Author Topic: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam  (Read 228761 times)

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: Educational Videos and Articles about Islam
« Reply #1225 on: September 14, 2013, 09:38:31 AM »

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #1226 on: September 15, 2013, 03:27:27 AM »

And, don't forget the many other very scientific things that Allah did: he also made the moon a light (71:15-16) but also hang lamps in heaven (41:12) because I guess the moon wasn't bright enough by itself. He made the earth flat (13:3, 15:9, 51:48 and 78:6-7 to name a few) and a fixed, unmoving abode (27:61). And, let's not forget, he created everything in pairs (51:49) which leaves us to wonder... who created flowers and amoebas?

I could go on, but I trust the point is made. The Qur'an isn't a science textbook and contains no great pearls or scientific wisdom or hidden scientific knowledge. It describes a delusional, uneducated man's understanding of the world in allegories and cryptic verses. Setting aside the fact that the allegorical verse quoted explains nothing and isn't scientifically useful, if the Qur'an really contains legitimate scientific knowledge then why aren't you creating new scientific theories using its wisdom, instead of only finding verses to describe things ex post facto?

What you do (and what that ad did) is bogus. You pick some scientific fact, then scour your grimoire in search of a verse or two that you can interpret, stretch and adapt so as to make it fit. You then act surprised at this amazing and unlikely "prediction" - a prediction you manufactured - and use it as the basis to make claims about your religion.

And it's all complete and utter bullshit.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #1227 on: September 20, 2013, 12:41:21 PM »
And, don't forget the many other very scientific things that Allah did: he also made the moon a light (71:15-16) but also hang lamps in heaven (41:12) because I guess the moon wasn't bright enough by itself. He made the earth flat (13:3, 15:9, 51:48 and 78:6-7 to name a few) and a fixed, unmoving abode (27:61). And, let's not forget, he created everything in pairs (51:49) which leaves us to wonder... who created flowers and amoebas?

I could go on, but I trust the point is made. The Qur'an isn't a science textbook and contains no great pearls or scientific wisdom or hidden scientific knowledge. It describes a delusional, uneducated man's understanding of the world in allegories and cryptic verses. Setting aside the fact that the allegorical verse quoted explains nothing and isn't scientifically useful, if the Qur'an really contains legitimate scientific knowledge then why aren't you creating new scientific theories using its wisdom, instead of only finding verses to describe things ex post facto?

What you do (and what that ad did) is bogus. You pick some scientific fact, then scour your grimoire in search of a verse or two that you can interpret, stretch and adapt so as to make it fit. You then act surprised at this amazing and unlikely "prediction" - a prediction you manufactured - and use it as the basis to make claims about your religion.

X2

stingray

• Getbig III
« Reply #1228 on: September 20, 2013, 05:22:02 PM »

Doesn't see any contradiction.

You mentioned that the earth was flat.I went over the verses you mentioned and the Koran doesn't say its flat.It says he spread the earth, and spread it with mountains and rivers etc.

Even if your interpretation was that it is flat, doesn't mean the earth is flat, means God created the earth with rivers, mountains, valleys, some parts its flat, some parts in hilley, some parts is mountainous etc,

And again there is a moon and sun which provide light, and the lamps are the stars

just like somebody would have a main light in his bedroom, he also will have a lamp nxt to him.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1229 on: September 20, 2013, 09:08:47 PM »
Doesn't see any contradiction.

I'm not surprised.

You mentioned that the earth was flat.I went over the verses you mentioned and the Koran doesn't say its flat.It says he spread the earth, and spread it with mountains and rivers etc.

No, I mentioned that the verses I quoted imply that the earth is flat... let's try those quotes one by one shall we?

13.3 says "And He it is Who spread out the earth [...]" which sounds, to me, like a flat earth. But hey, this might be a bit ambiguous, so we'll ignore it. 15:19 and 51:48 are similar, so let's leave this out to. Let's go on.

But 78:6-7 refers to the earth as an "expanse" and I don't know what "expanse" means in your neck of the woods, but it doesn't mean an oblate spheroid in my neck of the woods.

Still, let's pretend for a second that the whole "flat earth" thing isn't at issue. We still have that pesky "fixed, unmoving abode" bit. That's simply, flat-out wrong: the earth is neither fixed nor unmoving; it's moving and at a quite a clip too.

Even if your interpretation was that it is flat, doesn't mean the earth is flat, means God created the earth with rivers, mountains, valleys, some parts its flat, some parts in hilley, some parts is mountainous etc

No, wrong. No part of the earth is flat; the earth is an oblate spheroid. At best, you can argue that parts of it appear flat in the sense that the earth is locally Euclidean (that is, it is a 2-manifold in ℝ3 if you want to be mathematical about it). But that is a very different thing than the earth being flat.

And again there is a moon and sun which provide light, and the lamps are the stars

Uhm, you do know that the moon doesn't produce any light, right? All it does is to reflect light, which is quite a different thing from producing it. In essence it's a mirror. Surely the emissary of the creator of the Universe would know and not make such a silly mistake. Especially in a text that supposedly contains a creamy nougat core of knowledge about the world in which we live hiding underneath its crunchy religious exterior.

just like somebody would have a main light in his bedroom, he also will have a lamp nxt to him.

Again, the moon isn't a light and the stars are neither "hung" nor "lamps". The moon, if we were to play along with your silly example, is the mirror on your wall that reflects the bedroom light of your neighbor, and the stars are the bedroom lights of other neighbors.

Oh, and please do tell us: if everything was created in pairs (51:49), why are there organisms which procreate asexually and don't come in pairs?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1230 on: September 22, 2013, 07:44:48 AM »
I usually don't waste time responding to axvo's angry rants especially since they are long and when you do respond he responds with a thousand quotations... but the moon's light in the qur'an is a reflected light (muneer).

And about the whole flat earth non-sense no, actually: http://www.answering-christianity.com/earth_in_islam.htm

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1231 on: September 22, 2013, 08:25:38 AM »
Filthy media being filthy:

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1232 on: September 22, 2013, 08:49:58 AM »

Thick Nick

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • "Some want to look good, others want to do good."
« Reply #1233 on: September 22, 2013, 05:47:58 PM »
Islam is a Death Cult that worships Satan. Allah = Satan. Proven over and over... hope this helps.
$

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #1234 on: September 22, 2013, 07:02:48 PM »
I'm not surprised.

No, I mentioned that the verses I quoted imply that the earth is flat... let's try those quotes one by one shall we?

13.3 says "And He it is Who spread out the earth [...]" which sounds, to me, like a flat earth. But hey, this might be a bit ambiguous, so we'll ignore it. 15:19 and 51:48 are similar, so let's leave this out to. Let's go on.

But 78:6-7 refers to the earth as an "expanse" and I don't know what "expanse" means in your neck of the woods, but it doesn't mean an oblate spheroid in my neck of the woods.

Still, let's pretend for a second that the whole "flat earth" thing isn't at issue. We still have that pesky "fixed, unmoving abode" bit. That's simply, flat-out wrong: the earth is neither fixed nor unmoving; it's moving and at a quite a clip too.

No, wrong. No part of the earth is flat; the earth is an oblate spheroid. At best, you can argue that parts of it appear flat in the sense that the earth is locally Euclidean (that is, it is a 2-manifold in ℝ3 if you want to be mathematical about it). But that is a very different thing than the earth being flat.

Uhm, you do know that the moon doesn't produce any light, right? All it does is to reflect light, which is quite a different thing from producing it. In essence it's a mirror. Surely the emissary of the creator of the Universe would know and not make such a silly mistake. Especially in a text that supposedly contains a creamy nougat core of knowledge about the world in which we live hiding underneath its crunchy religious exterior.

Again, the moon isn't a light and the stars are neither "hung" nor "lamps". The moon, if we were to play along with your silly example, is the mirror on your wall that reflects the bedroom light of your neighbor, and the stars are the bedroom lights of other neighbors.

Oh, and please do tell us: if everything was created in pairs (51:49), why are there organisms which procreate asexually and don't come in pairs?

LOL!

Excellent.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #1235 on: September 22, 2013, 07:12:06 PM »
I usually don't waste time responding to axvo's angry rants especially since they are long and when you do respond he responds with a thousand quotations... but the moon's light in the qur'an is a reflected light (muneer).

And about the whole flat earth non-sense no, actually: http://www.answering-christianity.com/earth_in_islam.htm

OK, a_ahmed, I'll bite.

Please tell us where in the Quran Allah tells us that the Earth is a sphere.   The link you provided has a sub link to the "proof", which takes you to another link, and then back to the first page.  No proof is provided.

Care to try one?

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1236 on: September 22, 2013, 07:27:03 PM »
Islam is a Death Cult that worships Satan. Allah = Satan. Proven over and over... hope this helps.

And that's why in Hebrew God is mentioned in the bible as Ellohim (the im plural of respect) or Elloh, it's already been explained by two different Jews previously in this thread that we worship the same God of Abraham, the one and only God, creator of all creation.... and in the Aramaic bible God is mentioned as Alah.

Too bad you're wrong as the qur'an condemns satan over and over again:

O mankind! Eat of that which is lawful and good on the earth, and follow not the footsteps of Shaitân (Satan). Verily, he is to you an open enemy. (Al-Baqarah 2:168)

O you who believe! Enter perfectly in Islâm (by obeying all the rules and regulations of the Islâmic religion) and follow not the footsteps of Shaitân (Satan). Verily! He is to you a plain enemy (Al-Baqarah 2:208)

And of the cattle (are some) for burden (like camels etc.) and (some are) small (unable to carry burden like sheep, goats etc. for food, meat, milk, wool etc.). Eat of what Allâh has provided for you, and follow not the footsteps of Shaitân (Satan). Surely he is to you an open enemy. (Al-An'am 6:142)

So he misled them with deception. Then when they tasted of the tree, that which was hidden from them of their shame (private parts) became manifest to them and they began to stick together the leaves of Paradise over themselves (in order to cover their shame). And their Lord called out to them (saying): "Did I not forbid you that tree and tell you: Verily, Shaitân (Satan) is an open enemy unto you?" (Al-A'raf 7:22)

He (the father) said: "O my son! Relate not your vision to your brothers, lest they arrange a plot against you. Verily! Shaitân (Satan) is to man an open enemy! (Yusuf 12:5)

And (remember) when We said to the angels; "Prostrate to Adam." So they prostrated except Iblîs (Satan). He was one of the jinns; he disobeyed the Command of his Lord. Will you then take him (Iblîs) and his offspring as protectors and helpers rather than Me while they are enemies to you? What an evil is the exchange for the Zâliműn (polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc). (Al-Kahf 18:50)

I can go on and on.

We also say before reciting qur'an and doing many actions:

A'udhAnnotateu Billahi min ash-shaytaan-i'r rajeem. Bismillah-i'r Rahman-i'r Raheem

which translates to: I seek refuge in Allah from the Devil. In the name of Allah. The Beneficial, The Merciful.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #1237 on: September 25, 2013, 08:40:06 PM »

I can go on and on.

And you do go on and on.   

May I suggest again that you move to an Islamic country, one ruled according to Sharia law?  From all of your anti-American and "Islam is perfect" posts, I believe you would be much happier.  There are many to choose from - Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, Iran, Indonesia, for example.   Think how great life would be in one of those places.  For you.  Because you obviously hate the United States of America.

Guess what.  Most of us on this board love our country, and some of us have served in the military and even died (like my Dad in World War II) to protect our values, which you obviously have no sympathy for.

So why don't you fucking get the hell out of the USA?

You can then relax and soak up all that great Islamic virtue you keep touting.  But I would warn you that if you start posting anti-government stuff in one of those places, you may just wake up dead.  It appears that "Allah" does not endorse free speech.  Except in the West.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1238 on: September 26, 2013, 10:07:09 AM »
Lame meltdown bro. A guy with the name like 'gonuclear' says it all.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #1239 on: September 26, 2013, 11:57:18 AM »
Lame meltdown bro. A guy with the name like 'gonuclear' says it all.

Seriously, if you hate the USA so much...

And Islam is a perfect life plan with no defects or disadvantages whatsoever...

Why not go to one of the many Islamic countries where people think as you do?

Really, I am quite interested in your answer.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1240 on: September 26, 2013, 01:35:28 PM »

Seriously, if you hate the USA so much...

And Islam is a perfect life plan with no defects or disadvantages whatsoever...

Why not go to one of the many Islamic countries whre people think as you do?

Really, I am quite interested in your answer.

Because, ultimately, he enjoys all the amenities that the Western world affords him just a little too much to give them up. This is no different from people from the Soviet Union who would spend hours telling you how wonderful life was in the USSR under Khrushchev or Brezhnev while holding cushy jobs at various Soviet Embassies.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1241 on: September 26, 2013, 02:30:06 PM »
Dude I've lived in those countries as a Christian and they are nothing like what you've been brainwashed to think. Their infrastructure is newer, better, more developed and they spend their money on their countries and not waging wars on other countries. The governments totally suck and that is as a result of what the west creates and supports. Any uprising is shunned and suppressed. As is the most recent case for example in Egypt. Furthermore the fact that the US BOMBS these countries sets them back but they keep rebuilding, while the west spends money on more wars and ignores its failing infrastructure and old pile of crap roads and buildings.

Life is not crap in the rest of the world as you are made out to believe. Everything in the west from the day we are in school is thought about how we are 'first world countries' and the rest of the countries are 'third world countries'. Really, it's a plot to keep people ignorant and believing that we are the best in the world, we are not. I've travelled in between North America, Europe, Africa and the Middle-east. I haven't been to Australia, South America or East Asia however.

I am not in the US, nor want to live in the US. I am not born an Arab or born in Arab countries, I'm of European descent and a westerner but a Muslim. That being said I would enjoy living in Muslim countries but my family is here and I have a job.

That being said is life here great and that's the reason I'm here? Not at all, in comparison to the west, in Muslim countries (you shouldn't call them 'islamic countries' as they are secular dictatorship or kingdoms), life is more peaceful over there. Here we live day to day rush hour, bills, 40 hour+ work weeks, work, eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep and from all the 'anti-depressants' north Americans are on, to getting smashed on weekends at bars and clubs, life in the west is crap.

One thing you would notice in terms of difference to north america in arab muslim countries is life. People are more relaxed, more at peace with themselves, more humble, more family oriented, more community oriented, there is life on the street, people know each other, people are not closed off 'independent', children are free to play on the streets and parents dont have to worry as much about their kids getting involved with gangs, criminals and thugs. Your property being stolen is less likely, strangers you don't know will greet you with smiles while here someone will start cussing at you and looking at you strange.

It's just different, the west may appear 'rich' in material things, but in reality all here are poor. Credit, debt, even the US government itself its 17 trillion dollars in debt. That's the real reality.

Being Muslim is not being Arab. American and western Muslims are on the rise whether you like it or not, too bad and we're here to stay in our own countries. The same pile of crap could be said to the likes of Englishmen or Spaniards or Frenchmen or Dutchmen to go back to where they came from as they invaded native lands and enforced Christianity on them by the sword..

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1242 on: September 26, 2013, 02:38:26 PM »

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
« Reply #1243 on: September 26, 2013, 02:45:59 PM »
Dude I've lived in those countries as a Christian and they are nothing like what you've been brainwashed to think. Their infrastructure is newer, better, more developed and they spend their money on their countries and not waging wars on other countries. The governments totally suck and that is as a result of what the west creates and supports. Any uprising is shunned and suppressed. As is the most recent case for example in Egypt. Furthermore the fact that the US BOMBS these countries sets them back but they keep rebuilding, while the west spends money on more wars and ignores its failing infrastructure and old pile of crap roads and buildings.

Life is not crap in the rest of the world as you are made out to believe. Everything in the west from the day we are in school is thought about how we are 'first world countries' and the rest of the countries are 'third world countries'. Really, it's a plot to keep people ignorant and believing that we are the best in the world, we are not. I've travelled in between North America, Europe, Africa and the Middle-east. I haven't been to Australia, South America or East Asia however.

I am not in the US, nor want to live in the US. I am not born an Arab or born in Arab countries, I'm of European descent and a westerner but a Muslim. That being said I would enjoy living in Muslim countries but my family is here and I have a job.

That being said is life here great and that's the reason I'm here? Not at all, in comparison to the west, in Muslim countries (you shouldn't call them 'islamic countries' as they are secular dictatorship or kingdoms), life is more peaceful over there. Here we live day to day rush hour, bills, 40 hour+ work weeks, work, eat, sleep, work, eat, sleep and from all the 'anti-depressants' north Americans are on, to getting smashed on weekends at bars and clubs, life in the west is crap.

One thing you would notice in terms of difference to north america in arab muslim countries is life. People are more relaxed, more at peace with themselves, more humble, more family oriented, more community oriented, there is life on the street, people know each other, people are not closed off 'independent', children are free to play on the streets and parents dont have to worry as much about their kids getting involved with gangs, criminals and thugs. Your property being stolen is less likely, strangers you don't know will greet you with smiles while here someone will start cussing at you and looking at you strange.

It's just different, the west may appear 'rich' in material things, but in reality all here are poor. Credit, debt, even the US government itself its 17 trillion dollars in debt. That's the real reality.

Being Muslim is not being Arab. American and western Muslims are on the rise whether you like it or not, too bad and we're here to stay in our own countries. The same pile of crap could be said to the likes of Englishmen or Spaniards or Frenchmen or Dutchmen to go back to where they came from as they invaded native lands and enforced Christianity on them by the sword..

Thank you, a_ahmed.   That was an excellent post.  I now understand more of your point of view.  But I think your last paragraph misses my point in asking why you did not move to an Islamic country.

My point was not that, because you are Muslim, you should leave.   We have freedom of religion in this country.
What I meant was simply that you appeared from your posts to hate the USA.  So why are you staying in a place that you hate?  But that was because I thought you lived in the USA.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1244 on: September 26, 2013, 03:03:22 PM »

Nobody said it is.

It's easy to say "I'd enjoy it but…" so maybe you can get back to us when you don't need the "but" part?

So funny... you complain when someone "misrepresents" Islam and Muslim countries by using stereotypes which you claim don't apply, but have no problem at all using those very same tactics in describing a Western lifestyle.

Yes... random people will randomly cuss at you herein the wild, and apparently rude, west...::)

You know what I get from your text? Someone who sees one part of the world – a part he's far removed from – with rose colored glasses. So I read between the lines and see you comparing your rose colored vision with your current life and your life comes up lacking. So you hate it and focus on the vision... There's a word for that you know.

Some of what you say is real. But you cannot assert that all people are poor and then pretend that this somehow real. That's a delusion.

I agree with you; uneducated people often conflate Arabs and Muslims. Educated people do so at quite frequently too.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1245 on: September 26, 2013, 08:12:56 PM »
I think you miss the part that I've already mentioned before, I did enjoy my life in Arab Muslim countries and I wasn't even Muslim then. However realistically today where would I move that there wouldn't be a conflict? All of them the countries are now involved in some sort of screwed up conflict thanks to American involvement. I lived in Libya for example. It was beautiful, but now you don't know when a bomb will explode somewhere plus the NATO filth left depleted uranium all over. Hello cancer.

Even gulf countries where I Have some family working there they are nothing but American ass kissers that don't represent Islam or Muslims. They mistreat brown people, black people, Indians, etc.. which disgusts me and is against Islam. Not to say all are like that but there's a lot of that happening. They would kiss my white ass hard but it still disgusts me.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1246 on: September 26, 2013, 09:14:28 PM »
I think you miss the part that I've already mentioned before, I did enjoy my life in Arab Muslim countries and I wasn't even Muslim then. However realistically today where would I move that there wouldn't be a conflict? All of them the countries are now involved in some sort of screwed up conflict thanks to American involvement. I lived in Libya for example. It was beautiful, but now you don't know when a bomb will explode somewhere plus the NATO filth left depleted uranium all over. Hello cancer.

Even gulf countries where I Have some family working there they are nothing but American ass kissers that don't represent Islam or Muslims. They mistreat brown people, black people, Indians, etc.. which disgusts me and is against Islam. Not to say all are like that but there's a lot of that happening. They would kiss my white ass hard but it still disgusts me.

You are the wigger of Islam.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1247 on: September 26, 2013, 10:15:01 PM »

No, I don't miss your point. I agree that there are many awesome places in the Middle East – anywhere close to the Mediterranean is bound to be awesome. But that's beside the point.

I don't know that I would want to live there for a number of reasons, but that's also besides the point.

If you want to live there, that's great and awesome and I hope you get to do it. But I think I telling us how wonderful those places are, you are slightly off-track. I'd be more inclined to listen to you if you could, for a moment, consider that maybe your childhood memories, wonderful as they may be, are perhaps colored by the rosy tint of childhood.

Setting aside the "American bombs" issue you bring up (which is, I'll grant you, legitimate) the simple fact is that those countries aren't even remotely close to the wonderful, peaceful and welcoming societies you make them out to be.

I'd say the same to someone who, as a kid, grew up in the United States and who now, having lived overseas for many years, looks back at the U.S. and sees Happyland, where you can live in a gumdrop house on Lollipop lane. It's a simple fact: when we are younger we look at he world with different eyes. Whether it is naďveté or lack of experience, kids see the world fundamentally differently than adults. And more often than not their perception ignores all the bad stuff that we can see as adults.

You ignore all of those things, brushing them off or dismissing them outright. Instead you go off on tangents about how horrible it is that there are bars and alcohol and people choose to live their lives differently from you. And you come across as a religious crank.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #1248 on: September 27, 2013, 09:04:02 AM »
My uncle lived for over 30 years in Libya and his daughter was even born there. He had to leave Libya due to Nato bombing but is hoping to return again. Strange no? Clearly childhood memories when he wasn't born there or raised there. Oh and he's not Muslim.

You will continue to not grasp any of what I'm saying because you've been blinded by your hatered and unwillingness to accept the difference that may be plausible to your current beliefs and are continuing to be misled by media and your government to think that the rest of the world is an unliveable pile of crap while the west is 'the best'. It's so you are kept in the dark thinking you have the best and you are the best.

Anyway there's no point arguing about it. You are mixing your misunderstanding of the rest of the world with your hatred of Islam and Muslims to my experience on both sides of the world. You will not accept that yes it's quite plausible that there are better places than America in the world or in the least as equitable.

For example some expats in Saudi Arabia they whine about 'no night clubs' but when they live there for a while and see the other beauty of life they enjoy it. There are different values that people hold across the world, and you will not ever be able to enforce YOUR values upon the rest of the world no matter how hard you try. What you may deem as unacceptable may be the values of the other people and vice versa, what you deemd as acceptable they will not see as acceptable therefore you will think oh you live in a better place.

I just find it foolish when people say dumb things like 'go back where you came from' or 'go to x place' out of their hatred and ignorance. In the end all of this is meaningless, as a Muslim, as any Muslims out there, God gave earth to mankind, and wherever we live, we are either upright Muslims or we are something else whatever it may be. Living in one place or another changes little the fact that I am muslim. It's only your hatered that even brings up such a topic.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #1249 on: September 27, 2013, 10:11:01 AM »
I'm sure there are better places than the United States – but "better", like all value judgements, boils down to what someone is looking for. And that is the point you're missing.

When it comes to hatred of Muslims, you must confuse me with someone else. I don't hate anyone; as long as people leave me alone I am perfectly happy.

And as for who is wearing blinders, I think the answer is obvious to anyone who cares to read our exchanges and your posts in general.

So yeah...