Author Topic: Bush Waited Six Days To Discuss Shoe Bomber With No GOP Complaints  (Read 3611 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
The bellowing by Republicans over the Obama administration's supposedly lackadaisical response to the attempted bombing of an airliner over Detroit seems as much about political posturing as legitimate national security concerns.

How else to explain the GOP's relatively quiet reaction eight years ago to President George W. Bush's detached response after a similarly-botched terrorist attack?

On December 22, 2001, Richard Reid -- known more infamously as the shoe bomber -- failed in his attempt to blow up a Miami-bound jet using explosives hidden in his shoe. Coming less than four months after September 11, there already were deep concerns about a potential attack during the upcoming holiday break. Nevertheless, President Bush did not directly address the foiled plot for six days, according to an extensive review of newspaper records from that time period. And when he did, it was only in passing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/12/29/bush-waited-nine-days-to_n_406307.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Bush Waited Six Days To Discuss Shoe Bomber With No GOP Complaints
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:43:04 PM »
more of the same from you  ::)

silver lining cock sucking for obama and broad brush condemning of the reps...

hmmm youre a conservative you say  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 08:45:38 PM »
I am a repub.  I've voted for a repub presidential candidate more times than you :)

I am very tough on my own party, sure.  nothing wrong with having high standards.  When GOp bitched about obama's slow response to this near-attack, it makes them look bad.  I would prefer they focus on answers to sloppy airport and TSA security - not shit on obama for taking a lot less time than Bush did.

I would like them start improving things - not just bitching about how bad the other guy is.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 08:48:50 PM »
I am a repub.  I've voted for a repub presidential candidate more times than you :)

I am very tough on my own party, sure.  nothing wrong with having high standards.  When GOp bitched about obama's slow response to this near-attack, it makes them look bad.  I would prefer they focus on answers to sloppy airport and TSA security - not shit on obama for taking a lot less time than Bush did.

I would like them start improving things - not just bitching about how bad the other guy is.
LOL RINO

so you have high standards for your party but low standards for the dems?  ::) LOL Ive said it before and I know Ill have to say it again...you may claim to be a rep but you sir are no conservative...

you bitched right along with them when they condemned bush but defend obama on similar shit  ::) just give it a rest bro seriously

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 08:53:30 PM »
dems don'g get my vote.  But i admit when they get shit right.  it makes me more credible when I say the repubs get something right.

believe me, if/when the repubs run a champ like Thune in 2012, I'll be very vocal on my support ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 08:58:06 PM »
dems don'g get my vote.  But i admit when they get shit right.  it makes me more credible when I say the repubs get something right.

believe me, if/when the repubs run a champ like Thune in 2012, I'll be very vocal on my support ;)
LOL you knee pad for them 240 nothing more nothing less bro

seriously address the silver lining comment, you think im off on that or do you agree you play the silver lining with dems and broad brush condemn with the reps? honestly

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 09:07:50 PM »
The dems do a lot of shitty things - spending, gun control, etc.  This stuff is obvious to me and most others.  I agree very quickly on healthcare, cap/trade, and many other issues with the repubs here.

They don't get my vote.  i've said that here for oh, 7 years now.  I'm very hard on the Gop, but you bet that last doughnut, when they do get their shit together, I'll be the biggest Thune 2012 guy here. 

2008 sucked for candidates.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 09:12:50 PM »
The dems do a lot of shitty things - spending, gun control, etc.  This stuff is obvious to me and most others.  I agree very quickly on healthcare, cap/trade, and many other issues with the repubs here.

They don't get my vote.  i've said that here for oh, 7 years now.  I'm very hard on the Gop, but you bet that last doughnut, when they do get their shit together, I'll be the biggest Thune 2012 guy here. 

2008 sucked for candidates.
youre going back into the old 240 M.O.

answer the question I asked you in a sincere and honest manner

address the silver lining comment, you think im off on that or do you agree you play the silver lining with dems and broad brush condemn with the reps? honestly

being hard on the GOP is one thing I too am hard on them, the difference is I dont knee pad and silver line the dems like you do. I piss on all of them you however seem to be infatuated with obama and silver line every thing he does...

answer the question please

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2009, 09:22:45 PM »
if you think i see the silver linings, that's fine.  some things they do - i agree with.  Many things I do not.  I was such a bush supporter - even on getbig - until 2005.  I still see the whole GOp with those fecal colored glasses :(

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »
if you think i see the silver linings, that's fine.  some things they do - i agree with.  Many things I do not.  I was such a bush supporter - even on getbig - until 2005.  I still see the whole GOp with those fecal colored glasses :(
yet you see the dems with rose colored ones... ::)

Its not whether I see things one way or the other 240 it is what it is and you do silver line/knee pad for the dems and obama youve done so since the campaign hoss. I think everybody here would agree with that statement, whether you do it for debating purposes or not is one thing but to deny you do it is another  ::)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2009, 10:08:30 PM »
yet you see the dems with rose colored ones... ::)

Its not whether I see things one way or the other 240 it is what it is and you do silver line/knee pad for the dems and obama youve done so since the campaign hoss. I think everybody here would agree with that statement, whether you do it for debating purposes or not is one thing but to deny you do it is another  ::)

I wouldn't agree with that statement at all. I think 240 has been very consistent in his views in the 5 yrs I've seen him posting here. I'll tell you one thing about this guy, ...he's got one heckuva keen mind. I'd be scared to be up against him cause he sees things from 20 moves out. I don't mean this to be insulting, but I believe the reason the Repubs crashed & burned as bad as they did, ...is not solely because of Bush and the assiinine decisions he and his handlers made, ...but also because of guys like you. You just can't see the forest because all those darn trees keep blocking your view. And when the stuff starts hitting the fan, and things go sideways... you act like cheerleaders for the continued insanity, rather than doing your job which is to step back and say "Whoa wtf?!"

The reason you don't understand 240 is because he is from that very rare, unique and endangered species known as the intelligent Conservative. And do you know who is the biggest hunter and killer of intelligent conservatives? hint: It's not Democrats. When Republicans keep putting up shit on a stick and have nothing to offer but bashing of the left, guys like 240 have no one to vote for. Some if they are lucky may live in a district that has a good independant or libertarian candidate who represents a platform true to their ideals, but for the most part, it's more shit on a stick, ...so they stay home from the polls rather than vote for what they believe to be shit from any party.

If you truly are a Republican or a Conservative, you ought to be celebrating guys like 240, because they will be the ones responsible for the resurgence and rebirth of the Republican party, ...but most Republicans are just too stupid and myopic to see that.
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2009, 10:21:15 PM »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Like i said many times, many repubs have turned into alarmist whiney cry babies......like many dems a couple of years ago.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2009, 10:40:39 PM »
I wouldn't agree with that statement at all. I think 240 has been very consistent in his views in the 5 yrs I've seen him posting here. I'll tell you one thing about this guy, ...he's got one heckuva keen mind. I'd be scared to be up against him cause he sees things from 20 moves out. I don't mean this to be insulting, but I believe the reason the Repubs crashed & burned as bad as they did, ...is not solely because of Bush and the assiinine decisions he and his handlers made, ...but also because of guys like you. You just can't see the forest because all those darn trees keep blocking your view. And when the stuff starts hitting the fan, and things go sideways... you act like cheerleaders for the continued insanity, rather than doing your job which is to step back and say "Whoa wtf?!"
LOL darling I dont think you should be insinuating my lack of intelligence.

First off the forest for the trees comment...again do you understand what this violation of civil rights opens the door to? apparently to 240 as long as it ends in convicted terrorists its ok no matter the consequences...who is missing the forest for the trees here babe? and he sees things 20 moves out huh?  ::) please darling he backs himself into a corner on a daily basis with his idiocy. I know he just says shit to say shit and create debates dont get me wrong but be honest about it is all Im saying.

Second I dont cheerlead the rep party Ive been criticizing bush and I think the reps are just as lost as 240 does, difference is i dont cheerlead the dems like 240 does.  ;)

"If you truly are a Republican or a Conservative, you ought to be celebrating guys like 240, because they will be the ones responsible for the resurgence and rebirth of the Republican party, ...but most Republicans are just too stupid and myopic to see that."

I have no problem with him having problems with the rep party i have plenty myself again my problem is with his constant knee padding for the administration praising obama for shit he would have condemn bush for.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2009, 11:16:26 PM »
Bush wasn't on fucking vacation in Hawaii when Reid tried to blow up that plane....he was knee deep in working out the details for the take down of the Taliban and AQ in Afghanistan..big friggen difference. Keep defending Obama with Bush did this or Bush did that. Bush is in Texas and Barry is president and he did nothing. He's said nothing on Iran...he does nothing but spend and print money and weaken this country.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2009, 12:42:44 AM »
LOL darling I dont think you should be insinuating my lack of intelligence.

First off the forest for the trees comment...again do you understand what this violation of civil rights opens the door to? apparently to 240 as long as it ends in convicted terrorists its ok no matter the consequences...who is missing the forest for the trees here babe? and he sees things 20 moves out huh?  ::) please darling he backs himself into a corner on a daily basis with his idiocy. I know he just says shit to say shit and create debates dont get me wrong but be honest about it is all Im saying.

Second I dont cheerlead the rep party Ive been criticizing bush and I think the reps are just as lost as 240 does, difference is i dont cheerlead the dems like 240 does.  ;)

"If you truly are a Republican or a Conservative, you ought to be celebrating guys like 240, because they will be the ones responsible for the resurgence and rebirth of the Republican party, ...but most Republicans are just too stupid and myopic to see that."

I have no problem with him having problems with the rep party i have plenty myself again my problem is with his constant knee padding for the administration praising obama for shit he would have condemn bush for.

To what violation of civil rights do you refer? ...and whose?  ;)
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2009, 04:45:07 AM »

The reason you don't understand 240 is because he is from that very rare, unique and endangered species known as the intelligent Conservative. And do you know who is the biggest hunter and killer of intelligent conservatives? hint: It's not Democrats. When Republicans keep putting up shit on a stick and have nothing to offer but bashing of the left, guys like 240 have no one to vote for. Some if they are lucky may live in a district that has a good independant or libertarian candidate who represents a platform true to their ideals, but for the most part, it's more shit on a stick, ...so they stay home from the polls rather than vote for what they believe to be shit from any party.

If you truly are a Republican or a Conservative, you ought to be celebrating guys like 240, because they will be the ones responsible for the resurgence and rebirth of the Republican party, ...but most Republicans are just too stupid and myopic to see that.

Its always amusing when extreme faaaar left wing libs try to insult conservatives.The libs who have brought us such tremendous things as welfare,social security[going broke]medicare[going broke]medicaide[going broke]forced bussing which has set African Americans back by 50 years.Government program after government program ALL of which have been incredible failures.Yes,the dumb conservatives.What a joke libs truly are.

James

« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2009, 04:48:12 AM »

Can you go a week without bringing Bush into the debate, when discussing current events ?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2009, 04:51:24 AM »

Can you go a week without bringing Bush into the debate, when discussing current events ?

Many conservatives (including me) who supported Bush, jumped off his bandwagon along time ago, for many reasons, such as his push for Amnesty, Harriet Myers, Dubai Ports, spending too much and etc...

The problem with that is that current events have been shaped by the recent past, and if you don't understand how you got to where you are, you'll have a difficult time extricating yourself from where you are, to where you want to be. BTW - I actually agreed with Bush on the Dubai ports deal. One of the few areas I actually agreed with him.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2009, 04:57:23 AM »
"240,

Can you go a week without bringing Bush into the debate, when discussing current events ?"

I shall try!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2009, 04:59:45 AM »
"240,

Can you go a week without bringing Bush into the debate, when discussing current events ?"

I shall try!

Nice spin job.  This fiasco is solely on DHS, State, and the rest of the incompetent idiots.  

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2009, 05:43:43 AM »
Obama had a year to reform these organizations and did not.

Just as Bush can't blame 911 on clinton - as he played gold in crawford and let the agencies sit as is - Obama can't pass this off as the org's fault.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2009, 05:54:03 AM »

Just as Bush can't blame 911 on clinton - as he played gold in crawford and let the agencies sit as is - Obama can't pass this off as the org's fault.

The CIA knew about this guy in august. 

The father warned State Dept. 

No excuse or blaming Bush.  Even many lib columnists are disgusted with this admn so far. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2009, 05:54:30 AM »

Actually he can. From what I understand, the CIA can deny the President. this was their screw up. we just now have to determine both how & why it occured.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2009, 05:58:38 AM »
Oddly Bush never really blamed his predecessor. His surrogates might have at times but they were more concerned with the whole "war" thing. Barry blames Bush every chance he gets..Barry is a whiny little bitch.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2009, 06:01:45 AM »
Oddly Bush never really blamed his predecessor. His surrogates might have at times but they were more concerned with the whole "war" thing. Barry blames Bush every chance he gets..Barry is a whiny little bitch.

I dare you to say that to his face! Infact... I double-dog dare you.
w