Author Topic: Deca usage and long-term fertility  (Read 6370 times)

Hereford

• Getbig V
Deca usage and long-term fertility
« on: July 28, 2008, 03:55:45 PM »
Does anybody know for sure if Deca usage will cause long-term infertility?  If so, are there real medical sources that support or refute that answer?

There are answers on this board both ways.

Is it an issue of amount used? Time on cycle?

H

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
Re: Deca usage and long-term fertility
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 04:11:21 PM »
Does anybody know for sure if Deca usage will cause long-term infertility?  If so, are there real medical sources that support or refute that answer?

H

Deca is no different than any other anrogenic/anabolic steroid.  They can all cause infertility if abused.  It's rare even among probodybuilders.  And the chances increase if you come off.  Infertility is not the same as sterility either.  The only thing I can see is that nandrolone's metabolites stay in the body for a long time after cessation of use. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 04:28:20 PM »
"They all cause infertility if abused"

Define 'Abused'.

"And the chances increase if you come off"

Chances for conception increase? Or chances for infertility?

Thanks!

H

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2008, 05:21:49 PM »
"They all cause infertility if abused"

Define 'Abused'.

"And the chances increase if you come off"

Chances for conception increase? Or chances for infertility?

Thanks!

H

Well staying on all year round or using high doses that are unnecessary.  Doing more than your body can handle.  I know if I don't come off cold turkey for atleast 6 months after every 2-3 cycles I'm making inroad into my health and long term hormonal viability.  It comes down to common sense.  I know guys that will break out in acne, start to lose their hair, experience all the side effects and what do they do?  Take another drug to mask or stop the side effects instead of coming off or decreasing their dose.  That to me is abuse. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2008, 10:04:04 PM »
Well, I guess it becomes a question of how much is too much?

Will 300mg/wk mess a guy up? What amounts are 'abuse', and begin to ruin natural long-term hormone levels?

4thAD

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2008, 10:06:48 PM »
Well, I guess it becomes a question of how much is too much?

Will 300mg/wk mess a guy up? What amounts are 'abuse', and begin to ruin natural long-term hormone levels?

300mg ew is actually a low dose as far as bb standards go. You should be fine off of 300mg ew. This is why you will want blood work done before and after cycle. Maybe even during cycle.

DieHards

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 11:15:46 PM »

H

as said any gear that is abused can cause long-term infertility.   now i have heard of this happening with a few people while on deca.  the prob i see is that deca is a slow builder unlike test.  some people to reap the benifits of deca run it for about 10-12wks.  i have heard people being on it for 22wks or longer :o. and some of the doses were low.  ill see if i can find the article where it goes deep into it.

its a issue with both amount and time  and it goes for ne drug.

abc123

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2008, 02:58:09 AM »
300mg ew is actually a low dose as far as bb standards go. You should be fine off of 300mg ew. This is why you will want blood work done before and after cycle. Maybe even during cycle.

Personally, I think on cycle testing is the most important to see how much the drugs affect your lipid profiles, liver etc.