Author Topic: What's the point of spending a lot of money on super powerful cars?  (Read 10155 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
I really don't get why people cream in their pants and spend huge sums of money for cars that have 300+ HP.  Pakis buying M5 sedans, of chicks driving the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

There is NO POINT to these cars.  Driving in the city or freeway, you are subjected to traffic and speed limits.  It's not like you can drive 200 mph anywhere but a race track.  Most any car is fine for around the town.  Sure it's  a status symbol, but really cars are status symbols for douchebags.

It would be the most frustrating thing driving a super fast car and trolling along at 10 mph in rush hour traffic or being stuck behind slow drivers all the time.  I would be a ticking time bomb that once I see open road I'd hit top speed then either crash and die or get pulled over and lose my license.

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
Re: What's the point of spending a lot of money on super powerful cars?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:38:49 AM »
i asked this question in the midst of a pointless discussion between guys talking about cars they could never afford

they thought my question was dumb

but i'm sure inside they knew i was right

HockeyFightFan

• Getbig V
  • Getgay is Beneath Me
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 07:43:19 AM »
I really don't get why people cream in their pants and spend huge sums of money for cars that have 300+ HP.  Pakis buying M5 sedans, of chicks driving the Porsche Cayenne Turbo S.

There is NO POINT to these cars.  Driving in the city or freeway, you are subjected to traffic and speed limits.  It's not like you can drive 200 mph anywhere but a race track.  Most any car is fine for around the town.  Sure it's  a status symbol, but really cars are status symbols for douchebags.

It would be the most frustrating thing driving a super fast car and trolling along at 10 mph in rush hour traffic or being stuck behind slow drivers all the time.  I would be a ticking time bomb that once I see open road I'd hit top speed then either crash and die or get pulled over and lose my license.

Because they can.

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 07:47:47 AM »
Unless you can afford to drive Porsche Cayenne Turbo S - the question is pointless. I suggest you to try out one of these for some time if you really want to find out "why?".. ;)

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 07:48:50 AM »
85% of the cars in America are leased or financed. How fucking pathetic. Who was it that decided the type of car you drive dictates how happy or successful you are? Nothing could be further from the truth.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2012, 07:49:24 AM »
It is very frustrating having an overpowered car which you cannot floor except occasionally.

I bought a mercedes cls 55 amg a few years back. Supposed to hit 60mph in 4.5 seconds.  If you floored it you would just spin the wheels and the traction control would cut in.  Total frustration like fuckin without bein able to reach climax.

I traded it for a cls 350 with half the power. Still can hit  60mph in 6.5 seconds but you can actually redline it without getting into  a massive wheelspin or cutting out with the traction control kicking in.

Many cars these days are too powerful to be fun.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2012, 07:50:44 AM »
The point is, because you can.
Some may reward themselves. Others maybe enthusiasts who want more than just a plebeian car. Others want to stand out from the rest.

Is there a point where there is too much power? Perhaps. We are seeing a lot of "wrecked exotics" due to people having the money to buy them, but not the skill to drive them. This is escalating in places like China, and the Chinese are being known in circles for wrecking Ferraris and Lambos---and not just in China, but traveling to Italy.
Point blank, there is a market, and manufacturers cater to this market. And when there is competition, the car makers get into horsepower wars. Just like in the 60s with the muscle cars. Also, many cars are "halo" cars and can be used to get you into the show room, and you out the door with a less expensive model.

Another thing is, with many of the super cars, the tech that they have will trickle down to the regular cars.
But, now we have entered a new era, where hybrid drives were used for lower end models to gain better fuel economy, now this tech is being used on the forthcoming Mclaren P1, Ferrari F70, Porsche 918 Spyder. So, it will be interesting how these cars use this technology, and how this will springboard cars that will be insanely mind boggling.

And another reason, to get more ass...

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2012, 07:52:48 AM »
If I have enough money to buy one in CASH and then still have massive amount left over, then I will give it a try.

But if I ever have to pay off the bank for how many years, then no way hahah

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2012, 07:54:44 AM »
It is very frustrating having an overpowered car which you cannot floor except occasionally.

I bought a mercedes cls 55 amg a few years back. Supposed to hit 60mph in 4.5 seconds.  If you floored it you would just spin the wheels and the traction control would cut in.  Total frustration like fuckin without bein able to reach climax.

I traded it for a cls 350 with half the power. Still can hit  60mph in 6.5 seconds but you can actually redline it without getting into  a massive wheelspin or cutting out with the traction control kicking in.

Many cars these days are too powerful to be fun.

You shoul've got this one (or a model that's one generation lower). 4x4 has quite a better "start" in that sense

hrspwr1

• Getbig III
  • flirtin with disaster everyday
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2012, 07:58:45 AM »

I had a really stout early 5.0 mustang I wound up getting rid of because of that.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2012, 08:09:19 AM »
You mention the Porsche Cayenne, I was talking to my wife about one the other day. I drive a truck and her a Highlander, but I told her I would like to spoil myself in the near future with one of those, or a Mercedes SUV.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2012, 08:19:02 AM »
Because they can.

If you have to ask, you wouldn't understand.
This, exactly this.
Driving high performance cars on the open road is a feeling like no other. If you're concerned about speed limits then it's not for you.

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2012, 08:21:27 AM »

No point at all on less yer an AttentionHoe

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 08:22:18 AM »
No point at all on less yer an AttentionHoe
Believe it or not, some people actually drive fast cars to DRIVE them, not to show off.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 08:23:30 AM »
Cars are for losers. Here's what I drive:
The answer is "yes".

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2012, 08:26:14 AM »
Cars are for losers. Here's what I drive:

like the giant monitor lizard in Star Trek

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2012, 08:26:37 AM »
I think the quote below could help us understand why some men love super powerful cars. Obviously, some of the highlighted information below relates to weightlifting, but you get the point. Could easily replace "weightlifting" with "super powerful cars."

Girls and sons who have not been loved by their fathers seek attention once teens and adults to compensate for what they didnt have originally. Fathers either left them alone, or were distant most of the time and not encouraging them. Some even despised them which would shape their personality and the way they d interact with others for the rest of their life.
They are extremistic in everything they do, always looking exageratly for attention, and have troubles adapting to society's rules, because they also have troubles defining their own identity and respecting authority and hierarchy.

Also boys who got picked on by others during childhood and adolescence -often sons without a father figure- try to compensate by lifting weights, to develop muscles and survive in ther male world. They re insecure because they re girly, childish, feminine having been raised by a single mom. They lift obsessively hoping it will transform them into men, to compensate for their lack of influence from a father figure that was not there. Unfortunaltey they can get as big as they can it doesnt cure their insecurity and who they truly are, how they grew up being raised by a single mom. They re no as manly as other men whatever they do, and they often have a big lack of masculine presence they dont know how to balance, hence often being borderline homosexuals while trying to get their manhood back thru various manly activities (mma, cars, weight lifting etc). They are often the ones that, in order to get respect from other males will go the steroids route to get even "bigger" attemptint to cure their insecurity , but being natural not being "enough", they still feel "too small", insecure, amongst other males. The lack of a father figure also often means they didnt have guidance to continue studies and are often working shitty manual jobs.
X

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 08:32:05 AM »
I agree, cars are the wort investment (regarding deterioration, maintainance costs,...) you can make.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 08:36:53 AM »
What's wrong with a nice new BMW or Audi?

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2012, 08:41:01 AM »
What's wrong with a nice new BMW or Audi?
I agree, cars are the wort investment (regarding deterioration, maintainance costs,...) you can make.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2012, 08:42:22 AM »

I mean in comparison to the hassle of driving a huge supercar.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2012, 08:49:06 AM »
What's the point moving out of your mom's basement and getting your own place and finding a woman - when staying and jerking off is just fine?

the trainer

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2012, 08:57:29 AM »
I have big muscles and a big dick when some fat fuck drives around town in a exotic car with a hot girl you know i am fucking her in the bathroom.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2012, 09:34:22 AM »

Why that should be an "investment"?
Oh, and "pay back" may be an emotional one, so - invaluable..

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2012, 09:38:47 AM »
When you have more money than you know what to do with, you end up wasting large amounts on bullshit.