Author Topic: Gaspari's Halordol and Novedex to be discontinued  (Read 2325 times)

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Gaspari's Halordol and Novedex to be discontinued
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 08:35:17 AM »
This is BULLSHIT!
I don’t mind the govt. holding companies responsible for label claims, but...

“Safety” is more of a gray area.
Anything “can” be dangerous to your health given certain conditions.
The issue of safety leaves the interpretation door too wide open for regulation IMO.

The biggest problem I have with this type of govt. regulation is: look at the type of pressure it puts on everyone.
It’s no coincidence that Gaspari’s products were not cited in last year’s FDA raid. He’s one of the industry’s top companies, and I don’t believe that he simply slipped under the radar.

There’s nothing in either of those formulas that is a banned substance. Yet, the NYPD placed them on their list of “prohibited nutritional products.”

Gaspari’s response:
Gaspari Nutrition has voluntarily included warnings on its Halodrol and Novedex XT products to advise against taking these products if the consumer is subject to drug testing, because consuming the products may cause false positives…
The warnings may be why the New York City Police Department has chosen to include Halodrol and Novedex XT on a list of products that employees should not consume.

So, it’s not enough to prohibit the use of banned substances – now we’re going to prohibit the use of safe & legal substances that provide results comparable to their illegal OTC counterparts?

Think about that – they’re not banning substances because of their ingredients, but because of their effects/results.
This mentality is pressuring good companies like Gaspari enough to discontinue (out of fear) the production of safer, effective alternative products.

This snowball is gaining dangerous momentum, and it stands to destroy a lot more in its path before it stops.

pac-man

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 09:08:11 AM »
Ya its getting pretty silly.  

I certainly can't say I blame Gaspari for making the decision he made.  I probably would have done the same thing knowing the potential legal costs.

It's pretty damn sad that it becomes a bad thing that you go to the gym to better yourself.  Products that might assist you in your efforts become banned yet its cool to drink and smoke yourself to death.  

If the government want to crack down on something in this industry how bout false claims and adverisements which the industry is loaded with.  

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 09:49:31 AM »
There are soooooo many other, BETTER issues these asshole politicians could address right now.

Does anyone actually sleep better at night knowing that "big brother" spent millions of $$ of taxpayers' money on man hours & the latest technology examining the top 10 selling vitamin packs?