Author Topic: If Bodybuilding is NOT a sport......  (Read 8612 times)

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Re: If Bodybuilding is NOT a sport......
« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2008, 06:30:28 PM »
Recently, I overheard a current IFBB pro refer to himself as a "professional athlete". He was being praised for always keeping a calm demeanor and a smile on his face. He said..."I am a professional athlete and I cannot allow things to bother me. I have problems like everyone, but I can't get stressed out and allow it to affect my body."
It actually caught me a little off guard and I did'nt know what to think. I still don't know what to think. I grew up playing all sports, even college and minor league baseball. I'm a little old school...basketball, football, baseball, etc are sports and it requires "athletes" to play them...however, I can understand folks who say things like golf are sports. I mean, it does take a certain athletic movement to swing the club and the use of hand-eye coordination...Bodybuild ing, ummm I'm not quite sold on that being a sport that requires athletes to perform in it. Jesus christ, how many needles can these guys stick in their bodies? I actually find steroid use a little pathetic :-\

Great post. Couldn't agree more....it's silly that these drug abusers refer to themselves as athletes, when there's nothing athletic about posing in a thong.

One thing I disagree with about your post; Golf is NOT a sport. 60 year olds can do it. Next thing you know, sweeping and mopping will be sports too.
HAHA, RON.....

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2008, 06:32:28 PM »
ALL of the sports you referred to use roids.

Remember, ESPN, the "Sports Network" regularly (and pathetically) features Poker championships and crosswords championships. 
Yeah, agreed...but they still have to perform athletic movements to play the sports...I don't consider dancing, flexing, posing, or gyrating across a stage athletic movements

Moosejay

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2008, 06:32:48 PM »
George Blanda played pro football until he was, I believe, 55 years old.

Given his age, he was not, then, an athlete?

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2008, 06:34:20 PM »
Great post. Couldn't agree more....it's silly that these drug abusers refer to themselves as athletes, when there's nothing athletic about posing in a thong.

One thing I disagree with about your post; Golf is NOT a sport. 60 year olds can do it. Next thing you know, sweeping and mopping will be sports too.
how 'bout shuffleboard? haha ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2008, 06:34:33 PM »
Yeah, agreed...but they still have to perform athletic movements to play the sports...I don't consider dancing, flexing, posing, or gyrating across a stage athletic movements

Well, my target in the post was hunting.

I am ambivalent as to the sportingness that is bb.

The training definitely takes athleticism.

Many, many lift, many, many suck at lifting.

Some are than, less 'athletic' at it than others, perhaps

Moosejay

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2008, 06:48:21 PM »
Maybe some of yoiu have seen that new 'sport' where kids take plastic cups, stack and unstack them as quicly as possible?

ESPN says=SPORT

Sassyclassywoman

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2008, 06:49:56 PM »
Recently, I overheard a current IFBB pro refer to himself as a "professional athlete". He was being praised for always keeping a calm demeanor and a smile on his face. He said..."I am a professional athlete and I cannot allow things to bother me. I have problems like everyone, but I can't get stressed out and allow it to affect my body."
It actually caught me a little off guard and I did'nt know what to think. I still don't know what to think. I grew up playing all sports, even college and minor league baseball. I'm a little old school...basketball, football, baseball, etc are sports and it requires "athletes" to play them...however, I can understand folks who say things like golf are sports. I mean, it does take a certain athletic movement to swing the club and the use of hand-eye coordination...Bodybuild ing, ummm I'm not quite sold on that being a sport that requires athletes to perform in it. Jesus christ, how many needles can these guys stick in their bodies? I actually find steroid use a little pathetic :-\

I have so much respect for bodybuilders.  Bodybuilding is expensive and difficult.  I also think it involves talent because it's all about figuring out how to maximize your best features but also bring up your bad parts.  The diet has to be right.  The conditioning has to be planned right.  Even the drugs need to be done right or you end up like (kamali).  I think its the most unique, riskful, but rewarding sport there is known to man.

Moosejay

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2008, 06:51:25 PM »
So, have we decided that hunting is NOT a sport?

They call themselves 'sportsmen', not athletes.....?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2008, 07:39:39 PM »
bodybuilding is a sport

E
E

The Coach

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2008, 09:41:57 PM »
Shut up Earl, it is not. I've been telling you this for years!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2008, 09:43:54 PM »
i would say... weightlifting = sport; bodybuilding = lifestyle

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2008, 09:46:27 PM »
Shut up Earl, it is not. I've been telling you this for years!!

Coach may not know much about being successful in matrimony, but he absolutely knows what is and isn't a sport.  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2008, 09:55:10 PM »
Maybe some of yoiu have seen that new 'sport' where kids take plastic cups, stack and unstack them as quicly as possible?

ESPN says=SPORT

ESPN is just entertainment for drunks and people with low IQ's. Have you ever sat thru one of their shows in the past 3 to 4 years? It's just awful. They try too hard....half the time the anchors are making stupid jokes that aren't funny. Some are just obnoxious (like that black dude with the lazy eye).

I couldn't care less what ESPN thinks is a sport. Shit, they televise the fucking Spelling Bee for chrissake! Fuck, even Poker, something drunks do to pass the time..... ::)
HAHA, RON.....

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2008, 11:23:07 PM »
By definition bodybuilding is a sport. 
S

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2008, 11:41:33 PM »
Hunting is not a sport either.  I don't how much of a sport it is when you can hide in trees and shoot an unsuspecting animal from almost a mile away. Want to make hunting a sport.  Hide in a tree and when the bear walks by, jump on his back and kick his ass and then kill him with your bare hands. 

I've always wanted to do this.

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2008, 12:49:41 AM »
By definition bodybuilding is a sport. 

Hi Earl. Nice gimmick.

That definition is out dated. If we went by the definition you (Earl) throw out there, fucking, shitting and spitting would be sport as well.
HAHA, RON.....

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2008, 01:12:43 AM »
moose i don't believe it is a sport because B.B. is subjective it is all what the judges look for. what is the in style physique?
 how shawn ray never won a olympia is just bizzare. not a great person at that time but he should have 1

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2008, 01:24:01 AM »
My friend shot this one recently.  A big boy

His parents must be proud of him.  ::)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2008, 01:33:51 AM »
Hi Earl. Nice gimmick.

That definition is out dated. If we went by the definition you (Earl) throw out there, fucking, shitting and spitting would be sport as well.

I'm not Earl, I don't even know who that is so shut your cock holster!
S

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2008, 01:39:38 AM »
I'm not Earl, I don't even know who that is so shut your cock holster!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!
HAHA, RON.....

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2008, 01:42:11 AM »
To be honest I copied the line "shut your cock holster" from someone else on getbig.  Thought it was funny as hell. :D
S

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2008, 01:57:14 AM »
coach is a big loser....a bitter man..bitter cause he competed and lost

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2008, 02:06:48 AM »
To be honest I copied the line "shut your cock holster" from someone else on getbig.  Thought it was funny as hell. :D

It is funny!  ;D
HAHA, RON.....

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2008, 04:47:39 AM »

The young Masai warriors face lions with just a spear-compare that with a coward lurking in the bush with a gun shooting an animal a mile off. The animal has no chance of retaliation in most cases and won't even see its killer. Brave..real brave.  ::)

In Japan a Karate practioner (his name escapes me ) faced a wild charging boar with his bare hands and killed it. He did get an nice long scar from the boars tusks as a souvenir. He later went on to create his own form of Karate. That took guts when he could just as easily have been maimed or killed. 

You wanna be a badass hunter? Go hunt terrorists in Afghan/Iraq. Do the world a favor instead of killing animals who pose no threat to you.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2008, 04:55:13 AM »
Hunting is not a sport - it is a pursuit.

Bodybuilding is not a sport - it is a lifestyle.