Author Topic: Who believes in God?  (Read 52102 times)

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
Re: Who believes in God?
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2012, 11:25:15 PM »
Hi idiot.
If you can't speak quantum mechanics..gtfo. OK retard?

X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2012, 11:26:35 PM »
Hi idiot.
If you can't speak quantum mechanics..gtfo. OK retard?

Hey man, Christian are all about love and acceptance. God would not approve of you cursing and calling us names. Lead the good life, man.
X

the trainer

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2012, 11:31:44 PM »
In this thread we have a bunch of dumb fucks trying to be intelligent speaking of things that they dont know of and they have no proof of the things they say, but i will say one thing to you professors there are no accidents everything happens for a reason, now dont think of god as a person like a getbigger who post crap on this site but as a being of force and power that creates.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
  • Violence is not the answer. It is the question.
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2012, 11:34:10 PM »
Hey man, Christian are all about love and acceptance. God would not approve of you cursing and calling us names. Lead the good life, man.

Never, not once, anywhere..did I say I was a Christian.

Your lame ass predictable little insult failed, didn't it?

You're a pathetic piece of shit. Try harder asshole.
The answer is "yes".

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2012, 11:35:13 PM »
In this thread we have a bunch of dumb fucks trying to be intelligent speaking of things that they dont know of and they have no proof of the things they say, but i will say one thing to you professors there are no accidents everything happens for a reason, now dont think of god as a person like a getbigger who post crap on this site but as a being of force and power that creates.

That pretty much sounds like most getbiggers  :o
X

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2012, 11:35:59 PM »
Never, not once, anywhere..did I say I was a Christian.

Your lame ass predictable little insult failed, didn't it?

You're a pathetic piece of shit. Try harder asshole.

Wow, those words really hurt. How will I ever go on.

Hey man, you have to accept it into your heart.
X

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2012, 11:36:52 PM »
The more I read into quantum physics and the zero point field, the more I believe. And before you rattle off your typical "GetBigger" stance on the topic replete with your barbs of "fairy tale" and other nonsense...I heartily recommend you become familiar with layman quantum mechanics.

Christ! Not another one... First of all, there's no such thing as "layman quantum mechanics" anymore than there is a such a thing as "brain surgery for dummies." As for your recommendation, I would recommend you actually take a couple of years of graduate level mathematics and physics courses to gain the proper foundation to begin to discuss quantum mechanics.

It's actually mind blowing. So? There was a big bang? What was going on before that? (Science has *crickets*) There was nothing? And then..all the sudden...there was something? The Universe? How does that logically differ from.."HEY THERE WAS A FAIRY TALE MAN AND HE MADE THE UNIVERSE"?

So much idiocy in so few words - it's almost painful. So basically your argument (and I use the term loosely) is: "science can't answer the question 'what was going on before the Big Bang" and that's no different than saying 'HEY THERE WAS A FAIRY TALE MAN AND HE MADE THE UNIVERSE'?" Really? You see no difference in saying: "we do not have the answer" to saying "by vigorous hand-waving, goddidit!" Perhaps you should stop reading about quantum mechanics and read a bit about basic logic, or take an introductory course at your local Community College.

I'll also add that your statement assumes that the question "what was going on before the Big Bang" makes sense... Time and temporal causality are properties of the Universe we exist in. The very word "before" is meaningless in the context you're trying to use it. You might as well be asking: "what was going on potatoes the Big Bang?"

So, you non God fearing heathens..you're telling me..that (best science you got, btw) there was nothing and BANG!!! THERE WAS SOMETHING!!

Actually, not all non God-fearing heathens say the same thing. But that's not important. What's important is what science says. And it says two things: (a) the term before the Big Bang is meaningless and (b) we do not know the answer to the question, even if we try to conjure up what the term should mean.

And you laugh at religious people?

Sometimes. But, I must admit that I laugh more at people who claim to "read into quantum physics and the zero point field" and, in the same sentence, demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the fundamentals of science and logic.

Disclaimer: I subscribe to Steve Jobs's view that "all religions are windows to the same house".

No doubt - the question is what house is that?

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2012, 11:37:58 PM »
Wow, those words really hurt. How will I ever go on.

Hey man, you have to accept it into your heart.

I WILL!! SF!! i really will!!

but, doesn't change the fact that you're a piece of shit.

on the good side, i've accepted it in my heart!! :)  ;D
The answer is "yes".

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2012, 11:39:14 PM »
good for you..you've managed to mask your ignorance of quantum psychics  so far....
You were asking who believes in God! In regards to quantam mechanics and their discoveries, they are thousands of years too late, the buddhists have been saying this for centuries, that the Universe appears to be a dynamic web of interconnected and inseparable energy patterns, implying that we are not separated they way most people think, everything is interconnected, and separateness does not in fact exist.  Nothing NEW here Einstein!
V

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 11:39:34 PM »
Christ! Not another one... First of all, there's no such thing as "layman quantum mechanics" anymore than there is a such a thing as "brain surgery for dummies." As for your recommendation, I would recommend you actually take a couple of years of graduate level mathematics and physics courses to gain the proper foundation to begin to discuss quantum mechanics.

So much idiocy in so few words - it's almost painful. So basically your argument (and I use the term loosely) is: "science can't answer the question 'what was going on before the Big Bang" and that's no different than saying 'HEY THERE WAS A FAIRY TALE MAN AND HE MADE THE UNIVERSE'?" Really? You see no difference in saying: "we do not have the answer" to saying "by vigorous hand-waving, goddidit!" Perhaps you should stop reading about quantum mechanics and read a bit about basic logic, or take an introductory course at your local Community College.

I'll also add that your statement assumes that the question "what was going on before the Big Bang" makes sense... Time and temporal causality are properties of the Universe we exist in. The very word "before" is meaningless in the context you're trying to use it. You might as well be asking: "what was going on potatoes the Big Bang?"

Actually, not all non God-fearing heathens say the same thing. But that's not important. What's important is what science says. And it says two things: (a) the term before the Big Bang is meaningless and (b) we do not know the answer to the question, even if we try to conjure up what the term should mean.

Sometimes. But, I must admit that I laugh more at people who claim to "read into quantum physics and the zero point field" and, in the same sentence, demonstrate a complete lack of understanding of the fundamentals of science and logic.

No doubt - the question is what house is that?

Yay! A real guy.

So..before big bang..meaningless? Do tell.
The answer is "yes".

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 11:40:22 PM »
I WILL!! SF!! i really will!!

but, doesn't change the fact that you're a piece of shit.

on the good side, i've accepted it in my heart!! :)  ;D

You can get mad all you want, and type all the curse words you want, its still the internet. And words over the internet make me laugh.

Plus, I think this religion topic has been discussed a billion times over. Plus, there is a specific place for them. Should have posted it there.
X

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 11:41:45 PM »
So..before big bang..meaningless? Do tell.

I already "told" in my previous post, which you, obviously, didn't read.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 11:42:02 PM »
You can get mad all you want, and type all the curse words you want, its still the internet. And words over the internet make me laugh.

Plus, I think this religion topic has been discussed a billion times over. Plus, there is a specific place for them. Should have posted it there.

thanks little buddy!
The answer is "yes".

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 11:42:41 PM »
I already "told" in my previous post, which you, obviously, didn't read.

Oh, I read it.

Before big bang..meaningless..

do tell..
The answer is "yes".

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2012, 11:44:17 PM »
thanks little buddy!

No problem. I will vacate this thread, as your bad ass avatar of skulls and knives is pretty threatening and scaring me.  :-\
X

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2012, 11:45:01 PM »
No problem. I will vacate this thread, as your bad ass avatar of skulls and knives is pretty threatening and scaring me.  :-\

its just an avatar lil guy! if i saw you in real life, i'd buy you an ice cream!!  ;D
The answer is "yes".

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2012, 11:46:57 PM »
its just an avatar lil guy! if i saw you in real life, i'd buy you an ice cream!!  ;D

Zack Morris Approved.

No problem, lil guy.
X

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2012, 11:48:10 PM »
Zack Morris Approved.

No problem, lil guy.

wow! golly! thankz so much zack!!! gee willikers!!
The answer is "yes".

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2012, 11:48:49 PM »
In this thread we have a bunch of dumb fucks trying to be intelligent speaking of things that they dont know of and they have no proof of the things they say, but i will say one thing to you professors there are no accidents everything happens for a reason

Let's play the platitude game! Is it "event → reason" where → means "causes" or that "reason → event"?

now dont think of god as a person like a getbigger who post crap on this site but as a being of force and power that creates.

OK... I did think of god as a force. But all the forces I know are caused by something. What's the cause of the Godforce?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2012, 11:49:23 PM »
wow! golly! thankz so much zack!!! gee willikers!!

X

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2012, 11:50:10 PM »
Oh, I read it.

Before big bang..meaningless..

do tell..

Tell what? The term "before" implies a causal relationship. Causal relationships are a property of the Universe, and it's meaningless to discuss them outside of the framework of the Universe.

daddy8ball

• Getbig III
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2012, 11:53:09 PM »
Tell what? The term "before" implies a causal relationship. Causal relationships are a property of the Universe, and it's meaningless to discuss them outside of the framework of the Universe.

meaningless == "smart guy answer" when he doesn't know what the fuck is going on,.

big bang.
before big bang.
what was going on?
answer
The answer is "yes".

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2012, 11:55:52 PM »
meaningless == "smart guy answer" when he doesn't know what the fuck is going on,.

A smart guy answers "I don't know" when he doesn't know. That answer is the foundation of knowledge.

big bang.

STUFF GO BOOM!

before big bang.

Repeating the words won't magically make them have meaning.

what was going on?

What's going on when?

answer

If I can, I will. But what exactly, am I supposed to answer?

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2012, 11:55:53 PM »
Let's play the platitude game! Is it "event → reason" where → means "causes" or that "reason → event"?

OK... I did think of god as a force. But all the forces I know are caused by something. What's the cause of the Godforce?
To suggest that God was the result of some Cause, puts you in an endless loop, because you will always ask what caused the force that created the godforce and so on it goes indefinitely  If you answered that some other force created the Godforce, well the obvious question after that is "What created that"!
V

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2012, 11:56:41 PM »
To suggest that God was the result of some Cause, puts you in an endless loop, because you will always ask what caused the force that created the godforce and so on it goes indefinitely  If you answered that some other force created the Godforce, well the obvious question after that is "What created that"!

You ruined the platitudes game E-Kul!