Author Topic: Question for God believers  (Read 32810 times)

The Scott

• Getbig V
  • I'm a victim of soicumcision!!
Re: Question for God believers
« Reply #300 on: December 08, 2013, 05:47:33 AM »
And what if that 'other man' has the same religion?  ::)

You can drop the rolling eyes smiley because it suits neither you (or at least I hope so) nor this discussion.  So-called "religion" has nothing to do with what two people who live for themselves versus their "religion" do to others.  You knew that and still posted your half-hearted rebuttal in a weak attempt to rebuke my words.  Look, I have nothing against you nor do I dislike a good debate but if you wish I can be as childish as any here, including you.

As I said, men will do what they do and label it to be "God's will" when it really is their desire.  And that is truth of it.

I am not come to make sport of you for your disbelief, lack of faith or what have you.  I am up front in what I hold true but again, if you choose to be sarcastic you will find me either a worthy adversary or I will just leave you to your world.

I think it best I choose the latter.  Ask yourself this -  Which is easier to make, a friend or an enemy?  The latter.   It is easier to be a total asshole  than it is to work at a friendship.  One takes only the effort needed to piss off others while the other takes much more.  Both can last a lifetime.  I would prefer friendship.

Your choice, sir.

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
« Reply #301 on: December 08, 2013, 07:09:45 AM »
oth's inner parker manifesting itself ;D

You're mistaking Parker for Wiggs.
A

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #302 on: December 08, 2013, 07:10:20 AM »
Sure, but remember that string theory has nothing to do with it.

It has no real world experimental success and before ed whitten was a clusterfuck or useless math.

They said the same thing about relativity but without it there is no GPS.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #303 on: December 08, 2013, 08:20:47 AM »
Quite awesome. I'm sure that talking to a physicist of that caliber is a mind-blowing experience.

Interesting. I will have to read more on this to discuss his particular theories/ideas.

I'll pull the paper down on my Kindle and read it when I have a bit of free time. It might be quite interesting. Assuming these sort of "multiverse" or "universe in a bottle" theories are true, I wonder if there has to be a correlation between a time-like property in the "outside" Universe as opposed to the inside.

Going off on a slight tangent, you may want to read "A New Kind of Science" by Steven Wolfram. Be warned: the book has a very very heavy dose of amour-propre and enough self-exultation to make one burst into flames. I don't think that he develops a new kind of science, but nevertheless some of what he writes is very interesting.

One concept that I found to be very interesting is his proposal that our Universe could be (or at least be modeled as) one huge cellular automaton, and that in such a construct, the concept of time, albeit quantized in nature, would be experienced as such by those inside the simulation.

This sort of thing intrigues me, and even Wolfram doesn't develop a new kind of science, and even if the model he proposes can be proven not to be able to model the Universe - one of the fatal flaws is that it cannot simultaneously handle both special relativity and Bell inequality violations) it still makes for some interesting thought experiments.

I'm sure you aren't, but I'll take a read. It sounds very interesting.

Thanks very much, especially about Wolfram"s book.  I remember when it came out now that you mention it, but I had forgotten it. I'll take a look at it.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #304 on: December 08, 2013, 09:13:38 AM »
You can drop the rolling eyes smiley because it suits neither you (or at least I hope so) nor this discussion.  So-called "religion" has nothing to do with what two people who live for themselves versus their "religion" do to others.  You knew that and still posted your half-hearted rebuttal in a weak attempt to rebuke my words.  Look, I have nothing against you nor do I dislike a good debate but if you wish I can be as childish as any here, including you.

As I said, men will do what they do and label it to be "God's will" when it really is their desire.  And that is truth of it.

I am not come to make sport of you for your disbelief, lack of faith or what have you.  I am up front in what I hold true but again, if you choose to be sarcastic you will find me either a worthy adversary or I will just leave you to your world.

I think it best I choose the latter.  Ask yourself this -  Which is easier to make, a friend or an enemy?  The latter.   It is easier to be a total asshole  than it is to work at a friendship.  One takes only the effort needed to piss off others while the other takes much more.  Both can last a lifetime.  I would prefer friendship.

Your choice, sir.

I'm not implying that the cause of many wars is religion itself, but that someones religion plays an important role whether to attack or not, and yes, there's also a "Gods's will" motivation. So in short, someones interpretation of a religion and his values are the root of the problem, not the religion itself.
I hope you get my point. :)

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #305 on: December 08, 2013, 09:44:28 AM »
this thread is still clinging on for dear life with all the usual players saying the same things over and over and over and over....great fun!!   :D

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #306 on: December 08, 2013, 09:50:40 AM »
this thread is still clinging on for dear life with all the usual players saying the same things over and over and over and over....great fun!!   :D

True, but this applies to both parties.
Really, I try to avoid religious debates as much as possible.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #307 on: December 08, 2013, 09:56:01 AM »
True, but this applies to both parties.
Really, I try to avoid religious debates as much as possible.

I've just grown a bit weary of it lately which is why I haven't been participating much.....I'm on vacation from it at the moment.   ;)

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2013, 10:11:15 AM »
Arabs, all nations are Hebrew, Jews and Jordanians are Hebrews, some Italians, some Spanish, Some Greeks, Some African tribes including one third of Ethiopians are Hebrews.

One third of the Planet are Hebrews.

Don't start. Because if I ripped you up early this year. I'd totally massacre you now. So just give the go and I'll school you. You spewing out bullshit and I'm gonna correct you.

I'll start by saying don't take this personal. Because I'm going to make you look very stupid. You know, you being a "historian" and all.  ::)

Instead of trying to fix your gobblely-goo. We're going to start from the beginning with the father of the Israelites Abram or Abraham and what his race was. We'll work our way up to now.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #309 on: December 08, 2013, 11:56:28 AM »
Don't start. Because if I ripped you up early this year. I'd totally massacre you now. So just give the go and I'll school you. You spewing out bullshit and I'm gonna correct you.

I'll start by saying don't take this personal. Because I'm going to make you look very stupid. You know, you being a "historian" and all.  ::)

Instead of trying to fix your gobblely-goo. We're going to start from the beginning with the father of the Israelites Abram or Abraham and what his race was. We'll work our way up to now.
great argument Wiggs, I did not know any of that, awesome, thanks brother you just taught me a lot in this post, ROTFLMAO

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #310 on: December 08, 2013, 12:19:17 PM »
great argument Wiggs, I did not know any of that, awesome, thanks brother you just taught me a lot in this post, ROTFLMAO

So I'll take that as a greenlight to go bro.  ;D

Prepare for destruction on a Wiggsican scale. You will not recover.

Just remember, I still love you and respect you.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #311 on: December 08, 2013, 12:20:39 PM »
So I'll take that as a greenlight to go bro.  ;D

Incorrect information, Falcon will be around to straighten this stuff out soon.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #312 on: December 08, 2013, 01:13:38 PM »
I've just grown a bit weary of it lately which is why I haven't been participating much.....I'm on vacation from it at the moment.   ;)

I 'believe' that more believers should follow that way. I'm not saying that they should keep their mouth, but why wasting so much time in endless debates?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #313 on: December 08, 2013, 01:16:12 PM »
The God I believe in is an Atheist.  He has self esteem issues and stopped believing in himself.    ;D
V

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #314 on: December 08, 2013, 01:16:29 PM »
We re all animals and only the ones who adapt to threats survive while the others disapear. End of thread. And not just this particular one.

Gonuclear

• Getbig III
  • It depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
« Reply #315 on: December 08, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »
We re all animals and only the ones who adapt to threats survive while the others disapear. End of thread. And not just this particular one.

Speak for yourself.  If you think human beings are nothing more than animals, you are certainly not alone.

Your constant harping on this reminds me of a story that a teacher I once had shared with me.  He told me that he once met a philosopher who lamented the strides of computer technology and artificial intelligence in particular.  He complained, "Oh No, this means were are nothing more than machines, organic machines yes, but just machines nonetheless."

The man was obsessed with the idea that humans were "just machines."  It never occurred to him to think, "My gosh, I never realized machines could be so wonderful!".

Think about it.  Everything depends on how you look at the world and your place in it. 

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #316 on: December 08, 2013, 05:07:02 PM »

Speak for yourself.  If you think human beings are nothing more than animals, you are certainly not alone.

Your constant harping on this reminds me of a story that a teacher I once had shared with me.  He told me that he once met a philosopher who lamented the strides of computer technology and artificial intelligence in particular.  He complained, "Oh No, this means were are nothing more than machines, organic machines yes, but just machines nonetheless."

The man was obsessed with the idea that humans were "just machines."  It never occurred to him to think, "My gosh, I never realized machines could be so wonderful!".

Think about it.  Everything depends on how you look at the world and your place in it. 

Yeah... we are, in a very real sense, organic machines. Like you, I don't find this disturbing. What's the problem? It doesn't take away anything from us as individuals or a species.

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #317 on: December 08, 2013, 07:25:41 PM »

It is how you say what you say and whether or not you mean it with all that you are.  I simply state what I hold to be true, either by faith or fact. 

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: December 08, 2013, 07:27:39 PM »
I'm not implying that the cause of many wars is religion itself, but that someones religion plays an important role whether to attack or not, and yes, there's also a "Gods's will" motivation. So in short, someones interpretation of a religion and his values are the root of the problem, not the religion itself.
I hope you get my point. :)

Yes, thank you sir!

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #319 on: December 09, 2013, 01:44:49 AM »
So I'll take that as a greenlight to go bro.  ;D

oh hell ya bro, I still respect you, you stick to your guns and don't back down, although in this case it is foolish  :D

OK here is a few question, Are Arabs Hebrew?

Are Arabs half black?

and according to you Descendants of Abraham are black and according to the Bible through Abraham s lineage all nations are blessed; So here is my question what have black people done that has blessed all nations?

Start with this before I unleash an owning of V BOARD PROPORTION.  ;)

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #320 on: December 09, 2013, 04:25:30 AM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: December 09, 2013, 05:59:34 AM »
I 'believe' that more believers should follow that way. I'm not saying that they should keep their mouth, but why wasting so much time in endless debates?

Sure, I get what you're saying.  Often times these threads ask something "religious", but the point of the thread isn't to find a "religious answer".  It's simply to state in general why religion is incorrect, crazy, nonsensical, etc.....Sometimes it's a healthy debate, but the most times it's not.  Often times it's not discussion that is being sought....it's just a platform that is desired.

When I speak of Jesus Christ my goal is always simple.  Share the gospel.  Share how Christ has changed my life.  Represent Christ in all that I do and be that salt and light for the world.  What I always pray for is that someone will read my words (which is really the words of others before me) or the words of another believer and then contact me/them privately to talk more about it.  Not that I don't mind putting everything out their publically, but within the "free for all" of the thread voices get lost, purpose gets murky and threads deviate dramatically.

It is how you say what you say and whether or not you mean it with all that you are.  I simply state what I hold to be true, either by faith or fact. 

What Scott says here is correct and I agree.

Most often I will defend my faith as best I'm able to without reservation in a thread.  Still, when I've done that repeatedly and the same players keep regurgitating the same comments despite my attempts to present myself with honesty and humility and even redirecting/correcting their incorrect ideas about my faith, Christ, Christians, etc.....then it's time to step away for a bit or stop altogether with that particular audience.

I do persist for the sake of others that may be reading the thread and aren't posting though....for some these threads may be the only exposure to "religion" they get in their day to day.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #322 on: December 09, 2013, 06:12:08 AM »
Darren, better stick to being a hard bastard.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #323 on: January 22, 2014, 01:30:57 AM »

The Scott

• Getbig V
« Reply #324 on: January 22, 2014, 07:47:37 PM »

Hmmmm... Your parents created a "son" did they not?  You have yet to shine, though.  Grow up.  Your lack of faith doesn't harm me at all and your childish behavior only makes you seem a buffoon.

I have faith not in a religion nor in man.  I've seen too much evil done in the "name" of "God" when in truth it's done in the greed of men.   I've also seen stupid done by men like yourself because they hate what they do not possess.  Simple, genuine, faith.

I could care less about your "salvation".  I've said before that I am not come to make you wear shoes.  But...If you are going to be a rude, childish dumbass I will all too gladly point it out.

Be well.   Or continue to be retarded in your feeble attempts to belittle the Christ and that which He stands for.