Author Topic: Pro Boxing and Pro Bodybuilding are DEAD! It's True, Here's Why:  (Read 4154 times)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Pro Boxing and Pro Bodybuilding are DEAD! It's True, Here's Why:
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2007, 11:48:06 AM »
yup. baseball is for girls.

Yup, and some of those girls are making 20 to 25 million a year not counting incentives. They have millions of fans and are treated like royalty. You very well may be the most uninformed poster on Getbig.
The House that Ruth built

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2007, 11:56:26 AM »
Yup, and some of those girls are making 20 to 25 million a year not counting incentives. They have millions of fans and are treated like royalty. You very well may be the most uninformed poster on Getbig.

so? sports for most people have never been about money.
am i supposed to start watching baseball based on the money they make? or exactly what is your suggestion
what is it im uniformed about?
Z

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2007, 12:04:20 PM »
yup. baseball is for girls.
So, u would rather role on the ground with guys, then to hangout with girls?

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2007, 12:10:52 PM »
So, u would rather role on the ground with guys, then to hangout with girls?

gays hang out with girls.
heteros hang out with guys.

hope this helps.
Z

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2007, 12:17:18 PM »
still, 5 seasons is pretty good. how many did slys contender have?  ::)

Very true, bluto...

mma is obviously popular now, it's just interesting that the show isn't doing good.

Your MAAAAaaaa

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • GETBIGS MINISTER OF SEXUAL HEALTH
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2007, 12:24:16 PM »
Very true, bluto...

mma is obviously popular now, it's just interesting that the show isn't doing good.

Every show has its lifespan, how many guys can you put through a series of tests/games and then have them fight at the end?

The show has served its purpose better than the UFC ever imagined, MMA has exploded big time and the show has made some of their top guys bigs stars, the show is a means to an end the bigger picture is that this sport will dominate.

Seeing the best fight the best is a big draw, therefore its better than boxing in that respect and there is no real politics giving rise to shitty decisions and thats where it has bobdybuilding beat as well as every other department in my book.

Bodybuilding is not a great spectacle for joe schmoe, but he can easily get behind he favourite ass kicking machine and be enthralled for 2 hours rather than being bored watching someone get a gift!

ta ta
Pm me for STI advice @ NO COST

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2007, 12:34:24 PM »
He still would more than likely be in the minor leagues with a 1 in 10,000 shot to be a major league pitcher.  There are approximately 300 pitching jobs in MLB. Many high school, college and minor league pitchers can light the gun up at 90 mph and still never get a sniff of the big show.

good point
Here comes the money shot

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2007, 12:54:11 PM »
I hear you've managed to hybrid watching men's gymnastics with the playing of pocket pool.

Congrats on the innovative supergayness.

ROFL :D you stupid fuck ;)

pumphard

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2007, 02:32:26 PM »
gays hang out with girls.
heteros hang out with guys.

hope this helps.

Yes, it does, that tells me you'd rather wrestle a guy, then bang chicks.  But that's ok.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2007, 03:57:38 PM »
MXC is by far the best sport.

"Get it on!!!"

Yeah, its very entertaining.
The House that Ruth built

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2007, 01:35:23 AM »
Hughes has been portrayed in a certain way on the show.  I have met him many times, and he was always cordial, and very nice.  He is opinionated, and will speak his mind.  TUF isn't doing as well this season because of the weight class.  I think a return to Welter/Middle will boost ratings. 

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2007, 02:25:27 AM »
Yes, it does, that tells me you'd rather wrestle a guy, then bang chicks.  But that's ok.

is that what they do in baseball? bang chicks? in that case i can understand its popularity!
Z

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2007, 05:58:25 AM »
Hughes has been portrayed in a certain way on the show.  I have met him many times, and he was always cordial, and very nice.  He is opinionated, and will speak his mind.  TUF isn't doing as well this season because of the weight class.  I think a return to Welter/Middle will boost ratings. 

hughes is the most focused athlete i've ever seen. when he's training he is obsessively focused (psychotic even), but the guy is exactly the same whether he's sparring, fighting, running sprints, intervals, weights, everything. there is no let up, and if you happen to be training with him, you better be exactly the same or, yes, he is going to be very opinionated. he comes across as downright nasty.

admittedly, i don't know him personally and maybe he just doesn't like me on sight, but i've never seen the 'nice' side.

in fact, on the show, from what i've seen of it, he appears much nicer, especially when he's chillin.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2007, 08:37:57 AM »
i've been a fan of mma since the early 90's.

but right now, its the fad these days.

just like how pro wrestling was 4 or so years ago.

it'll die down in the coming months. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 08:43:32 AM »
mma is the next big thing

the corruption and lack of genuine match ups in boxing is turning off the fans

pro bodybuilding will never be popular

except in some hotel rooms
T

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2007, 10:30:17 AM »
UFC 70 mixed martial arts card averages 2.8 million US. viewers
Canadian Press
Published: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 Article tools

NEW YORK (CP) - UFC 70: Worlds Collide averaged 2.8 million viewers in the U.S. on Saturday, Spike TV said Tuesday.

The mixed martial arts card in Manchester, England, was the UFC's first foray into England since 2002 and was shown on Spike in North America instead of the normal pay per view. The main event started at 3 p.m. ET but the TV broadcast was delayed until the evening.

The three-hour show peaked at 3.5 million viewers for the final 15 minutes for the main event between Gabriel Gonzaga and Mirko (Cro Cop) Filipovic. Gonzaga won the fight, shocking Filipovic with a kick to the head for a first-round KO.

But the card did not exceed the TV audience for the third bout last October between Ken Shamrock and Tito Ortiz, which drew 4.2 million on Spike TV and peaked at 5.7 million.

Spike said UFC 70 drew more men aged 18 to 34 (885,000 viewers), than anything on television (broadcast or cable) on Saturday, including NASCAR, baseball and NBA playoffs.

Spike TV is available in 91.6 million homes in the U.S.

Naked4Jesus

• Getbig IV
  • You can save a IFBB Pro today by donating a kidney
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2007, 11:25:26 AM »
This is who 95% of 18-34 year old males, (the only demographic that advertisers truly care about) want to be like and want to look like.

Not some ghetto bastard boxer who cant spell his own name and wouldnt last a minute in a true fight, and certainly not some roided up, abcess-sporting, drug dealing, homosexual prostituting bald "pro" bodybuilder.

Fedor Emelyanenko looks like a fat sack of shit but will easily beat anyone.  After he pummeled Cro Cop he rubbed his belly and farted. 

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2007, 01:03:29 PM »

Nice try douchebag, The Ultimate Fighter is the highest rated show on Spike by a wide margin.  Spike announced 2 more UFC content shows for the new season.  You must be upset that your favorite IFBB "pro" hasnt responded to your request for his soiled undies and samples of his bodily fluids.

hahaha, what the heck are you looking at, the separate age range ratings???  The Fact is that the OVERALL rating for the show has been constintly going down and the show will be pulled.....  It did bring mma to the for front, but the rating SUCK!!  Highest rated show...hahaha...they can't even get a FREE PPV card to get high OVERALL ratings, moron.

Let me guess, you are a fat, out of shape guy that looks like garbage and can't even throw a punch, right? 

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2007, 03:01:05 PM »
 Matt abuses HGH, Anavar, etc.,...be real...ALL DRUGS...
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2007, 04:37:22 PM »
Matt abuses HGH, Anavar, etc.,...be real...ALL DRUGS...

yeah, seriously.

if anyone thinks bbers are the only ones who use drugs.........

you are sorrily mistaken. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2007, 04:40:06 PM »
nobody watch either pro boxing or pro bodybuilding because they wanna "look" like the ones partcipating.

hope that helps you fuckhead

what's the point of looking like a bodybuilder if you can't run up a flight of stairs w/o getting winded, or if you can get your ass kicked by anyone who has rudimentary fighting skills?

This thread is AWESOME.  Wish I had started it...
w