Author Topic: Lightweight champion...what the fuck does this mean?  (Read 5161 times)

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
Lightweight champion...what the fuck does this mean?
« on: December 08, 2008, 08:12:56 PM »
Seriously, lightweight is for those that cant gain mass like a real pro (coleman nasser wheeler ruhl etc)... why is lightweight considered when bodybuilding is all about heavyweight? To me , lightweight is the way to not make feel bad those who are small (reffer to nick visicaro).

fuck lightweight category

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: Lightweight champion...what the fuck does this mean?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 08:16:44 PM »
Maybe you should study what bodybuilding was originally meant to be.

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 08:19:51 PM »
Seriously, lightweight is for those that cant gain mass like a real pro (coleman nasser wheeler ruhl etc)... why is lightweight considered when bodybuilding is all about heavyweight? To me , lightweight is the way to not make feel bad those who are small (reffer to nick visicaro).

fuck lightweight category

I agree. It pisses me off when guys like Zack Khan can't get a pro card, but a guy that's 145lbs can just because they award the lightweight class a pro card. Fucking stupid.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 08:22:12 PM »
Maybe you should study what bodybuilding was originally meant to be.

the original idea is long time gone herr klaus

I agree. It pisses me off when guys like Zack Khan can't get a pro card, but a guy that's 145lbs can just because they award the lightweight class a pro card. Fucking stupid.

spot on canadian_muscle

bentone

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 08:25:09 PM »
You folks are morons. Chances are if any of you stood next to Marvin Ward you would look like a sack of crap. I am a light heavyweight but think that the Nationals & USA in more fun to watch because of the weight classes. There are lots of great physiques out there that will never win the Olympia.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 08:27:32 PM »
You folks are morons. Chances are if any of you stood next to Marvin Ward you would look like a sack of crap. I am a light heavyweight but think that the Nationals & USA in more fun to watch because of the weight classes. There are lots of great physiques out there that will never win the Olympia.

are you a competitor?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 08:35:43 PM »
You sound like you have "small mans syndrome".
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 08:38:15 PM »
You sound like you have "small mans syndrome".

do you agree that LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT doesnt sound right at all? seriously, LIGHT & HEAVY at the same time, what the fuck is that? is like, IM SMALL AND TALL ...light heavyweight was introduced for all the guys not responding good to anabolics, thats my take (also for delusionals)

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 08:39:54 PM »

Marvin Ward looks awesome, I never said the lightweights didn't look good. I just think it's stupid when guys that could actually do damage as pro's never get the chance. Look at Bob Chic, Rory Leidelmeyer, Vinny Galanti, Matt Mendenhall, Edgar Fletcher, and plenty of other names I could mention... these guys either never got their cards, or got them late. They all would've done well in the pro's, as opposed to the guys that win their card and never use it because they can't hang with the pro's. Vinny just got his card this year and was pro material 10 years ago.

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 08:42:03 PM »

How can you be LIGHT+HEAVYWEIGHT at the same time? are you high on drugs?

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2008, 08:45:57 PM »
Unfortunately I have been asked to give my two cents here....I also agree that we need to weed out the "little men" and make room for the "big boys" of the sport....the sport is suffering also due to this fact that people dont want to pay money to see "normal" small people even if they have huge muscles.....they want to see freaks with SIZE, HEIGHT, AND MUSCLE freakiness....the post earlier showing really tall bodybuilders was awesome....I am 6'3 225 and am nowhere suggesting I look anything like these guys but I believe BIGGER IS BETTER and some of these small statured and short framed guys are boring and nothing people want to really see....these guys take spots from ths big guys that look more impressive and could help the sport grow and get out from behind the shadows....

TBUNZEE

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2008, 08:47:15 PM »
CASE CLOSED "OWNED" AS SOME USE ON HERE....

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2008, 08:50:44 PM »
Unfortunately I have been asked to give my two cents here....I also agree that we need to weed out the "little men" and make room for the "big boys" of the sport....the sport is suffering also due to this fact that people dont want to pay money to see "normal" small people even if they have huge muscles.....they want to see freaks with SIZE, HEIGHT, AND MUSCLE freakiness....the post earlier showing really tall bodybuilders was awesome....I am 6'3 225 and am nowhere suggesting I look anything like these guys but I believe BIGGER IS BETTER and some of these small statured and short framed guys are boring and nothing people want to really see....these guys take spots from ths big guys that look more impressive and could help the sport grow and get out from behind the shadows....

do you think its respectable to have a "lightweight" division or actually a "light heavyweight" division? light+heavy dont go along what the fuck is this joke?

Jadethegladiator

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2008, 09:27:38 PM »
Competitors in all of the weight classes have my respect.  If you earn your pro card, you are a pro.....it's that simple.  So what if a bantam or lightweight doesn't win the title?  :)               

benz

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 09:28:41 PM »
Competitors in all of the weight classes have my respect.  If you earn your pro card, you are a pro.....it's that simple.  So what if a bantam or lightweight doesn't win the title?  :)               

sorry but this "lightweight" thing sounds like a very bad joke

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »
if you guys had your way, Ken Jones would have never got a pro card. what would pro bodybuilding be without him?  haha

turnerg31

• Getbig III
  • Take that Bitches!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2008, 09:53:25 PM »
Unfortunately I have been asked to give my two cents here....I also agree that we need to weed out the "little men" and make room for the "big boys" of the sport....the sport is suffering also due to this fact that people don't want to pay money to see "normal" small people even if they have huge muscles.....they want to see freaks with SIZE, HEIGHT, AND MUSCLE freakiness....the post earlier showing really tall bodybuilders was awesome....I am 6'3 225 and am nowhere suggesting I look anything like these guys but I believe BIGGER IS BETTER and some of these small statured and short framed guys are boring and nothing people want to really see....these guys take spots from ths big guys that look more impressive and could help the sport grow and get out from behind the shadows....
Your kidding right?  I think some of us are confused about what it will take to bring our sport "out from behind the shadows".  It definitely is not the Mass Monster.  We have to realize that the number op people who follow our sport is very slim.  The general public has no desire to see the freakish muscle and pure bulk of todays mass monsters.  Our sport has a much better chance of moving towards the mainstream by moving toward the more aesthetic physiques with nice lines and symmetry, regardless of the size.  Just so happens that the smaller bodybuilders seem to display these traits more than the mass monsters. Obviously this is still bodybuilding so there has to be a good mix of size and symmetry but the days of pure mass have shown that this is not what the mainstream desire to see.  I'd like to see a good mix of size and symmetry but I'm sure the under 200 competitions will bring an increased following in itself and more than likely bring our sport more into the mainstream then it has ever been before.

PT

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2008, 01:20:27 AM »
Your kidding right?  I think some of us are confused about what it will take to bring our sport "out from behind the shadows".  It definitely is not the Mass Monster.  We have to realize that the number op people who follow our sport is very slim.  The general public has no desire to see the freakish muscle and pure bulk of todays mass monsters.  Our sport has a much better chance of moving towards the mainstream by moving toward the more aesthetic physiques with nice lines and symmetry, regardless of the size.  Just so happens that the smaller bodybuilders seem to display these traits more than the mass monsters. Obviously this is still bodybuilding so there has to be a good mix of size and symmetry but the days of pure mass have shown that this is not what the mainstream desire to see.  I'd like to see a good mix of size and symmetry but I'm sure the under 200 competitions will bring an increased following in itself and more than likely bring our sport more into the mainstream then it has ever been before.

PT
You are in good shape Pat .what do you weigh mate?

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2008, 03:38:54 AM »

PT

im sory like, but thats utter bullshit,,,,,,,, only people that watch bodybuilding are bodybuilders, or family and freinds of bodybuilders that go to support ther brother/husband etc etc.... no one out side of the sport will ever follow it no matter how small or big we get,, thats a fact!!!!!
Now what happens when youve got and audience bigger than the competitors on stage?..they stop paying and dont bother watching,, i wouldnt pay to watch a bunch of blokes that are smaller than me, no matter how nice there lines are, you go to a show to be blown away

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2008, 03:40:55 AM »
i also think the usa should stop awarding pro cards to every class and award to the overall and a top placing heavy like they do in every other country!!!!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2008, 04:40:20 AM »
I too think they should get rid of weight classes.  Let the tiny tits stand next to the full grown men and get embarrassed.  It's that simple.

BuffD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2008, 04:58:13 AM »
i also think the usa should stop awarding pro cards to every class and award to the overall and a top placing heavy like they do in every other country!!!!

They don't.  Only at Nationals does every class get a Pro Card.  At the USA's you have to win the Overall or be 2nd in the Overall.  At the North Americans you have to win the Overall.  Just think if they eliminated classes like the Light Heavies Dexter Jackson would have never been a Pro.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2008, 05:00:29 AM »
I too think they should get rid of weight classes.  Let the tiny tits stand next to the full grown men and get embarrassed.  It's that simple.

they should get a height division.

midget BB and men's BB.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2008, 05:05:47 AM »
they should get a height division.

midget BB and men's BB.

Yes DK, for sure.  I used to advocate the over 6' area in our gym and the under 6' for the children.  Bruno applied this and it was a hit.  The little guys had their own separate door, one of those short doors like for childrens stores...they were very happy.

barrettaswine

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2008, 05:22:04 AM »
I can remember way back in 1979,yeah i'm that old, Franco was in a vitalis commercial talking about "the pump" a non aresol hairspray for men. Yup, national TV!!! Frank Zane was mr. O and on wide world of sports.People knew these guys. Ask anyone in your office or place of work who is this years mr.O.  bigger is better?????????????????