Author Topic: NY Pro: Is BB.com and Pro BB weekly do a live webcast?  (Read 9560 times)

Determinator

• Getbig IV
Notice that I didn't delete it....I'm working overtime on not giving a shit what you think.
Chick, this year we will have, as live webcasts, just 4 pro shows: IM, Arnold, Europa and the O (as well as a delayed NPC (wow!!!)

Last year we had :IM,Arnold, NY, colorado, keystone, europa and the O. How as the budget gone down so much that we are missing out on so many this year? Okay the keystone isn't on, but it's embarrassing if your namesake Tampa/pro bodybuilding weekly pro hasn't even got a webcast??
Is this a case of promotors deciding that less people will attend the shows if it's broadcasted on line? I bet that there is a NY pro DVD released to further cash in...?
America and indeed the world is a large place. People can't be expected to travel across the states, or indeed from the four corners of the world to watch the shows in person. I, and i am sure that many fans are very,very disappointed in the decision to bypass certain webcasts and it does nothing for promoting the sport. These days we see less webcasts, cancelled shows, no European circuits, the list goes on. It should be a given that EVERY stateside show has got a webcast, either live or delayed, but in its entirety. From what I can see, the sport is only going one way:backwards.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Chick, this year we will have, as live webcasts, just 4 pro shows: IM, Arnold, Europa and the O (as well as a delayed NPC (wow!!!)

Last year we had :IM,Arnold, NY, colorado, keystone, europa and the O. How as the budget gone down so much that we are missing out on so many this year? Okay the keystone isn't on, but it's embarrassing if your namesake Tampa/pro bodybuilding weekly pro hasn't even got a webcast??
Is this a case of promotors deciding that less people will attend the shows if it's broadcasted on line? I bet that there is a NY pro DVD released to further cash in...?
America and indeed the world is a large place. People can't be expected to travel across the states, or indeed from the four corners of the world to watch the shows in person. I, and i am sure that many fans are very,very disappointed in the decision to bypass certain webcasts and it does nothing for promoting the sport. These days we see less webcasts, cancelled shows, no European circuits, the list goes on. It should be a given that EVERY stateside show has got a webcast, either live or delayed, but in its entirety. From what I can see, the sport is only going one way:backwards.

We've had no issues with promoters thinking ticket sales will go down...the numbers have been going UP since we started to webcast...IMO, the perfect way to advertise what we do and what were all about. Every other sport televises their games on TV...people still attend.

It wasn't my call to cut back on webcasts....when we sit down at the next meeting, we'll go over the numbers and see if it's worth continuing, and meets the needs of the company....in a perfect world, we would webcast as many pro shows as possible, but the ends haveto justify the means...production costs are much more than anyone thinks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: NY Pro: Is BB.com and Pro BB weekly do a live webcast?
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2008, 10:02:22 AM »
no European circuits

The 2008 Euro Grand Prix show/city list has not been announced yet.

When it does, you'll be eating your words.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2008, 10:08:14 AM »
The 2008 Euro Grand Prix show/city list has not been announced yet.

When it does, you'll be eating your words.

What is with your infatuation with the european shows? You've brought this up at least a dozen times now....

They're working on a few new ones, if they get put together in time...great. If they don't they don't....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2008, 10:23:40 AM »
What is with your infatuation with the european shows? You've brought this up at least a dozen times now....

They're working on a few new ones, if they get put together in time...great. If they don't they don't....

No infatuation here.  I just think it'd be a better idea to come out with the schedule before the season.  Seems weird to be halfway thru the season and there is still no word on shows.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: May 09, 2008, 06:29:53 PM »
So True 240 don't let him Bully you ask what the Fuk you want Chick says in 2009 that they are going to webcast every Pro show.Now that I want to see, Australia and New Zealand are waiting Chick HAHAHAHAHAHHA.Next you will be telling us you know a good Pros Rep.

New Hank Wood

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: May 09, 2008, 10:07:11 PM »
is there clear answer on this....seems to just keep going around in circles.

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2008, 12:17:00 AM »
Asking if it had anything to do with "money" indicates perhaps it was too expensive, or we couldn't afford it, etc. By explaining in more detail that it had everything to do with "budget", indicates to anyone with a brain, that there are other factors involved and that monies are alloted to many different things...

I'm not surprised this was over your head...

I found it a little unclear, although your explanation here summarizes is well.

Is BB.com still projecting 124 million this year in sales given the economic recession and cost of raws going up?  If so, I think that is awesome, but just thought I would ask.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2008, 01:17:15 AM »

Is BB.com still projecting 124 million this year in sales given the economic recession and cost of raws going up?  If so, I think that is awesome, but just thought I would ask.

Translation = Will I still be able to cash my check right away, or do I need to hold on to it for a bit (and make sure the funds are there)?
HAHA, RON.....

Determinator

• Getbig IV
We've had no issues with promoters thinking ticket sales will go down...the numbers have been going UP since we started to webcast...IMO, the perfect way to advertise what we do and what were all about. Every other sport televises their games on TV...people still attend.

It wasn't my call to cut back on webcasts....when we sit down at the next meeting, we'll go over the numbers and see if it's worth continuing, and meets the needs of the company....in a perfect world, we would webcast as many pro shows as possible, but the ends haveto justify the means...production costs are much more than anyone thinks.
Thank's for the reply Bob, but from a fans point of view, the webcasts are very much enjoyed and appreciated. Hence, are sorely missed when absent.
With regard to you stating that you'll "go over the numbers at your next meeting and see if it's worth continuing," if this infers that the webcasts may be dropped in their entirety, well, that would be a very,very black day. The casts are great and having to go back to a few shots on line would be a monumental step in the wrong direction.
PS, I assume that there will be a webcast for the O this year?

Bodybuilding.com Webmaster

• Getbig II
  • The World's Most Visited Bodybuilding Site
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2008, 09:25:36 AM »

Still on track! Been a great year!
Most Popular BB Site Online!

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2008, 11:41:11 AM »
Still on track! Been a great year!

That's great to hear.  Maybe this recession isn't as bad as they say or maybe it will just take a while longer to get here.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2008, 11:50:58 AM »
Matt why isn't www.bodybuildingpro.com providing any webcasts?

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2008, 03:45:09 PM »
I'm currently at the show and I HARDLY SEE ANYBODY. this show needs a huge makeover, seriously, it's dead.
Get Big, or Die Trying

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2008, 04:16:18 PM »
I'm currently at the show and I HARDLY SEE ANYBODY. this show needs a huge makeover, seriously, it's dead.

total audience count, in your best estimation?

or can you snap a pic of crowd? they rarely do