Author Topic: Is Jordan the only athlete that ever lived up to or surpassed the hype?  (Read 8382 times)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
Re: Is Jordan the only athlete that ever lived up to or surpassed the hype?
« Reply #125 on: March 27, 2014, 03:25:53 PM »
In all sports Ive watched. I can only think of one athlete who was simply godlike in his abilities, and literally surpassed his hype, and that's Michael Jordan.Whenever his team had the equal or best record in the playoffs, they won.Jordan raised his scoring in the playoffs and took his game to next level, remaining the best u til he retired from the bulls.

bolt has been disappointing since his world record, seemingly coasting on natural abilities

Federer has lost his advantage whenever nadal , murray and dkokovic raised their game

Don't know enough about Gretzky , but from what I've read a peak Lemoiux was just as good

Babe Ruth played with stiffs, some fat dude in the twenties being the best, come on

Anyone who is being real watching football (soccer) knows its way too much of a team game for one player to dominate, sans short spells from pele, maradonna and messi

Bubka was dominant so I read,maybe someone can clarify but its a simple sport of planting a pole and launching, sure it's difficult to attain but I can see why someone can master it and be dominant

F1 is all down to the car

Ali lost too many times to make a case, same with Robinson

yes indeed.....this man always meet expectation as a player and he lived up to the hype.....I remember games 7 in the playoffs between Indiana pacers and Chicago bulls and Larry bird was coaching the pacers at that time.....this was one of the most hyped game 7 playoffs game and Jordan had a subpar game, but his intensity, his will to win was unmatched.....he had only 17 points in the game, but he was yelling, puffing at anyone of his teammates who would not match his intensity and remind them of what's at stake......I'd say Jordan lived for the Hype

flinstones1

• Getbig V
  • levroneflinstonee
« Reply #126 on: March 27, 2014, 03:37:37 PM »
alot of guys say .albert puljos was a bust but most dont realize he  wasn't drafted until the 13th round.
l

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #127 on: March 27, 2014, 04:04:46 PM »
two of the biggest busts in nfl history........Lawrence Phillips and trev alberts.