Author Topic: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty  (Read 294273 times)

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
Re: RIP Nasser El Sonbaty
« Reply #1225 on: November 15, 2021, 11:28:27 PM »
Nasser was Mr Olympia until he turned around.

He also had so much oil in his delts, bis, tris and calves that it looked retarded.

Maybe he lost some points for that too.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #1226 on: November 16, 2021, 05:31:53 AM »
what's shocking is how little weights he lifted.  I would see him at the old World's Gym in PB and he'd be sitting there with his massive arms doing DB curls with 30 pounds.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #1227 on: November 16, 2021, 10:31:15 AM »
what's shocking is how little weights he lifted.  I would see him at the old World's Gym in PB and he'd be sitting there with his massive arms doing DB curls with 30 pounds.

100% confirmed... I used to workout there at the time

I just didn't understand how it was possible

him and farnsworth and in fact the whole 619 muscle crew....   barely did anything in the gym except bullshit and hangout

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1228 on: November 16, 2021, 03:45:50 PM »
that's only two poses, he won every pose from the front in 97

E

Front lat spread ? please !!! more of an ab pose for Nasser

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #1229 on: November 16, 2021, 04:14:42 PM »
Front lat spread ? please !!! more of an ab pose for Nasser

side chest, side tricep, front double bicep, abs and thighs

nasser was better than dorian in all 4 of these poses in 97, that's 4 out of the 7 mandatory poses, he would've beaten him in most muscular too if that was mandatory

nasser should've won

E
E

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1230 on: November 16, 2021, 07:26:05 PM »
You can't win the olympia with a rear lat read that won't make the top ten at the USA, it wasn't that his other poses weren't good, they were, it was its that on one pose he could have got lost in the amateurs, same could be said for Strydom, guy looked like Mr Olympia till he turned around, 97 wasn't Yates best year but he still won.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #1231 on: November 16, 2021, 07:42:46 PM »
You can't win the olympia with a rear lat read that won't make the top ten at the USA, it wasn't that his other poses weren't good, they were, it was its that on one pose he could have got lost in the amateurs, same could be said for Strydom, guy looked like Mr Olympia till he turned around, 97 wasn't Yates best year but he still won.

if you lost the olympia on just one pose, dorian would've lost based on front double bicep

E
E

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1232 on: November 16, 2021, 08:21:28 PM »
respectfully disagree, front double bicep is a whole body shot not just an arm pose. Yates overall shape and structure carrys him imo, blown out waist and all.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #1233 on: November 16, 2021, 10:18:32 PM »
 :-\

E
E

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1234 on: November 17, 2021, 02:16:11 AM »
Put the shot up of Yates Nasser and Leverone all doing the same pose from the same show, then put up the rear lat spread comparison. I also disagree with you on the side shots, yates was like granite, Nasser has oil in his rear delt, side delt tricep and bicep and calves. You can't compare real striated muscle to oil swell. I dont really like defending yates, he's now an annoying psychedelic pot head married to an attention seeker, but credit needs to b given to what he did physique wise, 97 he looked well past his best, but he was still too good for everyone else.  93 best we have ever seen.

In the end earl Im not going to do a million pages with you,  :) we will have to agree to disagree.peace.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #1235 on: November 17, 2021, 04:03:44 PM »

E
E

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #1236 on: November 17, 2021, 04:27:06 PM »
side chest, side tricep, front double bicep, abs and thighs

nasser was better than dorian in all 4 of these poses in 97, that's 4 out of the 7 mandatory poses, he would've beaten him in most muscular too if that was mandatory

nasser should've won

E

After all these years you still don't know how contests are judged  ::) Entertaining your ignorance , that he won these poses ( which he doesn't , except the front double biceps ) he wouldn't have won the contest, He would've won the muscularity round. You're omitting the entirety of the contest in favor of a round. You're biased & ignorant. Bad combination.  Go back to the drawing board , stop being stuck-on-stupid.  ;)

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #1237 on: November 17, 2021, 08:17:56 PM »
After all these years you still don't know how contests are judged  ::) Entertaining your ignorance , that he won these poses ( which he doesn't , except the front double biceps ) he wouldn't have won the contest, He would've won the muscularity round. You're omitting the entirety of the contest in favor of a round. You're biased & ignorant. Bad combination.  Go back to the drawing board , stop being stuck-on-stupid.  ;)

and after all these years you are still sucking off dorian, going on 20 years now right, you rarely post nowadays yet conveniently show up to protect your man

is that loyalty or autism? :-*

and yes nasser won all those poses, and yes he should've won the muscularity round... considering he was much more muscular

E

E

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1238 on: November 17, 2021, 08:53:11 PM »
He also had so much oil in his delts, bis, tris and calves that it looked retarded.

Maybe he lost some points for that too.
This, srs, he wasn't fooling the judges

pamith

• Getbig V
« Reply #1239 on: November 17, 2021, 08:54:35 PM »

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1240 on: November 17, 2021, 08:57:01 PM »
Best bodybuilder ever,no?

Brutal if true.

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #1241 on: November 17, 2021, 09:44:24 PM »
Best bodybuilder ever,no?

97 No, 93 Yes.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1242 on: November 18, 2021, 01:54:01 AM »
and after all these years you are still sucking off dorian, going on 20 years now right, you rarely post nowadays yet conveniently show up to protect your man

is that loyalty or autism? :-*

and yes nasser won all those poses, and yes he should've won the muscularity round... considering he was much more muscular

E

Typical Earl , When you have no retort use ad hominin attacks. And I'm not defending Dorian just once again exposing your stupidity & ignorance. And I don't " rarely " post that's more nonsense.  All I'm doing is exposing how fucking stupid you are by using your own words against you and using your retard logic. 20 years later you're still trying to contradict facts and history. Dorian won , get over it. Nasser wasn't good enough. Frozen and let it go.  :'(

" What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence " Nasser according to the IFBB judges didn't win all those poses ( or the contest ). You're simply wrong , as usual, Two, your stupidity has lead you to believe whoever is " much more muscular " wins the muscularity round. Which is NOT how that works and you know this because it's been explained to you ad nauseam that ALL rounds are physique rounds. And you don't win a single round ( muscularity round ) and win the entire contest. Dorian always won the symmetry round despite never being the most symmetrical. Stupid.

By your warped retard logic. Dorian Yates won the 1991 Mr Olympia because he beat ( legit beat not your fantasy biased moronic assertion ) Haney in the muscularity round.  ::) It's retard logic , the sort of conclusion ignorant biased morons like you because you can't see beyond your own stupidity. " Dorian beat Haney in all the poses HE WON THE CONTEST "  ::)

Run along stupid, you're dismissed.  8)

poonhead

• Getbig II
« Reply #1243 on: November 18, 2021, 10:25:36 AM »
So is nasser or Dorian better?

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #1244 on: November 18, 2021, 07:47:42 PM »
Typical Earl , When you have no retort use ad hominin attacks. And I'm not defending Dorian just once again exposing your stupidity & ignorance. And I don't " rarely " post that's more nonsense.  All I'm doing is exposing how fucking stupid you are by using your own words against you and using your retard logic. 20 years later you're still trying to contradict facts and history. Dorian won , get over it. Nasser wasn't good enough. Frozen and let it go.  :'(

" What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence " Nasser according to the IFBB judges didn't win all those poses ( or the contest ). You're simply wrong , as usual, Two, your stupidity has lead you to believe whoever is " much more muscular " wins the muscularity round. Which is NOT how that works and you know this because it's been explained to you ad nauseam that ALL rounds are physique rounds. And you don't win a single round ( muscularity round ) and win the entire contest. Dorian always won the symmetry round despite never being the most symmetrical. Stupid.

By your warped retard logic. Dorian Yates won the 1991 Mr Olympia because he beat ( legit beat not your fantasy biased moronic assertion ) Haney in the muscularity round.  ::) It's retard logic , the sort of conclusion ignorant biased morons like you because you can't see beyond your own stupidity. " Dorian beat Haney in all the poses HE WON THE CONTEST "  ::)

Run along stupid, you're dismissed.  8)

i stopped reading at "i'm not defending dorian"  ::)

your whole purpose on this board is to defend dorian and you will argue it to the death

dorian said so himself, he won the olympia because he won most of the mandatory poses, well anybody with two eyes can see he didn't win most of the mandatory poses in 97

nasser should've won you are going to have to learn to deal with me and many others feeling that way, i know that bothers you a lot more than it bothers dorian, when will you move on?   what do you get out of defending him?  after 20 years or so of arguing it what have you accomplished other than experiencing great stress and hurt feelings?

E

E

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #1245 on: November 18, 2021, 08:16:27 PM »
Fls - Dorian
Abs/Thighs - Dorian
Side tris - Dorian
Rls - Dorian

That's 4 out of 7 clearly for Dorian plus he sweeps the quarterly turns. Additionally, he is alive and well. Nasser is dead. It's time to move on Earl.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1246 on: November 19, 2021, 01:54:56 AM »

your whole purpose on this board is to defend dorian and you will argue it to the death

dorian said so himself, he won the olympia because he won most of the mandatory poses, well anybody with two eyes can see he didn't win most of the mandatory poses in 97

nasser should've won you are going to have to learn to deal with me and many others feeling that way, i know that bothers you a lot more than it bothers dorian, when will you move on?   what do you get out of defending him?  after 20 years or so of arguing it what have you accomplished other than experiencing great stress and hurt feelings?

E

No you didn't and it's true. I'm correcting your ignorance , has nothing to do with Yates.

Nonsense , my whole purpose is to correct idiots like you  ;) and post pictures. You once again opened yourself up to be corrected and I did. Nothing new.

Among other reasons , he won more rounds too. That's the whole point I'm correcting you. Even entertaining your ignorance Nasser would've won a round and NOT the entire contest. You can't have an informed opinion on who would win based on ignorance , which is you. And you're willfully ignorant because your biased. And the judges felt like Dorian won most of the mandatory poses which is why he won. You're the one trying top prove a negative after all these years.

E

I don't care if people have opinions on who should've won or not. At the very least , be fucking knowledgeable on how contests are actually judged and leave your bias at the door. You have proved constantly you cannot do this. Which is why we're here. It's YOU who is all butthurt about a contest that happened 25 fucking years ago. You can't find me mentioning or " defending " Yates for years and yet here YOU are still sad Dorian beat Nasser and your hero Kevin. According to YOU Dorian " ruined bodybuilding " Stop projecting YOUR bum-bent feelings onto anyone who corrects your biased fanboy assertions " Nasser won cause " Again you cannot win an entire fucking contest by winning a portion of it.

Summary - Nasser 1) doesn't beat Dorian in all mandatory poses , and 2) entertaining he did , This wouldn't have won him the entirety of the fucking contest , Because if that were the case than Dorian won the 1991 Mr Olympia cause he beat Haney on 1 fucking round  ::)

Let it go Earl it's been 25 years , Nasser is dead , Dorian is retired and the contest was decided eons ago. It's YOU who just can't let your fantasy go and have the odd compulsion to try and bend reality to fit your narrative. Like the lefties you have DDS Dorian Derangement Syndrome.

P.S. Still laughing at Nasser wins the whole contest because according to your biased eyes he won 1 round.  ;D :D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #1247 on: November 20, 2021, 05:06:40 PM »
So is nasser or Dorian better?

Coleman
T

Notomorrow

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1248 on: November 20, 2021, 10:47:44 PM »

Among other reasons , he won more rounds too. That's the whole point I'm correcting you. Even entertaining your ignorance Nasser would've won a round and NOT the entire contest. You can't have an informed opinion on who would win based on ignorance , which is you. And you're willfully ignorant because your biased. And the judges felt like Dorian won most of the mandatory poses which is why he won. You're the one trying top prove a negative after all these years.

I don't care if people have opinions on who should've won or not. At the very least , be fucking knowledgeable on how contests are actually judged.

P.S. Still laughing at Nasser wins the whole contest because according to your biased eyes he won 1 round.

I'm not disagreeing as it seems you really know what you're talking about and when it comes to scoring I don't, so I'm just curious. But the contest is won on points. So like in boxing, you can win 7 out of 12 rounds, but if the 5 rounds you lost were judged 10-7 because you got knocked down twice in each round, and the rounds you won were close 10-9 rounds, the final result would be 113-105 for the  the guy who actually won less rounds but had more points. If Dorian were hit harder by the judges for the horrible double bi with a  ton of negative symmetry points because judges decided they didn't want to see that on a bodybuilding stage, Nasser could have won on points, despite Dorian winning the other rounds. Again, just correct me where I am mistaken, I'm not obsessed with the result but do think Nasser won in 97.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #1249 on: November 21, 2021, 09:41:35 AM »
I'm not disagreeing as it seems you really know what you're talking about and when it comes to scoring I don't, so I'm just curious. But the contest is won on points. So like in boxing, you can win 7 out of 12 rounds, but if the 5 rounds you lost were judged 10-7 because you got knocked down twice in each round, and the rounds you won were close 10-9 rounds, the final result would be 113-105 for the  the guy who actually won less rounds but had more points. If Dorian were hit harder by the judges for the horrible double bi with a  ton of negative symmetry points because judges decided they didn't want to see that on a bodybuilding stage, Nasser could have won on points, despite Dorian winning the other rounds. Again, just correct me where I am mistaken, I'm not obsessed with the result but do think Nasser won in 97.

Both the high & low scores are tossed out and what you have left determines the winner. For sure Dorian lost some poses but considering that he accumulated more & won the contest.