Author Topic: Transparency  (Read 4049 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Transparency
« on: July 27, 2016, 10:02:03 AM »
I am no Trump fan and I do think he's hiding something with his tax returns, but I have to give him props for his press conference today.  Took every question.  Dozens of questions. 

Contrast that to Hillary, whose last press conference was around December of last year, where she took about seven questions. 

I suspect Hillary will be as transparent as Obama if she is elected. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Transparency
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 10:08:14 AM »
I am no Trump fan and I do think he's hiding something with his tax returns, but I have to give him props for his press conference today.  Took every question.  Dozens of questions. 

Contrast that to Hillary, whose last press conference was around December of last year, where she took about seven questions. 

I suspect Hillary will be as transparent as Obama if she is elected. 

you're being dishonest AGAIN.......Hillary doesn't do a lot of press conferences because she always gives the media ready access...she does an awful lot of interviews and TV shows just not as one big collective group......over the past 25 years who has been more interviewed questioned, interrogated more than her?????????????????????

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2016, 10:09:55 AM »
I think Trump is hiding something else.

He's dodged a few direct questions or kind of side stepped them.

Hillary is playing the game she's always played... which is to say, shifty.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2016, 10:10:51 AM »
you're being dishonest AGAIN.......Hillary doesn't do a lot of press conferences because she always gives the media ready access...she does an awful lot of interviews and TV shows just not as one big collective group......over the past 25 years who has been more interviewed questioned, interrogated more than her?????????????????????

Bwahahahaa!  You liberal hack.  She doesn't give press conferences because she doesn't want to answer questions.  She is incredibly protected.  She has skated through the coronation.  I will be shocked if she has the kind of press conference Trump just had at any time before November.  No way she subjects herself to dozens of questions about her dishonesty.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2016, 10:12:33 AM »

He does talk over people and tries to bully them when he doesn't want to give a straight answer, but at least he stood up there and took their best shots.  Would love to see Hillary do that. 

TuHolmes

• Getbig V
  • Darkness is fated to eventually be destroyed...
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 10:14:24 AM »
He does talk over people and tries to bully them when he doesn't want to give a straight answer, but at least he stood up there and took their best shots.  Would love to see Hillary do that. 

Would be interesting to see that outcome.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2016, 10:36:07 AM »
Bwahahahaa!  You liberal hack.  She doesn't give press conferences because she doesn't want to answer questions.  She is incredibly protected.  She has skated through the coronation.  I will be shocked if she has the kind of press conference Trump just had at any time before November.  No way she subjects herself to dozens of questions about her dishonesty.  

sigh......WHAT CORONATION????????...Bernie Sanders pushed her to the limit and she's still having difficulty gaining the support of his supporters.....and again, regardless of your denial of reality Hillary has been pummeled and questioned for at least the last 25 years.....she even had to testify in front of conrgress a few times...there is nothing  we don't know about her....

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2016, 10:46:36 AM »
sigh......WHAT CORONATION????????...Bernie Sanders pushed her to the limit and she's still having difficulty gaining the support of his supporters.....and again, regardless of your denial of reality Hillary has been pummeled and questioned for at least the last 25 years.....she even had to testify in front of conrgress a few times...there is nothing  we don't know about her....

What coronation?  ::) 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 10:47:23 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 11:05:23 AM »

He refuses to answer if russian loans are keeping him afloat.  He keeps using the canned "I have no business with russia".

He won't say if the reports of him owning hundreds of millions to Russia are True or False. 

Trump's a very upfront and open guy - to dodge this question stands out. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2016, 09:36:07 AM »
Trump has held SIXTEEN formal press conferences this year – but Hillary's last one was 269 days ago!
Reporters have had 16 chances in 2016 to grill Donald Trump in free-for-all press conferences
Hillary Clinton's last such event was December 5, 2015 – 269 days ago
Since then, there have been three major terror attacks, Bernie Sanders became a phenomenon, the entire Democratic primary process played out, and the FBI issued a stinging rebuke over her classified emails
Clinton has given hundreds of interviews to hand-picked reporters but hasn't taken the full brunt of the press corps the way Trump has 
By DAVID MARTOSKO, US POLITICAL EDITOR FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
31 August 2016

Donald Trump has held 16 formal press conferences this year, while Hillary Clinton has gone 259 days without allowing the media to have a similar chance to ask her questions.

Clinton's last free-for-all presser was on December 5, 2015 – months before the first voters cast primary election ballots, and long before the FBI turned up the heat on her classified email scandal.

The lopsided press-conference scoreboard has become a consistent whipping boy for the Republican National Committee, which sends daily reminders to its largest media list.

'Clinton owes the American people explanations on a number of issues,' the RNC's reminder read on Tuesday.

The GOP email listed: '[W]hy she broke ethics agreements regarding foreign donations to her family foundation, why she gave preferential treatment to foundation donors as secretary of state, and why she should be believed that her off-the-books secret server wasn’t designed purely to cover up the shady pay-to-play politics between the State Department and her family foundation.'

'It’s time for Hillary Clinton to hold a press conference. Hillary Clinton has not held a press conference in 269 days.'

In the intervening months, there have been three major terror attacks – in Nice, France; Brussels, Belgium; and Orlando, Florida – and the entire Democratic primary process played out.

Reporters who are not in Clinton's tight and friendly orbit also have not had a chance to ask her in a press conference about the FBI's stinging rebuke over her classified emails, or about Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders' rise to prominence.

She has also not faced press-conference scrutiny about the hacked emails that exposed a plot inside the Democratic National Committee to clear a path for her to win the nomination, or about accusations that her State Department engaged in a 'pay for play' scheme to grant favors to Clinton Foundation donors.

Trump's press-conference tally was first compiled by NBC News, which put his number of press conferences at 17. One of those, however, consisted of a series of impromptu 'gaggles' for reporters touring a golf course with the GOP nominee in Aberdeen, Scotland.
The billionaire Republican had held a formal, pre-announced press conference a day earlier at his Trump Turnberry golf club on the opposite side of the country.

Trump's last presser was on July 27, a total of 33 days ago. That matches his longest stretch of days this year without holding one.
One day later, Clinton chief strategist Joel Benenson told ABC News: 'We'll have a press conference when we want to have a press conference. There's no problem with that.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3765680/Trump-held-SIXTEEN-formal-press-conferences-year-Hillary-s-one-269-days-ago.html#ixzz4Ivcx0sb1

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2016, 09:42:09 AM »
Hillcunt knows if she has a presser it will be wall to wall scandal mania the entire time

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2016, 08:03:53 PM »
Biden Offers Advice to Clinton: 'Open Up'
By Ritika Gupta   |   Tuesday, 06 Sep 2016

Putting forth a word of advice, Vice President Joe Biden asked Democrat nominee Hillary Clinton to "open up" and "show some passion to fix trust issues."

"My advice to Hillary always is, just open up, let them see your heart a little more. Because she has the heart," Biden told CNN in an interview that aired Tuesday on "New Day."

Clinton is leading Trump in most national polls, The Hill reported. However, just 35 percent of voters think she is more trustworthy than him, according to a new CNN/ORC survey, which shows the candidates virtually tied.

On being asked whether Clinton needs to further explain herself about the email controversy, Biden said, "The truth is Hillary knows it's a problem," Biden said. "And she's trying to figure out how to remedy it. And my advice to her — the best way to remedy it — is to talk about what you care about and talk about it with some passion. And people will see through it."

When asked about Clinton not being given a clean chit about "conflicts of interest" with the Clinton Foundation, Biden said, "I mean, look, the whole notion of how foundations function is now all of a sudden being put in play like it never was before."

"So I'm absolutely confident she is doing it by the book and I think she is going to figure out what she's going to say crystal clear to the American people about what the relationship between the family and the foundation will be from this point forward," he added.

"This is going to be the most negative campaign in the history of modern politics, I think," the vice president said.

"And so my question is, is anybody going to be able to break through what is just a — you know, sort of the notion of, a pox on both your houses?" he said. "And that's why you hear her talking more about explicitly what it is she's going to do, how she's going to change things."

Biden's comments come as polls show Donald Trump making up some of the ground he'd lost to Clinton in early August.

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/biden-advice-hillary/2016/09/06/id/746890/#ixzz4JXGGbTSK

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2016, 10:11:11 AM »
Demand for Health Transparency Increases for Clinton
By Brian Freeman   |   Sunday, 11 Sep 2016

Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton's medical episode at New York’s 9/11 memorial service Sunday morning has spurred calls for her to be more transparent about her health, and this time, so far, it is not her Republican opponent Donald Trump leading the charge.

Instead, calls for Clinton to be increasingly open about her health situation have come from reporters for The New York Times and The Washington Post, hardly publications that could be called in the Republican camp.

Adam Nagourney of The New York Times tweeted his concern about the incident soon after it happened.

Even several hours later when Clinton’s doctor announced that she was diagnosed with pneumonia on Friday, Nagourney was not satisfied with the disclosure.

Chris Cillizza of The Washington Post, who just a few days ago had played down Clinton coughing attack and said that was hardly evidence of bad health, admitted Sunday that this latest incident "will catapult questions about her health from the ranks of conservative conspiracy theory to perhaps the central debate in the presidential race over the coming days."

Cillizza said the Clinton campaign made it worse by not allowing any reporters to accompany her as she left the ceremony and waiting an hour and a half to make its first statement on the episode.

Cillizza wrote his article before the announcement that Clinton had come down with pneumonia two days earlier, but that update many hours later also apparently showed that the campaign’s first announcement had not given out all the information that was known.

The Independent also joined in the call for Clinton to become much more forthcoming about her health.

The paper appeared particularly disturbed that when Clinton did emerge from her daughter's Manhattan apartment a few hours after the incident she brushed off the health concerns by declaring "it was a beautiful day in New York."

It is unclear if the Clinton campaign’s later announcement that she has pneumonia will be enough to abate what many will say are larger health concerns.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Hillary-Clinton-health-transparency/2016/09/11/id/747706/

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2016, 10:17:11 AM »
He refuses to answer if russian loans are keeping him afloat.  He keeps using the canned "I have no business with russia".

He won't say if the reports of him owning hundreds of millions to Russia are True or False. 

Trump's a very upfront and open guy - to dodge this question stands out. 

What exactly is "canned" about Trump saying: "I have no business with Russia?" Seems to be a straight forward statement of truth. Unless you have proof that he is lying.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 10:30:10 AM »
What exactly is "canned" about Trump saying: "I have no business with Russia?" Seems to be a straight forward statement of truth. Unless you have proof that he is lying.

He refuses to say if he owes their banks any money.  When manafort was asked that specific Q, he just said he has no investments.  He wouldn't say no to loans.

If/when the details come out, it's likely we all learn russian banks lent trump millions and millions.  Which may explain why he was so quick to change policy to let them invade ukraine.

Do you have another explanation - why trump would buck party and national policy and ENCOURAGE commie expansion into new countries?  ???

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 10:33:21 AM »
He refuses to say if he owes their banks any money.  When manafort was asked that specific Q, he just said he has no investments.  He wouldn't say no to loans.

If/when the details come out, it's likely we all learn russian banks lent trump millions and millions.  Which may explain why he was so quick to change policy to let them invade ukraine.

Do you have another explanation - why trump would buck party and national policy and ENCOURAGE commie expansion into new countries?  ???

What is our current national policy???

I didn't see the US do anything about it, ya know, when IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED!
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 10:37:48 AM »

currently, the US opposes it.   As we should.  Trump reversing it was a HUGE warning sign. 

http://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/infographics/countries-react-to-russian-intervention-in-crimea.html

United States Opposes Russia
The U.S. says that Russia has invaded Crimea in violation of several accords protecting Ukraine’s sovereignty and territorial integrity. The U.S. agrees with the new Kiev government that the planned Crimea referendum on joining Russia violates the Ukrainian constitution and that any such vote should be held nationwide.
The U.S. wants the referendum to be canceled and Russia to pull back its forces to Russia or to authorized Russian bases in Crimea, where Russia maintains a major naval base that is home to its Black Sea fleet. On March 6, President Obama signed an executive order that authorizes sanctions on individuals and entities “responsible for violating the sovereignty and territorial integrity of Ukraine, or for stealing the assets of the Ukrainian people.”
“President Obama has been clear that we cannot allow Russia or any country to defy international law with impunity,” Secretary of State John Kerry said March 6 in Rome. “There’s no place in the community of nations for the kind of aggression and steps that we have seen taken in Crimea in Ukraine in these last days.”

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 10:42:37 AM »

Saying, "I have no business with Russia," would cover loans too, as
"loans" are part of business.

As for "invading" Ukraine, the problem here is that Ukraine has never been an independent country with definable, agreed upon borders. The Crimea was given to Ukraine by Khrushchev, who was ethnically Ukrainian, but it was a White Elephant gesture. The various regions of the Soviet Union, were complaining about all the resources going to Russia proper. So he increased the budgets for other places, especially Ukraine, then dumped the Crimea on them, that had to be paid for out of the Ukraine's newly increased budget. Crimea was never considered part of Ukraine before that. The two eastern provinces of Ukraine, have always been majority Russian, and it was only under the Soviet Union that they were declared part of Ukraine. That's when Commie expansion, added their form of Political Correctness, to define what was Ukraine.

None of that is Trumps fault.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 10:45:46 AM »
As the #1 superpower, we definitely have a problem with Russia expanding their power.

This isn't an obama/kerry thing.  This goes back decades and decades.  Viet fcking nam.

Trump is reversing policy going back to to the 1940s, pot WWII.   And the fact his campaign boss paul manafort actually worked for russia to create the ukraine invasion - I mean, we all see that connection too.

Trump has no strong feelings on most things outside of ISIS... yet he is willing to overthrow 70 years of bi-partisan support for keeping russia weaker.   

Sorry, but nobody here is going to stand up and say "yea, you're right, what the world needs is a stronger russia..."

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 10:46:59 AM »

NATO is working to keep Russia from taking over all its neighbors.

Trump wants us to 1) let them have ukraine, and 2) stop suporting the other nations who haven't paid dues - several of which, russia is ready to invade.

President Trump = Russia taking over 5 new countries during his reign.  Communism grows. 

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2016, 10:51:58 AM »
NATO is working to keep Russia from taking over all its neighbors.

Trump wants us to 1) let them have ukraine, and 2) stop suporting the other nations who haven't paid dues - several of which, russia is ready to invade.

President Trump = Russia taking over 5 new countries during his reign.  Communism grows. 

Current administration/NATO isn't doing jack shit to stop that now.
a

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2016, 10:52:28 AM »

Sorry, but nobody here is going to stand up and say "yea, you're right, what the world needs is a stronger russia..."

Actually, we truly need a stronger Russian ally, if we are going to defeat radical islamic terrorists. And we need a stronger China ally for that too.

I see you ignored my Ukraine post, LOL! You are clueless.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2016, 10:59:13 AM »
Actually, we truly need a stronger Russian ally, if we are going to defeat radical islamic terrorists. And we need a stronger China ally for that too.

I see you ignored my Ukraine post, LOL! You are clueless.

the USA benefits from a stronger russia and china huh?

LOL   oh boy. 

Erik C

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2016, 11:11:37 AM »
the USA benefits from a stronger russia and china huh?

LOL   oh boy. 

Yes, we do. And you are still are ignoring my Ukraine post.