Author Topic: BWAHAHAHA Rush fucked up bigtime... Dittoheads face possible prosecution  (Read 4652 times)

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Why should you have to declare your political beliefs to the government anyway?  The whole idea is kind of sketchy... it's not like you're on a "team" requiring loyalty.  We're all Americans, and our only loyalty should be to our country, not to some party.  If someone wants to vote in a democratic primary one year, and in a republican primary the next, that should be their right.

Open primary states have it right...  you don't have to declare allegiance to any party ever, and you can vote in whatever primary you want, the only requirement being that you cannot vote in more than one party's primary in the same election.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Why should you have to declare your political beliefs to the government anyway?  The whole idea is kind of sketchy... it's not like you're on a "team" requiring loyalty.  We're all Americans, and our only loyalty should be to our country, not to some party.  If someone wants to vote in a democratic primary one year, and in a republican primary the next, that should be their right.

Open primary states have it right...  you don't have to declare allegiance to any party ever, and you can vote in whatever primary you want, the only requirement being that you cannot vote in more than one party's primary in the same election.

Spot on. 

In that vein, here is Obama asking Republicans to vote Democrat in Pennsylvania:

http://newsmax.com/insidecover/Obama_Wants_Republicans_/2008/03/22/82330.html 

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA

Which gets us no where, which is why the forefathers would fix it.

If that were true your side would have abandoned those tactics long ago.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

We're all on the same side, Brix.  The USA.

Political parties are simply entities that we use to achieve great things for the USA.  You're not on the repub side... you're using the repub party to meet your vision of America.

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA

Which gets us no where, which is why the forefathers would fix it.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Why should you have to declare your political beliefs to the government anyway?  The whole idea is kind of sketchy... it's not like you're on a "team" requiring loyalty.  We're all Americans, and our only loyalty should be to our country, not to some party. 

Exactly! I always thought that was the stupidest thing!

It reminds me of those who have it so ass backwards in the middle east who wear their political affiliations on their heads, ...depending on what colour headscarf they wear. Whose business is it anyways? no ones. Least of all the gov
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Oh brother ::)  This is the primary, where DEMOCRATS vote for who they want to have the nomination.  If you want to vote in the DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY, it's hardly out of line for a state to ask that your intentions are within the party.  This isn't exactly the same as Bush requiring loyalty oaths be signed to hear him speak.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Oh brother ::)  This is the primary, where DEMOCRATS vote for who they want to have the nomination.  If you want to vote in the DEMOCRATIC PRIMARY, it's hardly out of line for a state to ask that your intentions are within the party.  This isn't exactly the same as Bush requiring loyalty oaths be signed to hear him speak.

That part I completely understand. I was referring in general terms of declaring your party affiliation for the gov.
I don't think you should have to until voting day at the ballot box, ...but within your system it makes primaries rife for tampering. I guess the Canadian parliamentary system is just plain... better!  :P
w

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?

Exactly, and there is the small matter of them trying to "sabotage" democracy just to make sure their side has a better chance in the election - somehow that doesn't sit right.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
easy way to solve this bs is to have all the primaries at the same time.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
easy way to solve this bs is to have all the primaries at the same time.

I kind of like that idea.  Or they should eliminate the requirement that you belong to a particular party to vote in the primary or sign "loyalty" oaths. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I kind of like that idea.  Or they should eliminate the requirement that you belong to a particular party to vote in the primary or sign "loyalty" oaths. 
exactly and having them at the same time would eliminate many of the problems that bring the parties to require early registration and loyalty oaths.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
exactly and having them at the same time would eliminate many of the problems that bring the parties to require early registration and loyalty oaths.

Will never happen.  Makes too much sense.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Will never happen.  Makes too much sense.
but hey, lets celebrate, it's not often we agree on something :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
but hey, lets celebrate, it's not often we agree on something :)

True.  :)  Now you can go bash me in the president thread.   :D