Author Topic: Be There's OFFICIAL May '17 Competition Thread  (Read 150270 times)

Simple Simon

Re: Be There's OFFICIAL May '17 Competition Thread
« Reply #275 on: May 27, 2017, 09:00:35 AM »
Haha!  What happened to putting blue circles over your face?  ;D

No disrespect to your fellow competitors at all, but in that particular shot it's hard to fathom how you came 3rd....  I can see the muscularity of the other guys, sure, but structurally/aesthetically I'd pick you as my favourite (nh) even if I didn't 'know' you...  no BS.

(And I am SO tempted to pop you next to Zane in the same pose...  :D 8))

I got outed a long time ago... ;D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #276 on: May 27, 2017, 11:25:41 AM »
I got outed a long time ago... ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist the comparison...  8)
T

jannekassen

« Reply #277 on: May 27, 2017, 12:44:47 PM »
fantastic build, looking great at any age. And looking this good without 6 grams per week? Unheard of  :D

NelsonMuntz

• Getbig V
  • Getbigs Most Positive Member March&October 2017
« Reply #278 on: May 27, 2017, 12:58:18 PM »
Look great Be There, congrats
"

Simple Simon

« Reply #279 on: May 27, 2017, 03:32:20 PM »
Did that youtube vid of the show ever come back online?

dont think so, I think they are selling it now...

OLKE_TEXAS

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Muscle Radio
« Reply #280 on: May 28, 2017, 01:12:54 PM »
winners line up from my last show

I forgot about this thread. Great showing bro. Really impressive.
You looked bigger compared to earlier competitions.
O

Simple Simon

« Reply #281 on: May 28, 2017, 03:59:37 PM »
I forgot about this thread. Great showing bro. Really impressive.
You looked bigger compared to earlier competitions.
thanks, I was at my best ever to be honest, I think I was better than when I won the show in 96

Some last week prep from Illuminati really dialled me in this time.
Going to be working with him for the next year to prep for a show in november and hopefully qualify for next years Britain.

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #282 on: May 29, 2017, 03:49:42 AM »
Awesome keep it up

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #283 on: May 29, 2017, 09:01:29 AM »
You look great man,and you got fucking robbed!  :(

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #284 on: May 30, 2017, 09:35:33 AM »
You look great man,and you got fucking robbed!  :(
X2...

Simple Simon

« Reply #285 on: May 30, 2017, 11:55:20 AM »
just going to work hard this next twelve months, make sure I make some improvements, looking towards November to get some chest thickness and round out the delts a bit, also work on the hams and glutes, I need to get a bit of size on my hams and quads.
Always conscious of my low back disc problem though, need to up my weight a bit on the stiff leg deads, slowly but surely.

Henda

• Getbig V
« Reply #286 on: May 30, 2017, 12:11:42 PM »
Sorry, couldn't resist the comparison...  8)

Good comparison jeffley looks awesome in that shot, and to think the man once modestly claimed to be ugly, the mans a fucking hunk !

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #287 on: May 30, 2017, 12:13:10 PM »
Good comparison jeffley looks awesome in that shot, and to think the man once modestly claimed to be ugly, the mans a fucking hunk !
:o

Simple Simon

« Reply #288 on: May 30, 2017, 01:13:36 PM »
Im not what you call handsome, I wouldnt go as far as ugly... ;D

Im attractive, I have a way about me that courts female attention. ;)

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #289 on: May 30, 2017, 06:09:27 PM »

And clearly men too, you f**king hunk !   :-*  (joke Henda ;))

Since when did faces matter anyway?  We all know it's about that beautiful moment when the shirt comes off and people a) had no idea and b) try desperately to appear like they haven't noticed (the blokes)

8)
T

Taffin

• Getbig V
« Reply #290 on: May 30, 2017, 06:13:50 PM »

But seriously, check out the similarity of the limb balance between our man and The Chemist - it's not just that we all recognise one of Zane's signature poses when we see it, it's the fact that the proportions and lean mass distribution on both men are pleasing to look at in the same way...  (OK, I'm drifting towards Homo Island here so I need to change course, but you get what I mean....)

T

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #291 on: June 01, 2017, 09:33:26 AM »

Wes likey................... ....slurp !!   :-*

Pure unadulterated homo!!  LOL  :D

Nether Animal

• Getbig V
  • Team Mower Forever
« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2017, 11:38:24 AM »
Wes likey................... ....slurp !!   :-*

Pure unadulterated homo!!  LOL  :D

Outed!

Waller

• Getbig IV
« Reply #293 on: June 18, 2017, 05:32:57 AM »
You made it into The Beef mate (a totally no homo UK bodybuilding mag).

Simple Simon

« Reply #294 on: June 29, 2017, 02:25:32 PM »
You made it into The Beef mate (a totally no homo UK bodybuilding mag).
cheers will have a look for one...

Evo

• Getbig IV
  • you racku disapwin!
« Reply #295 on: October 10, 2017, 04:43:58 AM »
place third behind Paul Rowe and Bernie Cooper, got an invite to the Britain in 4 weeks, on holiday Monday for a week then will decide about the Britain...

Certainly no shame in that.

Bernie Cooper is/was a good friend of mine.  My first serious training partner and mentor in BBing.  Top man who defies age.

Rascal full

• Getbig IV
« Reply #296 on: October 11, 2017, 05:41:47 AM »
Damn, sorry I missed this thread.....that will teach me for not being positive!

Great showing mate, this was obviously a massive success and inspiration for us all. What show you doing next? Have you decided?

Edit....sorry just seen you are doing one in November. Good luck!!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #297 on: October 11, 2017, 02:09:27 PM »
Thanks Be There. Even though you are younger than I am, your physique is inspirational. I'm off to the gym now.  :)

BEEFYHEAVYWEIGHT

• Getbig IV
  • Grimek
« Reply #298 on: February 11, 2018, 12:32:33 PM »
I have no idea how in the hell I just noticed this entire thread. I am beside myself considering that I have been actively following your 2 other threads on this Positive Forum. So much incredible stuff on this thread that I am only now catching up on.

I have to say.....You look absolutely PHENOMINAL!!! Seeing these competition photos are an absolute inspiration to me and the posts and info contained within are inspiring me to think about competing again for something regional  this summer.

I  havent competed since the late 90's and am in my late 40's now. But man....I am beyond impressed with your physique and conditioning in these competitions.  You have tremendous balance to your physique and you really know how to pose and display your physique.  I hate when people try to make comparisons but for some reason...I am reminded of the physique of 1988 Berry DeMey in a lot of your poses, especially the one with bicep flexed and other arm reaching overhead with hand fanned open. Very very impressive body my man. And you clearly got robbed. You look to be the only man onstage that knows how to pose. These other guys look like they are preparing to take a crap onstage...lol. Great job. Truly looking forward to your upcoming shows.

be back

« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2018, 01:45:17 PM »
I have no idea how in the hell I just noticed this entire thread. I am beside myself considering that I have been actively following your 2 other threads on this Positive Forum. So much incredible stuff on this thread that I am only now catching up on.

I have to say.....You look absolutely PHENOMINAL!!! Seeing these competition photos are an absolute inspiration to me and the posts and info contained within are inspiring me to think about competing again for something regional  this summer.

I  havent competed since the late 90's and am in my late 40's now. But man....I am beyond impressed with your physique and conditioning in these competitions.  You have tremendous balance to your physique and you really know how to pose and display your physique.  I hate when people try to make comparisons but for some reason...I am reminded of the physique of 1988 Berry DeMey in a lot of your poses, especially the one with bicep flexed and other arm reaching overhead with hand fanned open. Very very impressive body my man. And you clearly got robbed. You look to be the only man onstage that knows how to pose. These other guys look like they are preparing to take a crap onstage...lol. Great job. Truly looking forward to your upcoming shows.

thanks for the kind words.

I was only going to do last years show then retire, I got a lot of really good feedback which changed my mind, a lot said I reminded them of the 90s, it was then when people actually put effort into presentation.
I have got my music ready for this year and am going to put together a routine this time, I normally wing it.
I did a routine last year but my music didn't play and they played some shitty rock track they used about 10 times that day.

It pisses me off that the posing round isn't scored, it would force people to make an effort if they thought their placings would be affected.

They should score muscularity, symmetry and posing as 3 separate entities, no calves, marked down, poor conditioning, marked down, lack of balance marked down, fist pumping, marked down.