Author Topic: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty  (Read 294289 times)

Nicademus

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Nasser El Sonbaty is dead
« Reply #650 on: March 22, 2013, 08:05:22 PM »
R.I.P.  One of my favorite bodybuilders of the 90's

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #651 on: March 22, 2013, 08:16:51 PM »
Even in death, the lies extend.  :-\

Do you actually have any concrete proof that he is lying?
all drugs - TPPIIP

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #652 on: March 22, 2013, 08:48:51 PM »
I can't believe some of the low life scum on here making some of the disrespectful and hateful comments on here.. seriously? What kind of people are you? Pathetic... Lay off...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #653 on: March 22, 2013, 08:54:54 PM »
Nasser was an icon.   Was one of the "Giants" before the BB scene got all retarded.   

Sad day.   Nasser was really one of the last mohicans 

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #654 on: March 22, 2013, 08:55:44 PM »
Before I came a getbigger I was a fan of Nasser after buying a bodybuilding mag with him on the cover. In the article it talked about him having 2 masters degrees and how it was his goal to be mr. Olympia. Then I joined getbig and heard all of these terrible things like his DV arrest, selling soiled thongs, and use of synthol etc. Then after observing how he is a good dude who cares about his dogs and is friendly with fans who are fellow getbiggers, I was once again a fan. I'm no member of team Nasser but I am saddened by his death and can say I was a fan in the end.

Best wishes go out to BigBobs, Sherief Shalaby, Big Ach, alex23, and all the rest of Nassers getbig friends.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #655 on: March 22, 2013, 08:56:33 PM »
Quite common for people with sleep apnea to pass away in their sleep. Might be a possibility.

No way he went to Egypt for a kidney they are butchers there.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #656 on: March 22, 2013, 09:18:34 PM »
Maybe he's just resting his eye.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #657 on: March 22, 2013, 09:22:46 PM »
Maybe he's just resting his eye.

Which one? 
Both keep wandering off in different directions.

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #658 on: March 22, 2013, 09:38:53 PM »
 I started the thread bc I was 98% the source was correct. I was told the cause of death was he was in liver failure and it caused his kidney's to shut down. Will we ever know 100%,  we usually don't in these type of deaths. I met him in 2003 and had dinner with him and a few other guys competing at a show he quest posed at. It was a buffet.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #659 on: March 22, 2013, 09:41:18 PM »
I started the thread bc I was 98% the source was correct. I was told the cause of death was he was in liver failure and it caused his kidney's to shut down. Will we ever know 100%,  we usually don't in these type of deaths. I met him in 2003 and had dinner with him and a few other guys competing at a show he quest posed at. It was a buffet.

maybe wiggins was right after all - he said malaria, liver and kidney.

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #660 on: March 22, 2013, 09:44:35 PM »
I used to think, for how long will Nasser and those others mass monters will live? I was sure they had shortened their life-span but I never thought his organs would shut down at 48. I expected that from someone who abused narcotics but Nasser was firmly against rec drugs.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #661 on: March 22, 2013, 09:56:24 PM »
why do you care so much about the way people live their life? and who says your idea of right from wrong is gospel? that is just nuts.

lol the irony...

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #662 on: March 22, 2013, 10:18:53 PM »
Some of you should think about how much he accomplished in a little under 50 years.  Then consider how little you will accomplish in 80 (if you're lucky).  And I know some of you think bodybuilding is a pointless superficial sport but then again what sport isn't when you think about it?  I'd say Nasser doesn't regret a thing.  I bet those were some very fun and interesting 48 years, definitely better than a long meaningless 80 (if you're lucky).

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #663 on: March 22, 2013, 10:22:38 PM »
Some of you should think about how much he accomplished in a little under 50 years.  Then consider how little you will accomplish in 80 (if you're lucky).  And I know some of you think bodybuilding is a pointless superficial sport but then again what sport isn't when you think about it?  I'd say Nasser doesn't regret a thing.  I bet those were some very fun and interesting 48 years, definitely better than a long meaningless 80 (if you're lucky).
Do you mean his large collection of plastic trophies earned by taking boatloads of drugs, overeating, lifting heavy objects and occasionally standing near naked, lathered in body oil for a bunch of horny homosexual schmoes? Sounds like an awful and humiliating existence for a grown man JMO
V

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #664 on: March 22, 2013, 10:55:17 PM »
So I guess Dorian wins this round.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #665 on: March 22, 2013, 11:04:00 PM »
Do you mean his large collection of plastic trophies earned by taking boatloads of drugs, overeating, lifting heavy objects and occasionally standing near naked, lathered in body oil for a bunch of horny homosexual schmoes? Sounds like an awful and humiliating existence for a grown man JMO

No i think he means he was one of the best of all time in his chosen field, and did what he loved to do for a living, which very very few of us get to do. Just because you think its stupid is irrelevant, I'm quite sure Nasser didnt give a flying fuck what haters thought of his lifestyle choice. And I'd bet money you aren't as successful in your cbosen field as he was in his.

That being said, i call bullshit, he would give back every trophy, title and winners check he had for a longer life...nobody wants to die at 48

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #666 on: March 22, 2013, 11:29:28 PM »
Ray Mentzer died at 47 in 2001. In 1991 he told me several of the guys were getting sick when their body weights approached 300 pounds. Ray also used potent pain killers for neck and back pain. Cleared my migraine headache quickly but he wouldn't tell me what the pill was. Ray ended up on dialysis and died tragically while not very old. Many of us older guys were wondering how long these guys would live, what with steroids, pain killers, diuretics, etc.

A pity the promised tell-all book wasn't published by Nasser. Wonder if there is a manuscript somewhere.

Mattyh7688

• Getbig IV
« Reply #667 on: March 22, 2013, 11:39:52 PM »
Ray Mentzer died at 47 in 2001. In 1991 he told me several of the guys were getting sick when their body weights approached 300 pounds. Ray also used potent pain killers for neck and back pain. Cleared my migraine headache quickly but he wouldn't tell me what the pill was. Ray ended up on dialysis and died tragically while not very old. Many of us older guys were wondering how long these guys would live, what with steroids, pain killers, diuretics, etc.

A pity the promised tell-all book wasn't published by Nasser. Wonder if there is a manuscript somewhere.

Not saying steroids don't play a huge role, but you bring up pain killers.. These and other rec drugs a lot of these top guys abuse and I think often times they are the real culprit or at least a major contributing factor on top of the bodybuilding lifestyle. I think if a lot of guys took the steroids and that was it, things might be somewhat ok.. well sort of lol... but when you combine party drugs and painkillers most bodybuilders who die have a long history of these

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #668 on: March 22, 2013, 11:42:03 PM »
where is king23? we should be able to get some meltdowns for the ages from him.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #669 on: March 22, 2013, 11:55:26 PM »
My condolences to the family and friends of Nasser.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #670 on: March 23, 2013, 12:41:09 AM »
RIP

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #671 on: March 23, 2013, 01:02:17 AM »
Farewell Nasser. Rest In Peace.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #672 on: March 23, 2013, 01:19:28 AM »

AVBG

« Reply #673 on: March 23, 2013, 01:24:29 AM »
Rip Nasser.. Nice and polite guy who never suffered fools!

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #674 on: March 23, 2013, 01:29:32 AM »
SAD news

I knew him since the 80s, when he studied in augsburg where i live not far from

first met him in the gym of robert binapfel

RIP

when i remember him not attending the AC along with the other former winners a few weeks ago i must think that on the one hand it s sad that he broke with the bodybuilding industry, because he was a bodybuilder thru and thru, on the other hand it shows how he was as a person , he could stand that flithy fucked up cult anymore

we know he had some mayor health issues in the ast 15 years , but  i hope he was not poissened as someone wrote in this thread