Author Topic: George Forman Grill  (Read 6400 times)

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: George Forman Grill
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2013, 12:41:37 PM »
On the foreman grill you have to remove them just at the right time or else tgey dry out quickly.
Foreman grills always burn out in less than a year if used daily.
Bake chicken in the oven, easier and tastier

This!

broil it a little if you like a little crunch or get a real grill. foremans are garbage for grilling

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2013, 12:51:54 PM »
Man, do you people even know how to cook??  The only thing I'll use my Foreman Grill on is maybe some burgers or Tofu but with some time and patience you can make some awesome recipes. 

I make a number healthy culinary dishes using bone broth made from oxtails, beef tallow, coconut oil, etc.  Go to a bookstore and grab a few cookbooks or ask True Adonis.  You don't have to dull your tastebuds to get in shape
A

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2013, 05:09:35 PM »
You should get a nuwave oven.

Beats the foreman grill!

www.nuwaveoven.com

X2...................... ..

I bought this 1 year ago and never used a grill again.

Phillip Rhee

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2013, 05:23:47 PM »
Man, do you people even know how to cook?? 

No, not really. That's where my George Foreman Roaster comes in handy. It's the easiest way to cook bar none.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2013, 05:25:23 PM »

i give wife money.  she buys and cooks whatever she likes.  if i dont like it, i can do it my damn self :)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 08:34:00 PM »

I do the same with Flank Steak except I brown it in the pan to lock in the juices.  Easiest way to cook ;D

Adds texture and flavor and gives a flat piece of meat like a steak a nice pink center but searing does not 'lock in' juices.  That's a myth.  You're not going to stop steam pressure with searing.  

And juices aren't necessarily good.  Notice how the best steaks in restaurants never leak blood onto the plate, even if cooked rare.  Dry aged beef.

Do you even cook?

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2013, 01:49:45 AM »
Use Parchment paper when using the grill. Much easier to clean.

Wash the grill with a wet sponge while the grill is still hot. Cleans easily using this method.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2013, 04:41:19 AM »
Adds texture and flavor and gives a flat piece of meat like a steak a nice pink center but searing does not 'lock in' juices.  That's a myth.  You're not going to stop steam pressure with searing.  

And juices aren't necessarily good.  Notice how the best steaks in restaurants never leak blood onto the plate, even if cooked rare.  Dry aged beef.

Do you even cook?

Searing the meat helps it retain juices IN THE SLOW COOKER.  Whenever I don't, its not as flavorful. 

Flank Steak is tough and it needs a lot of cooking time to get it to break down which is why I use the slow cooker.  Once its cooked, I slice it up and put it in the fridge.  When I'm ready to cook it, I throw it in the pan, add of the flank steak broth and its delicous
A

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2013, 08:40:48 AM »

Searing the meat helps it retain juices IN THE SLOW COOKER.  Whenever I don't, its not as flavorful. 

Flank Steak is tough and it needs a lot of cooking time to get it to break down which is why I use the slow cooker.  Once its cooked, I slice it up and put it in the fridge.  When I'm ready to cook it, I throw it in the pan, add of the flank steak broth and its delicous
How do cook Chitlins Vince?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2013, 10:36:27 AM »

i give wife money.  she buys and cooks whatever she likes.  if i dont like it, i can do it my damn self :)

She's got the right attitude!

;D
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2013, 10:37:53 AM »

I don't find flank tough at all.  Hot grill - 7 min per side = perfect.  Cut on the bias.
:

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2013, 10:38:05 AM »
Lack if americans on this thread.

Grill chicken get a new Infra-red Charbroil grill. Awesome.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2013, 10:39:58 AM »

Do you even cook?

^ this
BUT - brown food does taste good

:P
:

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2013, 10:45:39 AM »
^ this
BUT - brown food does taste good

:P

Total bullshit.  Best steakhouses seared the fuck out of their steaks on 1000 degree plus burners.  The key to no blood is the food rests a while before they deliver it to the table.

For juicy chicken, you must do two things.

1. Buy breasts on the bone.
2. Brine the bitch

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2013, 10:46:14 AM »
Use Parchment paper when using the grill. Much easier to clean.

Please elaborate on parchment paper? Never heard of it? Is it like aluminum foil?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »
Please elaborate on parchment paper? Never heard of it? Is it like aluminum foil?

It's like a wax paper, just less waxy.  They use it in baking to line a pan so the cake comes out clean.  It doesn't burn in the oven.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »

What do you think about Pistoris?

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2013, 10:56:32 AM »

Mostly used in baking to line a cookie sheet.  Makes for much easier cleanup.  I wouldn't put it on a grill for rear of a flare up - it is paper afterall.  Plus you'd lose out on the grill marks.
:

Mr. Zimbabwe

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »
What do you think about Pistoris?

I'm pretty sad about the whole thing. I was a big fan and he was an icon in SA for being the first ever paraplegic to run in the Olympics and do pretty well. A survey in SA says that 80% of the population believe him innocent....that's how much he was liked.

That said I believe the evidence looks overwhelming strong that he murdered her... but I'll await the trial. Seems that a lot of the "facts" keep changing... especially about the cricket bat.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
Thanks L. yes, I don't imagine it would work on a Foreman? Mine gets damn hot!

Putting parchment directly on a burner is not a good idea.  It needs dry heat to work, not direct contact.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2013, 11:16:16 AM »
His story about thinking it was a burgler is a little BS.  So he hears something in the bathroom and just unloads through the door?  he doesn't ask who it is or anything?  Doesn't assume it is someone that actually lives in his house?  If I heard something in my kitchen I wouldn't just shoot blindly without knowing who is in there.

I'm pretty sad about the whole thing. I was a big fan and he was an icon in SA for being the first ever paraplegic to run in the Olympics and do pretty well. A survey in SA says that 80% of the population believe him innocent....that's how much he was liked.

That said I believe the evidence looks overwhelming strong that he murdered her... but I'll await the trial. Seems that a lot of the "facts" keep changing... especially about the cricket bat.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2013, 03:23:02 PM »
I don't find flank tough at all.  Hot grill - 7 min per side = perfect.  Cut on the bias.

I buy big hunks of meat to save money and I don't slice it thin to grill or fry. 
A