Author Topic: Nova and water retention  (Read 4566 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Nova and water retention
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2007, 04:33:35 AM »
Here's how I understand it.

A complete cheat day defeats the purpose of a keto diet because it takes several days to reach ketosis again. 1 meal of carbs will not do this, it simply shocks the body. But after continues meals of carbs, the body then becomes reacustomed to carbs and therefore starts to rely on them as their sole energy source again. With the 1 cheat meal all you're doing is refueling your glycogen stores, you're not switching your bodies primary energy source from fats to carbs. Even if you eat more carbs then needed to refuel your stores, at that point after 1 meal the body is still not accustomed to using carbs as energy again...at least not as its primary source. As you know, the human body does not want to burn fat (homeostasis) and once ketosis is left in the dust it will revert back to its standard form of energy (carbs).

BTW, cheat meals should be discontinued completely at least 4wks out from a show.

Cool, that does clarify it for me. One more off topic question, what would a cheat meal look like for you?

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2007, 06:30:31 AM »

From what I learned, along with Glycogen replenish, the one carb meal or re-feed will also make sure your thyroid will not slow down. Dieting and low calories for too long can slow down thyroid output. That is unless you take thryoid drugs in addition to your contet prep stack.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2007, 08:35:21 AM »
Cool, that does clarify it for me. One more off topic question, what would a cheat meal look like for you?
Well I posted what I had at IHOP this past Saturday in the locker room thread. Other cheat meals have included Chinese Buffet, I've done that several times, $15 worth of Taco Bell, that is a lot I know, but there are a couple of the little specialty items that I like that don't cost a buck. Always some kind of ice cream every time, either out to Marble Slab or DQ or sit at home and have B&J's...the ice cream is a must for me! Other then that, sometimes I'll go out to a nicer restaurant, kind of depends, on a few things, mostly female stuff, but when I'm dieting the biggest things I crave are just real simple junk, nothing too fancy.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2007, 08:42:19 AM »
Well I posted what I had at IHOP this past Saturday in the locker room thread. Other cheat meals have included Chinese Buffet, I've done that several times, $15 worth of Taco Bell, that is a lot I know, but there are a couple of the little specialty items that I like that don't cost a buck. Always some kind of ice cream every time, either out to Marble Slab or DQ or sit at home and have B&J's...the ice cream is a must for me! Other then that, sometimes I'll go out to a nicer restaurant, kind of depends, on a few things, mostly female stuff, but when I'm dieting the biggest things I crave are just real simple junk, nothing too fancy.

I agree completely but then again we've had this conversation before. When I diet it's the sugar I miss & nothing else. 

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2007, 08:49:07 AM »
I agree completely but then again we've had this conversation before. When I diet it's the sugar I miss & nothing else. 
Oh yeah, that's why I got to have the ice cream, that's why when I went to IHOP I put syrup on everything, even though normally I probably wouldn't have. I'll tell you something else I crave and I don't ever crave this when not dieting, and that's some good sugary cereal. A big ass box of Golden Grahams or Cinnamon Toast Crunch...and I mean the whole box...the big box. As soon as this diet's over, you can bet your ass I'm headed straight to the supper MKT for cereal, and ice cream ;D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2007, 08:54:38 AM »
Oh yeah, that's why I got to have the ice cream, that's why when I went to IHOP I put syrup on everything, even though normally I probably wouldn't have.

I actually stopped using syrup. I now put honey on my pancakes & I eat pancakes once a week. Usually there my own "protein" pancakes - I keep tweaking them & they are pretty tolerable.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2007, 09:05:04 AM »
I actually stopped using syrup. I now put honey on my pancakes & I eat pancakes once a week. Usually there my own "protein" pancakes - I keep tweaking them & they are pretty tolerable.

WHey protine in pancakes or Oatmeal cookies is good.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2007, 09:30:45 AM »
WHey protine in pancakes or Oatmeal cookies is good.

The last batch I didn't even add protein powder.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2007, 09:47:02 AM »
The last batch I didn't even add protein powder.

I throw in exztra egg whites too, till I mess it up and a dog wont even eat it ;D

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2007, 03:11:55 PM »
Not a good idea to cook whey protein. Will denature it at a certain temp (can't remember the exact temp but an oven burner on med. will do it).

7-8 egg whites
1-2 whole eggs
1 c. oats
cinnamon
splenda
*sometimes blueberries

sugar free syrup to top and Smart Balance butter...yummy!  ;)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2007, 05:49:31 PM »
Oh yeah, that's why I got to have the ice cream, that's why when I went to IHOP I put syrup on everything, even though normally I probably wouldn't have. I'll tell you something else I crave and I don't ever crave this when not dieting, and that's some good sugary cereal. A big ass box of Golden Grahams or Cinnamon Toast Crunch...and I mean the whole box...the big box. As soon as this diet's over, you can bet your ass I'm headed straight to the supper MKT for cereal, and ice cream ;D

Thats funny I have to say for the last diet I did I did not crave anything.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2007, 06:41:16 PM »
Not a good idea to cook whey protein. Will denature it at a certain temp (can't remember the exact temp but an oven burner on med. will do it).

7-8 egg whites
1-2 whole eggs
1 c. oats
cinnamon
splenda
*sometimes blueberries

sugar free syrup to top and Smart Balance butter...yummy!  ;)

I basically put the following in a blender & blend until smooth (makes about 3-4 servings depending on how much you want to eat):
6 egg whites
6 whole eggs
1 cup of milk
1.5 cups of oatmeal (uncooked)
& a dash of vanilla extract

Doesn't sound the best but they actually taste pretty good.

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2007, 06:50:02 PM »
I basically put the following in a blender & blend until smooth (makes about 3-4 servings depending on how much you want to eat):
6 egg whites
6 whole eggs
1 cup of milk
1.5 cups of oatmeal (uncooked)
& a dash of vanilla extract

Doesn't sound the best but they actually taste pretty good.

Do you drink this or cook it? Either way it needs tuna.

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2007, 08:42:44 AM »
Cook mine and top with sugar free syrup and smart balance butter.

If Rim drinks his, yikes, better man than me!

The first gym I worked at down here, a group of bodybuilders used to blend:

1 can tuna
diet coke
protein powder  :-X gotta go puke now..

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2007, 08:50:41 AM »
Do you drink this or cook it? Either way it needs tuna.

Cook it of course, add a little olive oil butter & some honey & you're good to go.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2007, 09:33:55 AM »
I recently read that nova helps eliminate water retention.  I knew that it was primarily used for gyno but did not realize that it also helps the body with water retention.  Would liquidex act in the same manner as nova.

4 fucks sake read a damn book will ya..

anyhow..

nolvadex is  an estrogen antagonist..ie it fights for receptor sites....soo yeah it'll stop gyno but water retention it wont..cause ya stuill got that estrogen in your system..it just aint binding to your nipples..cause nolva got there first..

now an aromatase inhibitor will work better..it binds to the aromataze enzyme and stops the conversion in the first place..

www.kitsnmore.com   mods if ya del the site i posted..then friggin del it and pm this dood the site..
carpe` vaginum!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2007, 02:54:04 PM »
Thats funny I have to say for the last diet I did I did not crave anything.
The cravings have not been bad at all...not on this diet. But when it gets close to Saturday and I know the cheat meal is coming, I start thinking about it...the rest of the wk, no big deal. But like I've said, the cheat meal is now gone, so hopefully the cravings will be minimal. If they're not, honestly I don't care...I can honestly say I've never been as "driven" as I am right now...that is a good thing IMO.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2007, 05:28:43 PM »
The cravings have not been bad at all...not on this diet. But when it gets close to Saturday and I know the cheat meal is coming, I start thinking about it...the rest of the wk, no big deal. But like I've said, the cheat meal is now gone, so hopefully the cravings will be minimal. If they're not, honestly I don't care...I can honestly say I've never been as "driven" as I am right now...that is a good thing IMO.

MCT oil helps with the cravings..

ole parillo ws actually right aboput that...dan D used to bash parillo about MCT but the bald fuck proved to be true on dat one..

<dan n i used to talk on the phone every now n then...brilliant bastard...i've forgotton more than most of ya bastards will ever learn..exception is div..dood knows his shit>
carpe` vaginum!

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2007, 05:32:13 PM »
Dan was a trip just to read, must have been a real circus in person.

gammahydroxy

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2007, 06:02:35 PM »
MCT Oil works well, But Slabs of bacon taste much better..
musclegurus.com

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2007, 06:35:52 PM »
MCT Oil works well, But Slabs of bacon taste much better..
......ummm, bacon

busyB

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Have a Nice Day!
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2007, 08:30:38 PM »

Ride that momentum man!! We have all been in the game a while and I am sure all of us have gone thru pits and valleys with working out, lack of motivation sometimes, slack diet, etc.

But nothing beats the feeling when all cylindars are firing!!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2007, 11:24:15 AM »
Ride that momentum man!! We have all been in the game a while and I am sure all of us have gone thru pits and valleys with working out, lack of motivation sometimes, slack diet, etc.

But nothing beats the feeling when all cylindars are firing!!
This is true. I've been so psyched and anxious these past few wks that my "emotional" state is getting kind of weird, lol. I'm not sure if that makes any sense at all and I could go into detail but I think I'll just leave it at that. 8)

trab

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2007, 11:27:43 AM »
This is true. I've been so psyched and anxious these past few wks that my "emotional" state is getting kind of weird, lol. I'm not sure if that makes any sense at all and I could go into detail but I think I'll just leave it at that. 8)

It can make a guy real positive and energized. Use it to advantage.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2007, 11:34:34 AM »

I agree with trab, use it as fuel, emotions can help you big time.

8)