Author Topic: Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold.  (Read 17588 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Obama voters in state of shock as 2% withholding hike takes hold.
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2013, 05:32:54 PM »
CURL: Obama supporters shocked, angry at new tax increases
The Washington Times online ^ | Sunday, January 6, 2013 | Joseph Curl
Posted on January 6, 2013, 7:23:49 PM EST by Reagan is King

Sometimes, watching a Democrat learn something is wonderful, like seeing the family dog finally sit and stay at your command.

With President Obama back in office and his life-saving “fiscal cliff” bill jammed through Congress, the new year has brought a surprising turn of events for his sycophantic supporters.

“What happened that my Social Security withholding’s in my paycheck just went up?” a poster wrote on the liberal site DemocraticUnderground.co m. “My paycheck just went down by an amount that I don’t feel comfortable with. I guarantee this decrease is gonna’ hurt me more than the increase in income taxes will hurt those making over 400 grand. What happened?”

Shocker. Democrats who supported the president’s re-election just had NO idea that his steadfast pledge to raise taxes meant that he was really going to raise taxes. They thought he planned to just hit those filthy “1 percenters,” you know, the ones who earned fortunes through their inventiveness and hard work. They thought the free ride would continue forever.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jan/6/obama-supporters-shocked-angry-new-tax-increases/#ixzz2HFCXe3pO

(Excerpt) Read more at washingtontimes.com ...

“_Alex™” sounded bummed. “Obama I did not vote for you so you can take away alot of money from my checks.” Christian Dixon seemed crestfallen. “I’m starting to regret voting for Obama.” But “Dave” got his dander up over the tax hike: “Obama is the biggest f***ing liar in the world. Why the f*** did I vote for him”?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2013, 05:37:40 PM »
That's true. For those who get paid twice a month, their last check was probably on the 28th, the 31st, or the 2nd. Either way, that's December 2012 pay, not January 2013 pay.

That article just echoed what I said earlier:

A whole new wave of Obama supporters still don’t even know: They’ll get their first 2013 paychecks on the 15th of the month. So when you’re shooting the breeze in the lunchroom with your grumbling co-workers on the 16th, just ask them, “Who’d you vote for in November?” When they say Mr. Obama, just tell them: “Well, you got what you voted for. You did know he was going to raise taxes, right?”

The looks on their faces will be priceless.
r

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #227 on: January 07, 2013, 08:57:09 AM »

A whole new wave of Obama supporters still don’t even know: They’ll get their first 2013 paychecks on the 15th of the month. So when you’re shooting the breeze in the lunchroom with your grumbling co-workers on the 16th, just ask them, “Who’d you vote for in November?” When they say Mr. Obama, just tell them: “Well, you got what you voted for. You did know he was going to raise taxes, right?”

r

It was hilarious to see some of the people that attend the church I go to have that empty look in their eyes. No matter how much I warned them during bible study, some of them were too ignorant and voted for the failure sitting in the white house.

When I stood in front of them last Friday I said, "Well, you people didn't actually believe Obama when he said he wasn't going to raise taxes on the so called middle class. Did you? Wait until the government needs more money in the future to keep afloat that trainwreck called obamacare. Word to the wise. The government never gives anything for free. Someone has to pay for it. And guess who is going to pay?"

One of the biblical passage we were studying was 1 Kings 12:4. Taxes has always been controversial.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #228 on: January 07, 2013, 08:59:27 AM »
It was hilarious to see some of the people that attend the church I go to have that empty look in their eyes. No matter how much I warned them during bible study, some of them were too ignorant and voted for the failure sitting in the white house.

When I stood in front of them last Friday I said, "Well, you people didn't actually believe Obama when he said he wasn't going to raise taxes on the so called middle class. Did you? Wait until the government needs more money in the future to keep afloat that trainwreck called obamacare. Word to the wise. The government never gives anything for free. Someone has to pay for it. And guess who is going to pay?"

One of the biblical passage we were studying was 1 Kings 12:4. Taxes has always been controversial.

lol.   I see it on my facebook w delusional obama drones.  Dumb can not even begin to describe the false narratives, lies, and bogus nonsense these tools believe in. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2013, 03:09:26 PM »

r

if he didn't know then he's just a moron ( no shortage of them in either party)

What I don't understand it why the Repubs and the rest of the media didn't blame Obama for RAISING taxes the day he signed the 12 month TEMPORARY REDUCTION of the payroll tax

Maybe because at that time it hadn't occurred to them to pretend to be upset about this

That's my assumption

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2013, 03:11:45 PM »
lol.   I see it on my facebook w delusional obama drones.  Dumb can not even begin to describe the false narratives, lies, and bogus nonsense these tools believe in. 

sounds like you

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2013, 03:21:45 PM »
sounds like you

that can been seen in this entire thread

Obama (and Dems and Repubs) sign a temporary payroll tax cut (initially only supposed to last 12 months but instead last 24 months) and all brain dead Repubs can do is pretend it's a tax increase because payroll tax rates went back to the exact same level they were the day Obama took office

I wonder why no reporter from Fox News has had the balls to ask Obama why he was raising taxes in this regard in any press conference in the last two years

Could it be because his fellow reporters would laugh him out of the room and he would look like a complete fool on national TV

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2013, 03:27:20 PM »
New rules.

stop whining

did you see how many times the "new rules" were violated in this thread

did you see me saying anything about it?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »
stop whining

did you see how many times the "new rules" were violated in this thread

did you see me saying anything about it?

You mean because people said you were insane or delusional based upon some of the things you posted?

I don't think that's on the same level at all.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2013, 04:24:59 PM »
You mean because people said you were insane or delusional based upon some of the things you posted?

I don't think that's on the same level at all.

now if I were 333 I'd piss and moan about the "new rules" but I don't give a shit

I don't understand why no sharp reporter has jumped on this in the last two years and asked Obama why he was violating his 2008 campaign statement, when he (and Dems and Repubs) temporarily lowered the payroll tax.

You'd think someone would have asked him this by now

It's so obvious

he's had plenty of press conferences, interviews etc.. and this is such a blatant lie that you think someone would have jumbed on it and made a name for themselves (of course that name would have been douchebag or moron but so what)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2013, 05:12:55 PM »
now if I were 333 I'd piss and moan about the "new rules" but I don't give a shit

I don't understand why no sharp reporter has jumped on this in the last two years and asked Obama why he was violating his 2008 campaign statement, when he (and Dems and Repubs) temporarily lowered the payroll tax.

It's so obvious

he's had plenty of press conferences, interviews etc.. and this is such a blatant lie that you think someone would have jumbed on it and made a name for themselves (of course that name would have been douchebag or moron but so what)

That's a good question actually... I wonder why myself.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2013, 05:16:54 PM »
That's a good question actually... I wonder why myself.

the answer is in my post

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2013, 05:24:25 PM »
the answer is in my post

I do not see it.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2013, 05:28:19 PM »
I do not see it.

It's so obvious

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #240 on: January 07, 2013, 05:28:27 PM »
I love the geniuses on this board who are so desperate to find something to piss and moan about that they have to pretend that Obama (and don't forget Dems and Repubs) raised their taxes

I've said this many times now

A discount expired

that's all that happened

Taxes are the same now as the day Obama made that statement in 2008

Taxes have not gone up though I understand the people on this board will continue to cry about it

Because you continue to lie about it.  The 3.8% on investment income is an increase.  Not one that everybody will pay, but an increase nonetheless.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #241 on: January 07, 2013, 05:30:26 PM »

Because you continue to lie about it.  The 3.8% on investment income is an increase.  Not one that everybody will pay, but an increase nonetheless.

are you referring to real estate or something else ?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #242 on: January 07, 2013, 05:32:02 PM »
The only lie is the one you keep telling straw... You are in fact the ONLY person on this board willing to continue telling it!

Not one SINGLE OTHER Obama fan is willing to stoop SO low.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #243 on: January 07, 2013, 05:34:23 PM »
are you referring to real estate or something else ?

Applies to capital gains, interest, dividends, maybe rent income.  Don't know all.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #244 on: January 07, 2013, 05:37:22 PM »
The only lie is the one you keep telling straw... You are in fact the ONLY person on this board willing to continue telling it!

Not one SINGLE OTHER Obama fan is willing to stoop SO low.

I've made my point of view VERY CLEAR

you choose to interpret Obama's quote in a particular way (one which I consider to be completely stupid) and I choose to interpret it in another way

you consider "increase" to mean if the rate is temporarily lowered and then brought back to the place it started as an "increase"

I consider an increase to be an actual increase from the original starting point i.e. a true net increase and not an expiration of a discount

Most people would completely understand this which is why no reporter in his right mind would get on national TV and make a fool of himself by asking Obama about your chosen perspective on the words "increase"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #245 on: January 07, 2013, 05:37:54 PM »
I've made my point of view VERY CLEAR

you choose to interpret Obama's quote in a particular way (one which I consider to be completely stupid) and I choose to interpret it in another way

you consider "increase" to mean if the rate is temporarily lowered and then brought back to the place it started as an "increase"

I consider an increase to be an actual increase from the original starting point i.e. a true net increase and not an expiration of a discount

Most people would completely understand this which is why no reporter in his right mind would get on national TV and make a fool of himself by asking Obama about your chosen perspective on the words "increase"

Yes... YOU ARE A LIAR.

We are all very very clear on that.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: January 07, 2013, 05:38:22 PM »

It's so obvious

1.  Obama never takes questions from the press.  

2.  The press has never questioned obama - why start now ?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #247 on: January 07, 2013, 05:39:03 PM »

Applies to capital gains, interest, dividends, maybe rent income.  Don't know all.

you don't know all yet you're making the claim

how about getting some specifics

you seem to have a specific figure of 3.8% which has been debunked MANY TIMES in the last two years as it pertains to Real Estate Transaction

I'm sure you are aware of that so you must not be referring to Real Estate so what exactly are you referring to

You may actually have a valid point here but how about some specific details

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #248 on: January 07, 2013, 05:40:04 PM »
1.  Obama never takes questions from the press.  

2.  The press has never questioned obama - why start now ?

of course he doesn't   ::)

why would you believe anything different

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #249 on: January 07, 2013, 05:40:48 PM »
Yes... YOU ARE A LIAR.

We are all very very clear on that.

no I'm not

I told you EXACTLY how I arrived at my conclusion and there is NOTHING FALSE about it