it from you.

Islam obviously prohibits this.

Not quite obvious, since there seem to be people who claim that this is just fine. I concede that they may be misunderstanding and misrepresenting Islam, but the fact is that the prohibition is obvioulsy not obvious.

If it's a legitimate question you should already KNOW the answer if you know anything about islam which you keep trying to throw out there when you jest and ridicule religion in general. You clearly don't.

That's not how questions work. As for what I know, I don't think my knowledge is relevant when I'm asking about your understanding.

If you knew anything about the qur'an you would already have your answer. The pre-islamic arabs used to kill their daughters too, and Islam was the first thing to oppose them in this matter.

I wanted to know what your take was. What does my knowledge of the qur'an have to do with that?

The media focuses on muslim village idiots. Yet these practices happen amongst Arab Christians, Nigerian Christians, Indian Hindus/Christians, Chinese atheists, etc...

Perhaps they do - and when I stumble across such cases, I will ask Arab Christians, Nigerian Christians, Indian Hindus/Christians, Chinese atheists, etc the same question, provided of course, that those people claim religion as the underlying rationale for their action.

Like when islamophobic idiots throw this kind of crap on the net, don't they for one second think and ask wait where in the qur'an does this command of killing daughters for 'dishonoring' come from? THERE ISN'T ONE.

So, why couldn't you say this to begin with, instead of spewing a stream of insults in response to a carefully worded and polite question?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1186 on: August 13, 2013, 10:33:16 PM »
Because of your repeated constant bs. Go read the qur'an, because clearly you don't have a clue what you're talking about up until now after a year of talking on here.

It's stupid because it's as stupid as a redneck coming up to me and saying "why youz mozzlemz wana killz them unbelieverz".

No muslims will say honor killings are 'according to islam', because there is no such commandment in islam. If you knew an atom's worth of knowledge on islam, you would already have your answer from the qur'an in this matter. Female infanticide, killing of female children was already being practiced before islam and islam was one force that opposed it for example. Likewise if you read the qur'an you would find no such commandments to 'honor kill'

Bottom line is, my point is, I don't take you seriously anymore, I don't see the point of bickering with you back and forth and your thousands of quotes, total waste of time.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1187 on: August 13, 2013, 11:04:18 PM »
Recent pic of kaba

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1188 on: August 14, 2013, 05:54:11 AM »
No muslims will say honor killings are 'according to islam', because there is no such commandment in islam. If you knew an atom's worth of knowledge on islam, you would already have your answer from the qur'an in this matter. Female infanticide, killing of female children was already being practiced before islam and islam was one force that opposed it for example. Likewise if you read the qur'an you would find no such commandments to 'honor kill'

And yet, many Muslims do those things. I agree that tribal customs or beliefs external to Islam might be at work here, but what penalties do those who do these things face under Islam, if any?

Bottom line is, my point is, I don't take you seriously anymore, I don't see the point of bickering with you back and forth and your thousands of quotes, total waste of time.

It's a pity that you aren't willing to engage in a debate about important issues - a debate that could help you dispel apparently common misconceptions about your religion and beliefs.

I've spanked you before so I know you're butt-hurt so I guess that's why you're being like this. The least I can do is offer you some relief:

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #1189 on: August 14, 2013, 08:14:15 AM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1190 on: August 14, 2013, 09:19:37 AM »
^Ignore the thousands of Muslims killed in Egypt by your secularist christian appointed military rulers of egypt and focus on isolated incidents like that. Under Morsi a person who burned a bible was jailed and punished. Now your secular christian ruler Sisi is ruling. Emotional and uneducated Muslims are resorting to injustices when injustices are being done to them? Surprising...

You know very well that Christians and places of worship of Christians under Islam are to be protected by Muslims. So ask yourself then why this is happening.

I could post pictures on here of the Muslims that were burned to the crisp this morning and yesterday by secularists and christians and sisi supporters but the pictures would be removed.

What is a building compared to the life of people? In Islam even the kaba is worthless in comparison to the blood of a Muslim. Blood of a human being is more sacred than a dead building, be it a mosque, church, kaba, whatever.

Houses of Muslims and morsi supporters were being set on fire and as were morsi supporters. So then ask yourself WHY some muslims then resorted to attacking this church. You are just another media fed fool who ignores what happens prior to an incident and then calls the shots.

For MOS since everyone is derailing the threads. Description of paradise. There are whole lectures on this topic alone:

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1191 on: August 14, 2013, 10:14:24 AM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #1192 on: August 14, 2013, 11:41:29 AM »
For MOS since everyone is derailing the threads. Description of paradise. There are whole lectures on this topic alone:

Thanks! I'll give it a watch.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #1193 on: August 14, 2013, 01:50:09 PM »
What is a building compared to the life of people? In Islam even the kaba is worthless in comparison to the blood of a Muslim. Blood of a human being is more sacred than a dead building, be it a mosque, church, kaba, whatever.

Would you argue similarly about other material items?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1194 on: August 16, 2013, 01:48:15 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1195 on: August 17, 2013, 09:55:55 PM »

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1196 on: August 17, 2013, 11:27:50 PM »
a_ahmed, care to reply?

Would you argue similarly about other material items?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1197 on: August 18, 2013, 08:51:07 AM »
elaborate what you mean it doesn't make sense to me

Skeletor

• Getbig V
« Reply #1198 on: August 18, 2013, 08:55:58 AM »
You mentioned

"What is a building compared to the life of people? In Islam even the kaba is worthless in comparison to the blood of a Muslim. Blood of a human being is more sacred than a dead building, be it a mosque, church, kaba, whatever."

I ask if this extends to material items in general and not just the kaba (or any building). More specifically symbols, images, books.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1199 on: August 18, 2013, 02:46:24 PM »
Sure but that still does not mean that you desecrate these things or use it as an excuse to desecrate them or insult and hurt people's feelings in regards to them as an excuse that these are 'just objects' either.

"...Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest." [13:28]