Author Topic: You can help the James family!  (Read 1909 times)

shockandawe

• Getbig II
  • Tiny dogs are like tiny food - just more fun
You can help the James family!
« on: January 23, 2006, 11:14:21 AM »
I post this with all neutrality and seriousness... 
YOU CAN HELP THE VICTIM'S FAMILY

Fact is, no matter who's guilty, at fault, etc.. the James family (namely Maura James) needs everyone's help. They are NOT well off.  I just spoke to her uncle, Chris Leavy, last week and heard that the expenses are about $14K for preparing a body in this condition after it's released, transport back to Florida, additional body prep for the funeral back there, and the funeral itself. Almost unimaginable!! Highway robbers, funeral homes! Dang.

BUT....

I know that no one here is wealthy, and probably everyone thinks that they can't make a difference with a financial goal that big. But the truth is YOU CAN!  I want to ask everyone here to write out a check for $10, $20, $25 or whatever you think you can afford, and send it off to the Melissa James fund that's been set up (see the news section for details).

Honestly, you CAN make a difference in her life. This is NOT an admission that you feel bodybuilding is responsible, or anything like that. It's a human thing to do in the face of something heinous and inhuman - whether you knew Craig, Kelly or Melissa or not. 

Remember, too, that Melissa's mom is looking at an expensive stay and travel expenses in Las Vegas when the trial actually begins. It boggles the mind just how much THAT is going to cost. And there is no one there to pay for it. When I saw the thread "Auction off C&K's belongings" I thought to myself: That would be nice for the James family, since it would help defray the costs of things that they just don't have themselves!!! 

Honestly, it's not anyone's "responsibility", don't get me wrong - no judgement here. If you can, you will. If you can't, that's ok too. However, I do think that it would be great if all of us wrote out a check today and sent it to the addresses listed. There are a few options there. Think about it everyone. Small efforts, collectively, net BIG RESULTS and a lot of relief and comfort to a family that really shouldn't have to think about that right now.

Just my two cents... Hope you all can help.  Thanks for reading...

:)