Author Topic: New Rule (part 2)  (Read 2410 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: New Rule (part 2)
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2007, 06:05:02 AM »
Who cares as long as it looks like I can bench 1000lbs.  ;D

Yep and usually if you truely look like you can handle big weights, you probally can.  The reverse is also true, see it all the time people loading up the leg press or what ever with a million plates, but yet they have little stick legs??  Something must be wrong  ::)  People train their egos more than their muscles.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2007, 06:47:42 AM »
Yep and usually if you truely look like you can handle big weights, you probally can.  The reverse is also true, see it all the time people loading up the leg press or what ever with a million plates, but yet they have little stick legs??  Something must be wrong  ::)  People train their egos more than their muscles.

Well, the same ego thing could be said for building beef for the sake of it.

Actually most of the REALY STRONGest Dudes - Is Sort of FAT! :o

In Fact, most of them look like SHIT!  esp @ peak strength What  = Peak size.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2007, 07:25:57 AM »

Well, the same ego thing could be said for building beef for the sake of it.

Actually most of the REALY STRONGest Dudes - Is Sort of FAT! :o

In Fact, most of them look like SHIT!  esp @ peak strength What  = Peak size.

But if you got the beef you got the strength too IMO.

I really wonder how strong the fat guys are?  I mean if someone 320lbs can bench 500lbs is that really stronger than the leaner 200lb guy who benches 400?  Also most of them power lifters have such weird form and grips that the ROM is very limited.  I like to make the weight I handle feel heavier, not lighter.

Beener

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2007, 07:27:42 AM »
If you're gonna not allow posts on them, there should at least be a sticky. I've seen TONES of posts where kids here write in about em and end up not wanting to take them because of what you guys tell them, which is good. Without that they might end up fuckin themselves up.

After all, this board is here to help people, right?

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2007, 07:34:03 AM »
I'll admit, I'm still guilty of this from time to time. Not so much trying to show off or anything, I don't play that game, but some times after a few really good sets, I get so pumped I'll do something that's probably not the most productive...like go up in weight too much on a final set. Almost everytime I do this, when it's all said and done I end up being pissed off because I know that set was a waste...form got sloppy, didn't get a good contraction, etc. Of course it doesn't always turn out that way, sometimes the heavier set works out great...I just need to do a good job making sure I go up in the right amount...not in the amount I want, but the one that's productive.

lighter.
True to an extent. I think people disregard how much bone structure, joint size, tendon and ligament strength come into play. For example, I know a guy who is a little bigger then me, not by a lot though, and were pretty close to the same in terms of leanness. This guy though has enormous joints...his elbows are as big as some peoples knees, and I truly believe his tendons must look like cabels. Me on the other hand, my joint structure is what I'd call average, not too small, not too big. Anyway, this guy can push/pull a lot more weight then I can. Another thing that comes into play is how long someone has been doing this. Him and I are close to the same age, but he's been at it a lot longer. He's been lifting and competing hardcore since he was 14...did his first show at 15, no joke. So in that regard I think muscle maturity also comes into play with how strong a guy is.

If you're gonna not allow posts on them, there should at least be a sticky. I've seen TONES of posts where kids here write in about em and end up not wanting to take them because of what you guys tell them, which is good. Without that they might end up fuckin themselves up.

After all, this board is here to help people, right?
I agree...we're all here to help...at least that's the idea. Consider the sticky about PH's done...just give me a minute.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2007, 12:39:09 PM »

I really wonder how strong the fat guys are?  I mean if someone 320lbs can bench 500lbs is that really stronger than the leaner 200lb guy who benches 400?  Also most of them power lifters have such weird form and grips that the ROM is very limited.  I like to make the weight I handle feel heavier, not lighter.

Yes and No... BTW the Fat MOFO's is over the 1000lb mark in the BENCH These Days! 600s are getting common as dirt.
Want to Really impress? ya needs be in the 800+ league these days.

Short ROM Yeah, Kevlar shirts - Yeah... But we couldn't even support their weights!

For Most DUdes there also (Unfortunately? ::)) seems to be a direct corelation in More BW = a bigger Bench. Thats just the way it is in that game.  Slob power. There's also a lot of nice muscle under that lard, whenever the odd one gets it in their head to diet.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2007, 06:04:06 PM »
Yes and No... BTW the Fat MOFO's is over the 1000lb mark in the BENCH These Days! 600s are getting common as dirt.
Want to Really impress? ya needs be in the 800+ league these days.

Short ROM Yeah, Kevlar shirts - Yeah... But we couldn't even support their weights!

For Most DUdes there also (Unfortunately? ::)) seems to be a direct corelation in More BW = a bigger Bench. Thats just the way it is in that game.  Slob power. There's also a lot of nice muscle under that lard, whenever the odd one gets it in their head to diet.

Well then lets talk about guys like Ed Conan at 220lbs he had a 2,463 total!!  Which at the time beat guys that weighed almost 200lbs more than him at 220 he blew away the super heavies.  At one time he had the best total regardless of class, he was a freak though.

http://www.criticalbench.com/Ed-Coan.htm

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2007, 06:14:04 PM »
Well then lets talk about guys like Ed Conan at 220lbs he had a 2,463 total!!  Which at the time beat guys that weighed almost 200lbs more than him at 220 he blew away the super heavies.  At one time he had the best total regardless of class, he was a freak though.

Great strength guy. But Rychlech and Mendelson cant be denied. ANd they symetrical compared to some of that tribe.
We all got a dose of ego involved. We do this stuff for various reasons. YOu dont seem egotistical or vain at all, but there'z no shortage of Narcissistic meatheads who been swallowed by the mirror.
It more of a science project to me. I cant resist messing w/ the controls of any vehicle ;D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2007, 06:22:11 PM »
Great strength guy. But Rychlech and Mendelson cant be denied. ANd they symetrical compared to some of that tribe.
We all got a dose of ego involved. We do this stuff for various reasons. YOu dont seem egotistical or vain at all, but there'z no shortage of Narcissistic meatheads who been swallowed by the mirror.
It more of a science project to me. I cant resist messing w/ the controls of any vehicle ;D

Oh I agree I never denied that I have an ego  ;D not overboard though. 

Yeah Ive always been a tinkerer trying to make stuff work better.  Sometimes I break a perfectly good thing though  :-\

4thAD

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2007, 11:59:20 AM »
Who cares as long as it looks like I can bench 1000lbs.  ;D

HAHA lmao exactly!

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 12:03:42 PM »

He's my favorite Powerlifter besides Kaz.

8)