Author Topic: Prison diets  (Read 16563 times)

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
Prison diets
« on: June 07, 2011, 08:25:01 PM »
I worked as a state correctional officer here in Florida for a few years before moving on to become a Probation Officer for a time.  For most of that time, I worked as Food Service Officer.  The state prides itself on saving money especially when it comes to its large inmate population.  Here's a sample menu for the day:
Breakfast: One "gulp" of horrid tasting fruit juice, sometimes flaccid bacon, a small scoop of eggs, an orange(every fucking day an orange with every meal), a scoop of grits, and a cup of milk.
Lunch:  A small sandwich, scoop of rice, scoop of old beans, an orange, bug juice...
Supper:  4 ounces of meat..a chicken thigh was considered a real treat...scoop of rice or potatoes, a fuckin' orange, mixed vegetables, a cookie or desert-alternative.  On some days if you had the right "cooks", they'd season up the foods taken from various flavored Ramen noodle packages.

There were some big strong dudes out there.  Many possessed what some on the street would call "ideal" physiques.  They would definately stand out in a crowd of normal people.  There was an exercise yard with free weights and simple machines, nothing fancy.  There was a canteen(store) that you could purchase things like sardines and beef jerky(the only items that had any sort of protein/nutritional content), but you were limited by how much of it you could get.  So how did a lot of these fellas build their physiques in such a way when they did not or have limited access to proper bodybuilding diets and drugs?

The prison was in the middle of nowhere.  I would live there for 3-5 days of the week at a time in a BAQ.  Nearest town was 20 minutes away, and there wasn't shit in it.  However, there was a nice gym nearby the BAQs for the officers that no one but apparently me really used.  I'd get the key from Central, bring my Boombox(yes a boombox), and lift.  I did the proper diet...protein equal to bodyweight, 3 cardio sessions per week, 5 balanced meals per day.  I lifted mostly for strength and fitness, and for vanity too.  I was decently sized and in great shape(never knew when you might get your head kicked in).  However, I did not have the size or strength of a lot of the bigger inmates who obviously got on by on a lot less, especially when it came to mealtime.  

Genetics are a bitch I guess.  Some have 'em, others don't.  I'm just wondering if the nutrition formula is wrong outside of professional bodybuilding.  I've always been meaning to go on a "prison diet" (with higher quality ingredients intended for non-inmate consumption, of course) with much less protein intake and lesser meals but still lift the same.  Ah, well.  Thanks for letting me ramble on.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Prison diets
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:48:11 PM »
I worked as a state correctional officer here in Florida for a few years before moving on to become a Probation Officer for a time.  For most of that time, I worked as Food Service Officer.  The state prides itself on saving money especially when it comes to its large inmate population.  Here's a sample menu for the day:
Breakfast: One "gulp" of horrid tasting fruit juice, sometimes flaccid bacon, a small scoop of eggs, an orange(every fucking day an orange with every meal), a scoop of grits, and a cup of milk.
Lunch:  A small sandwich, scoop of rice, scoop of old beans, an orange, bug juice...
Supper:  4 ounces of meat..a chicken thigh was considered a real treat...scoop of rice or potatoes, a fuckin' orange, mixed vegetables, a cookie or desert-alternative.  On some days if you had the right "cooks", they'd season up the foods taken from various flavored Ramen noodle packages.

There were some big strong dudes out there.  Many possessed what some on the street would call "ideal" physiques.  They would definately stand out in a crowd of normal people.  There was an exercise yard with free weights and simple machines, nothing fancy.  There was a canteen(store) that you could purchase things like sardines and beef jerky(the only items that had any sort of protein/nutritional content), but you were limited by how much of it you could get.  So how did a lot of these fellas build their physiques in such a way when they did not or have limited access to proper bodybuilding diets and drugs?

The prison was in the middle of nowhere.  I would live there for 3-5 days of the week at a time in a BAQ.  Nearest town was 20 minutes away, and there wasn't shit in it.  However, there was a nice gym nearby the BAQs for the officers that no one but apparently me really used.  I'd get the key from Central, bring my Boombox(yes a boombox), and lift.  I did the proper diet...protein equal to bodyweight, 3 cardio sessions per week, 5 balanced meals per day.  I lifted mostly for strength and fitness, and for vanity too.  I was decently sized and in great shape(never knew when you might get your head kicked in).  However, I did not have the size or strength of a lot of the bigger inmates who obviously got on by on a lot less, especially when it came to mealtime. 

Genetics are a bitch I guess.  Some have 'em, others don't.  I'm just wondering if the nutrition formula is wrong outside of professional bodybuilding.  I've always been meaning to go on a "prison diet" (with higher quality ingredients intended for non-inmate consumption, of course) with much less protein intake and lesser meals but still lift the same.  Ah, well.  Thanks for letting me ramble on.

Good post!

I posted something like this and people here claimed all these giant guys in prison have steroids smuggled in.  ::)  I call bullshit.

I'm interested in what you're saying, and want to know more.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 08:48:18 PM »
steroids?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 08:58:37 PM »
Theory: Men that produce higher test levels naturally are more likely to end up in prison making the percentage of jacked guys in prison much higher?

D_1000

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 09:02:49 PM »
Theory: they have found additional ways of protein intake, anally or orally.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2011, 09:04:02 PM »
Theory: they have found additional ways of protein intake, anally or orally.

tbombz has some interesting theories on anally consuming protein.  :-[

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2011, 09:05:33 PM »
Because protein needs aren't as high as you think.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2011, 09:07:03 PM »

Exactly. People can grow just fine on well under 100 grams of protien per day.

The protien scam is just another hustle to make idiots spend more money.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2011, 09:07:52 PM »

I agree with this, the general public has been mislead on training methods as well!

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2011, 09:09:18 PM »
Post pics of those guys here without the background info and every expert here, esp. gh15, will roll their eyes and tell you how those guys are all on Jay Cutler's stack, lol

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2011, 09:13:59 PM »
I worked as a state correctional officer here in Florida for a few years before moving on to become a Probation Officer for a time.  For most of that time, I worked as Food Service Officer.  The state prides itself on saving money especially when it comes to its large inmate population.  Here's a sample menu for the day:
Lunch:  A small sandwich, scoop of rice, scoop of old beans, an orange, bug juice...
Supper:  4 ounces of meat..a chicken thigh was considered a real treat...scoop of rice or potatoes, a fuckin' orange, mixed vegetables, a cookie or desert-alternative.  On some days if you had the right "cooks", they'd season up the foods taken from various flavored Ramen noodle packages.

There were some big strong dudes out there.  Many possessed what some on the street would call "ideal" physiques.  They would definately stand out in a crowd of normal people.  There was an exercise yard with free weights and simple machines, nothing fancy.  There was a canteen(store) that you could purchase things like sardines and beef jerky(the only items that had any sort of protein/nutritional content), but you were limited by how much of it you could get.  So how did a lot of these fellas build their physiques in such a way when they did not or have limited access to proper bodybuilding diets and drugs?

The prison was in the middle of nowhere.  I would live there for 3-5 days of the week at a time in a BAQ.  Nearest town was 20 minutes away, and there wasn't shit in it.  However, there was a nice gym nearby the BAQs for the officers that no one but apparently me really used.  I'd get the key from Central, bring my Boombox(yes a boombox), and lift.  I did the proper diet...protein equal to bodyweight, 3 cardio sessions per week, 5 balanced meals per day.  I lifted mostly for strength and fitness, and for vanity too.  I was decently sized and in great shape(never knew when you might get your head kicked in).  However, I did not have the size or strength of a lot of the bigger inmates who obviously got on by on a lot less, especially when it came to mealtime.  

Genetics are a bitch I guess.  Some have 'em, others don't.  I'm just wondering if the nutrition formula is wrong outside of professional bodybuilding.  I've always been meaning to go on a "prison diet" (with higher quality ingredients intended for non-inmate consumption, of course) with much less protein intake and lesser meals but still lift the same.  Ah, well.  Thanks for letting me ramble on.

Wow, a diet that is better then most people who live below the poverity line in North America and better then anyone in a 3rd world nation . . . none of which ever committed a crime. A " fuckin' orange " indeed!!!

THE BEEF

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2011, 09:16:32 PM »
Sorry, but by the theroies of "they have nothing else to do but lift, eat and sleep and have naturally high testosterone levels" then college students would be the biggest people around.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2011, 09:22:42 PM »

Depends on how much carbs you have in your diet...As carbs are protein sparing...Notice the prison diets ar all fairly high carb...

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2011, 09:26:29 PM »
 The high protein diet is only necessary if you are on steroids, because the steroids change the way that your body processes the protein and your muscles can use more of it.

If you're a natural, you will literally just shit and piss most of the protein right back out if you eat a high protien diet.

Also it's unhealthy. Hard on the kindneys and other organs. But I know most of you fellas don't really give a shit about your health so that isn't an issue for most people.

Personally, I always got bigger results from eating a diet high in complex carbs. High protien never made much difference. If I eat a fat plate of pasta every day though that'll give me good gains. But when I was eating meat 3x per day it didn't really help me much at all. Just toxified my body a lot.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2011, 09:44:59 PM »
I'm sure some steroids were smuggled in(the majority of contraband brought into the system comes from C.O.s), but it certainly was not rampant.  At least the prison that I worked at the biggest problem's were cell phones, prison buck, and marijuana.

I think the truth was already said by PJim...massive intake of protein is just a money scam. 

Obesity is an epidemic amongst those that live below the poverty line, not necessarily lack of food.  Why do you always see a glut of fast food joints within and around poorer neighborhoods?  WICs always been spent on soda, chips, and candy.  To feed a family of four from McDonalds would cost at least 25-30 bucks..I"m sure you could buy skinless chicken breasts, fresh vegetables, and a few pieces of fruit for less than that to feed the family of four for less.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2011, 09:52:46 PM »
What if someone gets hungry between those "meals"?

I would imagine meal portions arent that big in there.

Must suck to be hungry all the time.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 10:17:36 PM »
What if someone gets hungry between those "meals"?

I would imagine meal portions arent that big in there.

Must suck to be hungry all the time.

i was in county jail for a day about a month ago

the diet was this=

breakfast= one mini carton milk, little bit of eggs, piece of fruit, some "oatmeal".

lunch= balogna sandwish (2 slices bread two slices balogna) piece of fruit, carton of milk.

dinner=  potatoes in gravy with a tiny bit of ground beef.  bread roll. macaroni & cheese. carton of milk.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2011, 10:22:49 PM »

the diet was this=

breakfast= one mini carton milk, little bit of eggs, piece of fruit, some "oatmeal".

lunch= balogna sandwish (2 slices bread two slices balogna) piece of fruit, carton of milk.

dinner=  potatoes in gravy with a tiny bit of ground beef.  bread roll. macaroni & cheese. carton of milk.
No wonder they are "ripped" in there. lol too little food. I would kill myself.  ;D

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2011, 10:27:17 PM »
it's the high carb in prison diets. cheap food is almost always carbs

Stavios

« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 10:29:19 PM »

the diet was this=

WHAT

people here in prison can make a little grocerie with the money they earn in prison from working or whatever way they can make money

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 10:34:27 PM »
I used to work in detention facility, and there were dudes who'd get locked up,and they'd used their time to work out...when they did their time, they'd be ripped up and muscular as hell. Whig was diff than when they went in...some were bulked up, but not as nearly as big as they were before.

Also saw a dude whose triceps in terms of thickness for their size were off the meter. And all he did was dips and handstand pushups off the wall...I asked what he did, and he said he would do the pushups very slowly and hold them in the mid range, and flex real hard.

I had talked to a nurse who had worked in Rikers island and she said that there are tons of ripped up diesel dudes there...

stormshadow

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2011, 11:42:06 PM »

Lets see a picture of how "jacked" you are on 100 grams of protein.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:10 PM »

LOL, yes.

Blackfag is living proof how big and ripped you can become with a shitty diet and bodyweight exercises.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:38 PM »

I look the same as I did on 200 grams.

It's all about genetics. The protien makes almost no difference.