Author Topic: 225 squat for “15” reps: an investigation  (Read 3408 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
225 squat for “15” reps: an investigation
« on: January 08, 2023, 09:56:11 AM »
Background: Poster bhanks (http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=106117) was challenged by poster webstar (http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=23174 ) on the former’s claim of completing a set of 15 reps of squats with a 225-lb barbell.  To support the claim, bhanks posted the video below (Exhibit A) that appears to show only 13 reps:

An investigative team led by myself was charged with looking into this discrepancy, and are now prepared to report our conclusions.

Methods: the evidence (Exhibit A) was investigated extensively, and interviews were conducted with various stakeholders in the matter.

Conclusions: Firstly, the investigation concludes the video evidence clearly shows only 13 of the claimed 15 reps.  All evident reps were counted despite concerns from some stakeholders on the depth of the eccentric phase.  The video creator’s concern over their history of vaping and claims of lateral compartment knee arthrosis as confounders were deemed immaterial to the investigation. 

Secondly, the investigation concludes that the video creator knowingly titled the video incorrectly (“225x15”) in a vainglorious attempt to support their claim, assuming no one would watch the whole video.  However, the video garnered immediate concern from stakeholders due to its overall length of one minute, four seconds suggesting an unusually fast cadence of reps while allowing for time to start and stop the recording aparatus (the video creator must do this themself since they are a friendless loser) and time to unrack and rerack the weight.

Thirdly, all stakeholders were in agreement that a bodyweight squat for 13 reps is, quote, “embarrasingly weak” given the video creator’s history of steroid abuse and claimed duration of and commitment to serious training.

This matter is now closed.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: 225 squat for “15” reps: an investigation
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 10:23:54 AM »
Your honor,we the getbig jury find the above defendant guilty of being a wet pussy.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 10:26:09 AM »
Hankins fancy legal team wasn’t going to get this case dismissed.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 10:34:25 AM »
"It's not a lie if you believe it"
                       George Costanza

beakdoctor

• Getbig V
  • Cruising on caffeine and blasting with melatonin
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 10:47:44 AM »
I concur with the legal argument and analysis presented in the above report.

Furthermore "the poster", aka Bhank, aka Brian Wood Healy Hankins, is deemed to lack credability and should be declared a hostile witness in any further hearings or proceedings.

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 10:50:35 AM »
What's say you and I go toe to toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor

Arthur Nus

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 11:12:42 AM »

the complete lockout on every rep kind of explains the size and shape of his quads or lack thereof

tension my friend, you need more tension and not the kind that makes you go woohoo on your hairdoo

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2023, 12:03:54 PM »
And this guy uses steroids?!

For a NATURAL guy that blows!

Poor, POOR fucker.

Phantom Spunker

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • Ze/Zir
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2023, 12:06:41 PM »
What's say you and I go toe to toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor

Filibuster...

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2023, 01:16:53 PM »
I vote for acquittal, it is very clear the defendant is mentally defective. Furthermore, the state of Getbig has always had the reputation for being hardest on our most vulnerable members, your Shizzos, your T-bombz, etc.... It's time we changed that.

Also note the defendant is wearing shoes, we all know Mr. Hankins would need his fingers and toes to count to 15. It is a miracle that he even made it to 13.

Look at this man, would you trust him out in public, let alone to count to 15?

It is not Hankins that has failed us, it is us that have failed Hankins.

SOMEPARTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2023, 01:19:28 PM »
Tbombz 2.0

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2023, 01:21:01 PM »

the reason for 13 reps is abundantly clear...

Relentless458

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2023, 01:24:44 PM »
This is the dude that's boasting all the steroids he consumes? Lmfao....epic wearing of the useless Harbinger/Valeo belt....what a joke

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2023, 03:45:23 PM »
Due to exemplary work, from this point forward please consider the poster "hulkotron" the Official Investigator of all Forum Matters (OIFM), reporting to The Committee™.
Y

BBSSchlemiel

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2023, 03:49:24 PM »
I think he had more in him. He also might be able to get more out of it if he kept his upper back tighter. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2023, 03:51:39 PM »
Congrats Hulkotron.....well deserved!

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2023, 03:53:08 PM »
bodybuilder squats. meaning paralell only.

full dept he would get maybe 8, tops

This is why his legs are so small

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2023, 04:51:38 PM »

GymnJuice

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2023, 04:55:28 PM »
It's like a bizarre reverse baker's dozen. A hanky 15 is really 13.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2023, 04:59:41 PM »

I’m worried Brian’s experienced legal team will win this battle.

He has them on retainer.

Stephano

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2023, 05:01:01 PM »
225 for 13 would be weak for a High School football player, and a freshman benchwarmer at that.  Dead serious.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2023, 05:01:35 PM »

Lol, looks like Danny DeVito. That’s shopped right?

Never1AShow

• Getbig V
  • World Record Holder in French Toast Diving
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2023, 05:12:51 PM »
Background: Poster bhanks (http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=106117) was challenged by poster webstar (http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=profile;u=23174 ) on the former’s claim of completing a set of 15 reps of squats with a 225-lb barbell.  To support the claim, bhanks posted the video below (Exhibit A) that appears to show only 13 reps:

An investigative team led by myself was charged with looking into this discrepancy, and are now prepared to report our conclusions.

Methods: the evidence (Exhibit A) was investigated extensively, and interviews were conducted with various stakeholders in the matter.

Conclusions: Firstly, the investigation concludes the video evidence clearly shows only 13 of the claimed 15 reps.  All evident reps were counted despite concerns from some stakeholders on the depth of the eccentric phase.  The video creator’s concern over their history of vaping and claims of lateral compartment knee arthrosis as confounders were deemed immaterial to the investigation. 

Secondly, the investigation concludes that the video creator knowingly titled the video incorrectly (“225x15”) in a vainglorious attempt to support their claim, assuming no one would watch the whole video.  However, the video garnered immediate concern from stakeholders due to its overall length of one minute, four seconds suggesting an unusually fast cadence of reps while allowing for time to start and stop the recording aparatus (the video creator must do this themself since they are a friendless loser) and time to unrack and rerack the weight.

Thirdly, all stakeholders were in agreement that a bodyweight squat for 13 reps is, quote, “embarrasingly weak” given the video creator’s history of steroid abuse and claimed duration of and commitment to serious training.

This matter is now closed.

An excellent investigation, air tight, case closed, well done!

The recent revelations of "I smoke all day long" and vaping excuses indicate to me that further attempts have been tried and failed and are thus perhaps as close to an admission as we will ever get.

muscle matters

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • IFBB pro/lifetime natural
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2023, 05:16:49 PM »

Lol, looks like Danny DeVito. That’s shopped right?

Absolutely not, and with superb hair!

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2023, 05:54:46 PM »
This is why his legs are so small

His legs aren't small because he doesn't go ass to grass.  His legs are small because he obviously only trains legs even slightly seriously when someone challenges him on the internet.  I personally find ass to grass possibly easier than parallel because I can use the back of my legs as a momentum killer as well as something to lean against to generate the lifting force - it was quite an imposition when I realised I didn't have that, doing parallel.

Bhanks, I challenge you to do that challenge once a week and push more reps every week.  I'm confident you can get say, 17 (15) next week.

Also, I encourage the rest of you to revel in the knowledge that it doesn't matter much weight you load up on a bar, you can always get 2 bhanksian repetitions ;D