Author Topic: Would let your son endulge in bb supplements & the BB lifestyle?  (Read 5005 times)

IronMeister

• Getbig IV
  • Übermacht
Re: Would let your son endulge in bb supplements & the BB lifestyle?
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2014, 09:55:08 AM »

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2014, 10:18:35 AM »
If my son wants to play football, baseball, soccer, tennis or bodybuilding, there is no reason to not let him pursue his dream, as long as he understands that education and balance in life is very important.  I will be there on whatever he wants to try, and should he succeed in it, hooray.  Should he fail, I will be there too. 

i'd tell him the truth and the bottom line of "bodybuilding = all drugs" right off the bat

it would be unlikely he would still want to proceed

I agree with these.   If an activity requires the use of chemicals in order to succeed (like bb) then I would be hesitant to encourage it, but natural bb I'm all for.

In the end if the kid isn't breaking any laws, is well-rounded, seeks an education, learns the value of hard work and keeps a good head on his/her shoulders I'm good with whatever.

Ken Fresno

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2014, 11:42:32 AM »

Looks like Venom Vince is rocking a pair of Paul Smith socks there.

Var City

• Getbig IV
  • Perennially Man-Diming
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2014, 11:42:55 AM »
It's a. Great question

See I am happy that I use hormones

I would want to educate my son

And really teach him how to lift as my dad helped me from 12-16

Then I flew like a gaggle of hawks

Benching 225 for single

At 145 lb

Because I stole my dad's dianabol pills because I wanted to look like him

I would not let kids ever get into gear as early as I did

Great question though

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2014, 12:02:08 PM »
to b honest i wouldnt want my son getting into hardcore bodybuilding cause of the temptations that come with it,he uses 10lb dumbells now under my supervision to help his wrestling which hes been doing for 2 yrs now and hes 8 yrs old. he wrestles from october to june,then does MMA from june till october. even tho i do TRT id hate to see him use steroids or any other drug for that matter, i dont want him to fuck his life up and im always helping him with homework telling him to do good in school and get a good education
R

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2014, 12:08:56 PM »
I'd hit him round the head and tell him he's going to be doctor or a lawyer, not a juiced up, drug addled meathead in a thong.

I'd also ask him where he came from as I don't remember having a son.
O

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2014, 02:10:41 PM »
My daughter sees me and her mom working out in the basement daily, she naturally wanted to imitate us even if she s too young yet. Sometimes she does some sit ups or assisted chin up, and some preacher curl with tiny weights. We also told her nobody like fat ugly people and that she should be good looking to date a rich man.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2014, 02:20:06 PM »
My daughter sees me and her mom working out in the basement daily, she naturally wanted to imitate us even if she s too young yet. Sometimes she does some sit ups or assisted chin up, and some preacher curl with tiny weights. We also told her nobody like fat ugly people and that she should be good looking to date a rich man.

X

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2014, 02:23:16 PM »
A "sport" where you have to invest your health and put it on the line to potentially reap the rewards is a poor investment choice IMHO, the success rate is low depending on the definition of success in BB, hence this is a high risk investment with poor yields, no sane man would ever touch this with a barge pole if we merely used thinking logic. Furthermore, the success if achieved mostly leads to an empty  glory rather than afford an actual prosperous life, this is not something I want my child to go into.

Mr Olympia winners earn 200k US dollars before tax, a lot of this will go on tax then you can make quite a bit on the side but you have to stand on booths and sell stuff like t-shirts, proteins, signed pictures and videos, guest pose...Now move away from Mr O and the earnings start to drop drastically. Hence a lot of BBers end up selling their dignity for cash (see the Nick Toscani example). In reality an exec earning 6 figures from the age of 30 which is reasonable and retires at 65 will earn so much more and get a decent pension on top at retirement with two kidneys.

Having said that BB'ing is great as a hobby, I enjoy it and it gives me a purpose and an escapism outside my work and social life. Used correctly it can enhance your professional and love life and contribute to making you a happy person overall. I would encourage my son to have a sport as a hobby, bodybuilding included as long that it doesn't get out of hand or try to make it a career.

great post :)
Sums up the good and bad sides of bodybuilding.
BB as a healthy lifestyle with a few contests?  YES
Viable career plan? No

honest

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2014, 03:59:25 PM »
My daughter trains with me 5am every morning my son will join us when he's a little older. Training and eating well is a great lifestyle and habit to have in life,it gives your day structure, people in my experience go off the rails in life when their lives have no structure. But I would not allow either to venture into drug use, bit hypocritical as i did in my day, but in saying that if the natural scene was as big as it is now, I would not have gone to the dark side and the amount of guys I see these days that are dependant on still using or are depressed from low hormones are a constant reminder that people should not unbalance their own systems.

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2014, 04:21:04 PM »
My daughter trains with me 5am every morning my son will join us when he's a little older. Training and eating well is a great lifestyle and habit to have in life,it gives your day structure, people in my experience go off the rails in life when their lives have no structure. But I would not allow either to venture into drug use, bit hypocritical as i did in my day, but in saying that if the natural scene was as big as it is now, I would not have gone to the dark side and the amount of guys I see these days that are dependant on still using or are depressed from low hormones are a constant reminder that people should not unbalance their own systems.

bodybuilding will never be natural again unfortunately,its at the point of no return,people wanna see freaky ripped dudes with 22 inch arms and that requires drug usage.
R

Deacon Jeschin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2014, 06:56:19 PM »
To bodybuild clean and possibly compete?  Sure.  To go the drug route.....no.

You could also substitute bodybuild for baseball, football, or any other sport or activity.  What parent would encourage their children to harm themselves.....for ANY reason?

TonyAlva

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2014, 07:06:13 PM »
you forgot to mention buying webcam posing trunks

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2014, 07:15:04 PM »
My son is only 8 years old, right now he plays hockey and tennis. If he turns out to be a fagget I'll nudge him toward bodybuilding.

Because nothing says manly more than posing to music all oiled up wearing a thong to screaming guys.

NightTrain

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2014, 09:32:12 PM »

Cool story bro... but training is one thing, bb is another. "Natural scene"; must've missed it during my last trip at the Met.... lol...

Bottom line is every physical endeavor MUST have a goal; being, do a double backflip on a motocross, spring a “Triple Lindy" (Rod Dangerfield fans are clapping) on a diving board, scout the fuck out and take down 10 opponents on a CQC or flip the fuck out of a 660lb tire Chaos style...

BB doucheries has one; get Minion hard and Wineberger high and desire "MEN" and  skullfuck the manly thing he calls a wife.

Fuck I miss Wayne DeMilia.. he had a vision... then they gave him cancer to shut him down.

LeePriestSpeed.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit

keanu

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2014, 08:08:49 AM »
   I would try to talk the kid out of it, but at the end of the day it is his choice. There are worse things out there then being a bodybuilder although few come to mind. Hopefully I would have raised him correctly so he has better options and won't bother.

He isn't the most coordinated kid out there so high school sports is as far as he likely gets. No scholarships. He is 6 now, and I have him doing running, climbing, hanging on bars type of stuff. We do push ups super setting with wheelbarrow, and he wrestles with dad. I also have a 20 lbs sack of rice he does some exercises with. Thin kid but very strong, and he loves the physical training. When he is 10 we will start the weights.

TheShape.

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2014, 09:41:41 AM »
Only natural Steve Reeves esque bodybuilding, for health and strength.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 10, 2014, 10:49:53 AM »
people wanna see freaky ripped dudes with 22 inch arms and that requires drug usage.

define "people?"  :-\

the "sport" has very few fans.