Author Topic: Bring back cruel and unusual punishment!  (Read 4112 times)

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
Bring back cruel and unusual punishment!
« on: April 17, 2007, 08:30:24 AM »
There are some exceptionally heinous crimes out there that merit cruel and unusual punishment. Mere imprisonment or the death penalty just don't cut it.

Take the murderer from VA Tech yesterday. If he were still alive, they would try him, send him to jail for life, or give him the death penalty. (lethal injection? please...) IMO that punishment is just too light. He ought to be subjected to  extreme intolerable torture for the rest of his natural life. Bring in the world's most talented sadists and let them have their way with him.

Same with a pedophile who kidnaps, rapes, and kills children or buries them alive. He deserves to have this intestines removed in front of his eyes and fed to him while burning coals are stuffed into his bowels...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: Bring back cruel and unusual punishment!
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 08:37:23 AM »
i'm all for public execution...just plain hang em..

hell behead em..its gory..and if done slow painfull...and i bet everyone watching will NEVER EVER think about murdering anyone ever..
carpe` vaginum!

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 08:38:03 AM »
That's too merciful and quick for some killers...

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 08:38:56 AM »
So you don't like the American Constitution?

Nice.

What's next, you want a dictature instead of a democracy? ::)

Here's a suggestion: If you don't like the Western Law: Move to a country with Muslim Sharia laws. I'm sure you'll dig how they go about justice there

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 08:39:24 AM »
That's too merciful and quick for some killers...

well how about ya let the families of the victims decide how the person gets to die?

that fair?
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 08:40:57 AM »

Nice.

Here's a suggestion: If you don't like the Western Law: Move to a country with Muslim Sharia laws. I'm sure you'll dig how they go about justice there

-Hedge

mighty nose appropriately elivated talk till someone ya love dies in a similar manner  ;)
carpe` vaginum!

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 08:41:34 AM »

Nice.

-Hedge

Why can't you vote to change the laws and have the masses approve the mistreatment of worthless scumbags? I agree if jail was a shitty horriable place that people came out all fucked up it would take less then ten years for the younger generation to straiten up and fly right.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 08:41:37 AM »

Nice.

-Hedge

I never said that. I said the punishment has to be proportionate to the crime. Nowadays, you commit crimes and just time in a two-star hotel at everyone else's expense...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 08:44:08 AM »

Hedge makes a valid point.

columbus, do you support changing the Constitution to allow for cruel and unusual punishment?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 08:47:44 AM »
In the emotional storm of it all it easy, through anger, to want to punish someone more than just killing them.   

but in the end, when cool heads prevail, adhering to our constitution is what keeps this country together and from going over the deep end into mass hysteria and fascism.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 08:50:05 AM »

columbus, do you support changing the Constitution to allow for cruel and unusual punishment?

What article of the constitution is it? What is the exact wording?

I do believe that for mass murderers, esp those who kill children, deserve more punishment than they currently get.

Say a man violently rapes then brutally kills a little girl. Should he go to prison, a two-star hotel, for a few years, at her parents' expense? I believe not. He should be handed over to some dedicated sadists who will rape him over and over just as he raped that little girl.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 08:51:27 AM »
In the emotional storm of it all it easy, through anger, to want to punish someone more than just killing them.   

but in the end, when cool heads prevail, adhering to our constitution is what keeps this country together and from going over the deep end into mass hysteria and fascism.

Honestly you don't think were already not heading over that cliff???

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 08:52:43 AM »

everyone brings up the constitution when it suits em...but when it dosen't, they make a mockery of it..

when ws the constitution followed in the past 4 yrs by this govt?

hell...i've been called a racist for my RIGHT to freedom of speech..and my posts del..where is your precious constitution then?..o yeah..it dosen't suit some so out it goes..

the constitution seems to be there now a days for people to point out when others disagree with em..as a rebuttal instead of what we stand for.
carpe` vaginum!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 08:52:48 AM »
I never said that. I said the punishment has to be proportionate to the crime. Nowadays, you commit crimes and just time in a two-star hotel at everyone else's expense...

Oh you did.

Read the constitution.

It's in the 8th amendment. Cruel and unusual punishment isn't allowed.

So if you're not kosher with it, you're not kosher with the constitution.

But lets not get into semantics.

BTW, where do you get the idea that imprisonment is like "two star hotel"?

And do you have any idea how expensive it is for a country to have potential workforce and tax payers rottening inside a prison?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 08:54:30 AM »

everyone brings up the constitution when it suits em...but when it dosen't, they make a mockery of it..

when ws the constitution followed in the past 4 yrs by this govt?

hell...i've been called a racist for my RIGHT to freedom of speech..and my posts del..where is your precious constitution then?..o yeah..it dosen't suit some so out it goes..

the constitution seems to be there now a days for people to point out when others disagree with em..as a rebuttal instead of what we stand for.

There is no freedom of speech on getbig.

Of course not. This is private property, and Ron runs it whichever way he chooses to. If you cannot understand that, then you need to re-read some fundamental political science books.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2007, 08:54:37 AM »

You mean the same constitution that once allowed for slavery and relegated blacks to inferior status?

The Enlightenment taught us to get over rigid adherence to any given text. The constitution is not like the Koran, frozen in time. It is a living, breathing document. Treat it as such.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2007, 08:56:02 AM »
we did it's caled guantanamo bay, abu ghraib

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2007, 08:58:39 AM »
You mean the same constitution that once allowed for slavery and relegated blacks to inferior status?

The Enlightenment taught us to get over rigid adherence to any given text. The constitution is not like the Koran, frozen in time. It is a living, breathing document. Treat it as such.

Very good post.

I don't agree with your call for savage slaughtering, but that was a very good post.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2007, 09:01:45 AM »
Oh you did.

Read the constitution.

It's in the 8th amendment. Cruel and unusual punishment isn't allowed.

So if you're not kosher with it, you're not kosher with the constitution.

But lets not get into semantics.

BTW, where do you get the idea that imprisonment is like "two star hotel"?

And do you have any idea how expensive it is for a country to have potential workforce and tax payers rottening inside a prison?

-Hedge

Thankfully, the constitution is not the Koran, and it can be changed. To treat any text as absolute eternal truth is idolatry. Constitutions can be amended by the people.

As for prison, the punishment is just too light for some crimes. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that a guy who robs a 7-11 should be burned at the stake. I am saying that there is tremendous evil out there that is going unpunished.

But let's not change the point. If a guy kidnapped, repeatedly raped your sister, say, tortured her for weeks, amputated her bodyparts one by one and fed them to wild animals as she watched, gouged out her eyes and put burning coals in her eye sockets, then brutally killed her, you would be OK with him going to prison for life?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 09:03:29 AM »
There is no freedom of speech on getbig.

-Hedge

of course there is..you can make fun of anyone..hell i call ron a fat joobie  all the time..buut god forbid i say the N word..

as for reading political science books..lol...i just imagined you with prada glasses sipping scotch in a library preaching the virtues of being level headed..   :-\   and everyone going " my headgie what a great big patience you have" :-\
carpe` vaginum!

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 09:04:14 AM »
. The constitution is not like the Koran, frozen in time. It is a living, breathing document. Treat it as such.

i'm glad ya saw the irony.. :)
carpe` vaginum!

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 09:09:50 AM »
Thankfully, the constitution is not the Koran, and it can be changed. To treat any text as absolute eternal truth is idolatry. Constitutions can be amended by the people.

As for prison, the punishment is just too light for some crimes. Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that a guy who robs a 7-11 should be burned at the stake. I am saying that there is tremendous evil out there that is going unpunished.

But let's not change the point. If a guy kidnapped, repeatedly raped your sister, say, tortured her for weeks, amputated her bodyparts one by one and fed them to wild animals as she watched, gouged out her eyes and put burning coals in her eye sockets, then brutally killed her, you would be OK with him going to prison for life?

I would obviously want to kill him.

But I don't have any right for retribution. That won't do jack shit to help the society.

The only thing that matters is to make the best of the situation. My opinion means jack and shit. My problems needs to be dealt with through a shrink or whatever, but revenge? The state should never take that into account. The only thing that matters is to have as many productive units as possible working in the society.

That's why it's completely uninteresting if inmates at prisons have a decent life, if that means they break their past habits. Releasing a prisoner who is still criminal is pointless IMO.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2007, 09:14:28 AM »
I would obviously want to kill him.

But I don't have any right for retribution. That won't do jack shit to help the society.

The only thing that matters is to make the best of the situation. My opinion means jack and shit. My problems needs to be dealt with through a shrink or whatever, but revenge? The state should never take that into account. The only thing that matters is to have as many productive units as possible working in the society.

That's why it's completely uninteresting if inmates at prisons have a decent life, if that means they break their past habits. Releasing a prisoner who is still criminal is pointless IMO.

-Hedge
I actually agree with Hedge.   WOuld revenge bring your sister back?  nope.
I'd pray to god to help me through it and i'd realize my sister was in a better place.
No matter how you killed the guy that killed your sister, wouldn't in any way at all change the pain you would be feeling.
His life really wouldn't matter to me, of course i'd want him brought to justice, i've always thought the idea of someone spending every day of the rest of his life in prison, facing rape, beatings from other inmates and such, would be more satisfying to me than his life to end in an instance.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2007, 09:20:59 AM »
I actually agree with Hedge.   WOuld revenge bring your sister back?  nope.
I'd pray to god to help me through it and i'd realize my sister was in a better place.
No matter how you killed the guy that killed your sister, wouldn't in any way at all change the pain you would be feeling.
His life really wouldn't matter to me, of course i'd want him brought to justice, i've always thought the idea of someone spending every day of the rest of his life in prison, facing rape, beatings from other inmates and such, would be more satisfying to me than his life to end in an instance.

I disagree to a point. Yes nothing is going to change the fact but How much punishment goes on in prision? really if your talking about 80% of the jails its a bunch of guys getting by not rape and beatings and movie shit. My brother spent 3 years inside some of the wild federal pens and its not as bad as people think. I can guarentee you if I took someone out to a quite barn back in the country I could cause enough pain to feel better..Course then I would hunt down the guys family and take them on a trip also. But then again I am a little nuts.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2007, 09:25:41 AM »
I disagree to a point. Yes nothing is going to change the fact but How much punishment goes on in prision? really if your talking about 80% of the jails its a bunch of guys getting by not rape and beatings and movie shit. My brother spent 3 years inside some of the wild federal pens and its not as bad as people think. I can guarentee you if I took someone out to a quite barn back in the country I could cause enough pain to feel better..Course then I would hunt down the guys family and take them on a trip also. But then again I am a little nuts.
I have a feeling Jeffrey Dahmer would have you for lunch.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo