Author Topic: Fitness Shout!!!  (Read 2622 times)

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Fitness Shout!!!
« on: October 01, 2007, 10:04:37 AM »
OK, I have to shout this out!!! Feel free to give your own shout!!! ;)

"The Fitness Routines at the Olympia"

First I would like to say everyone had a great routine!  :-*

But, I could tell in about 90% of the routines the girls were getting tired.
This is due to the fact that it was sooo late and they had to wait sooo long to get on stage. This also opens the door for a high risk of injury. These girls work sooo hard and should be able to perform their routines full force!!
Timing for routines should be taken into serious consideration.

#1 Because of high risk of injury

#2 These girls work hard and should be able to perform there routines with a resenable amount of rest & warm up time  :P

#3 It's not fair to the audience , who pay good money for tickets and see routines where the girls are tired!!!

Again I will say... Don't get me wrong.... all of the routines were great!!  :-*
I could just tell that the girls were getting run down by the end of the night and I think in all fairness to the competitors this should be addressed!!

Thanks, Thats my SHOUT!!! ;)

Lorie

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
Re: Fitness Shout!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »

OK, Look at what happend to Holly Stewert on the sucky stage @ WPB I told you eventually someone was going to get hurt!!!  :'(

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 10:23:15 AM »

OK, Look at what happend to Holly Stewert on the sucky stage @ WPB I told you eventually someone was going to get hurt!!!  :'(
Hollie's mishap was due to the size of the stage, I don't think it had anything to do with the timing at this show. The stage needs to be bigger for this show to continue to have pro fitness.
Elevate Your Image.™

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 11:54:12 AM »
Lift

I know it had nothing to do with the time!?!?!
I had to do with the size of the stage which is just another example of not thinking about the Fitness competetor's best interest. Whether it be about  the time or the size of the stage one of theses days there will be a big lawsuit because things are not thought through.

look..... At gymnastics meet for example ......USA Gymnastics the governing body makes sure the venue allows for enough space for a sanctioned event. If not then they don't allow it! Safety comes first!!

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 12:11:40 PM »
Lift

I know it had nothing to do with the time!?!?!
Miss Lori Kimes you're original post was about the time related to injury.  :P

I don't disagree with ya, the stage needs to be safe and it's happened at too many shows where an exposed bolt or something has cause injury.

This is something as fitness pros you should email Jen Hendershott about and make it known to her as your Rep.

Elevate Your Image.™

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 12:18:18 PM »
Isaac

Your right and I will gladly do so!   ;)

Just was interested to see if any other fitness pros would step up and have a voice on this board!?!?!?!?!?

Fitness Fan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 12:41:15 PM »
Yeah, I think Jen actually got out on here once and ripped people up for not bringing complaints directly to IFBB. 

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 12:51:19 PM »
I know Jen and I do e-mail info to her when needed

Fitness Fan

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2007, 01:00:15 PM »
Great, I think a lot of folks think this board actually carries any weight or meaning...
Definitely need to make sure right people hear it. 
I heard via Bodysport that Adela was not too happy about the O being sooo late.

Lorie Kimes

• Pros
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2007, 01:05:54 PM »
Thanks Fitness Fan!!
I agree!  ;)

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2007, 01:46:36 PM »
Great, I think a lot of folks think this board actually carries any weight or meaning...
Definitely need to make sure right people hear it. 
I heard via Bodysport that Adela was not too happy about the O being sooo late.

This board is read by more people than you might expect. I think it's a great discussion for the board and a valid one. As long as the concern is voiced to the proper people and not only voiced on a board, it's all good.

I'm sure most of the fitness competitors share your views Lorie. I can't imagine why anyone would want to go on late at night and compete on an unsafe stage. The time portion could be addressed and implemented fairly easily, I would guess.

The safety of the stage is the responsibility of the promoter and if some type of checklist is given before going on stage, I'm sure it would help. IE - someone taking 5 minutes to make sure it's clean, no exposued bolts, etc. The venue itself should have specific requirements in order to hold a fitness event or not be given a sanctioned show, in my opinion. It might cost the promoter more but Hollie's mishap is a reminder of the bigger picture - the athlete's safety. We all want to be entertained with the routines and if the athlete's aren't able to perform because of whatever condition it's not fair to them or the fans.

2 cent out.

Elevate Your Image.™

Denny Crane

• Getbig II
  • I also date midgets.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2007, 02:22:16 PM »
Would you do the honor of killing me?
Denny Crane. Denny Crane.