Author Topic: Is taco bell getting destroyed right now?  (Read 3771 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Is taco bell getting destroyed right now?
« on: December 20, 2006, 08:18:53 PM »
I love the place... haven't been near one since the first e coli scare (green onions) then the second (lettuce).

Anyone follow the stock? pepsi own them?  Any word on if that case was resolved? I miss the ranchero soft tacoes.

king

• Getbig III
Re: Is taco bell getting destroyed right now?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 02:05:28 AM »
i love taco bell...

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 12:09:22 PM »
Last night the CEO was on, Taco Bell ran a commercial stating that it was safe to eat at Taco Bell and how they have strict sanitation standards.

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 02:06:15 PM »
It's down by about 5 points but climbing back up.  It is a divisin of YUM! Brands

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 07:41:50 AM »
I used to eat there maybe once a month - one of the healthier fast food places (ranchero chicken soft tacoes were my favorite).

However, life is busy enough without scheduling an E Coli hospital stop.  So I'm just gonna wait it out.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2006, 01:44:18 PM »
with the all clear it should be fine.  Funny all the commotion about taco bell, but you probably didnt hear about the same issue with olive garden.  They had a large outbreak

king

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2006, 09:34:06 PM »
with the all clear it should be fine.  Funny all the commotion about taco bell, but you probably didnt hear about the same issue with olive garden.  They had a large outbreak

haha man i hope its fine now... i ate there yesterday..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 08:05:25 AM »
wow, that was great PR by olive garden. I had lunch there yesterday and never batted an eye about it.

Now taco bell... i still can't stop there.  See, now I start thinking "If their business has sucked, that means their food inventory isn't likely to be used at the old levels.  So now there is a greater chance that MORE of the stuff there is going bad.  Kinda a self-fulfilling prophecy, I dunno.  But I'm still avoiding the place.

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2006, 09:04:17 AM »
yeah OG got by nicely.  As for taco bell i wouldn't worry too much.  The good thing about fast food places is stuff like meat proucts, desserts etc are frozen.  the letuce has been cleared so as far as food inventory levels i dont think it's an issue.  Everytime i pass by one they are decently busy.  besides managers try to keep food levels to a mininum due to inventory being easier and a lower COS to induce a higher MOP.