Author Topic: Why don't the mods just move everything off of the boards!  (Read 7013 times)

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
Re: Why don't the mods just move everything off of the boards!
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2011, 12:19:30 PM »

Leave the politics and religious board.don't need all those nut jobs posting here!

......Princess is cool.can't make everybody happy....no knock on her but I would of left the 5 greatest movies of all time on this board.it had a nice discussion going.
Keeping the religious boards makes sense.  I'll give you a perfect example: Alot of us like mma, these Kongo threads have gotten way more traffic on gossip and opinions then they would have on the "mma" board. Most of us just don't go to the other boards, its that simple.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 12:21:55 PM »
Keeping the religious boards makes sense.  I'll give you a perfect example: Alot of us like mma, these Kongo threads have gotten way more traffic on gossip and opinions then they would have on the "mma" board. Most of us just don't go to the other boards, its that simple.

Thats why I said you can't make everybody happy.I don't follow MMA at all.I read Kongo and I think somebody spelled the African nation Congo wrong.it wouldn't bother me a bit if the thread was moved ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 12:29:23 PM »

......Princess is cool.can't make everybody happy....no knock on her but I would of left the 5 greatest movies of all time on this board.it had a nice discussion going.

Hey ~ I was just trying to make you feel useful ~ ie; give you something to do  ;)

Seriously though.  I don't read every single post.  Move it back if you want, although knowing Ron, he'll move it the first chance he gets.

What is the big hairy deal with scrolling down anyway  ??? ::)  BTW ~ for everyone who bitches about thread moves, there's just as many or more bitching "off topic" via the 'report to mod' button.  Can't please everyone.
:

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2011, 12:29:50 PM »

Thats why I said you can't make everybody happy.I don't follow MMA at all.I read Kongo and I think somebody spelled the African nation Congo wrong.it wouldn't bother me a bit if the thread was moved ;D
You know the old saying Calvin: If you don't like it, dont read it.  Thats why threads have topics to begin with.  No one is forcing anyone to click on a certain thread.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2011, 12:33:07 PM »
There are way too many boards here, Getbig is a great place but I don't think it draws in so much traffic that we need special boards just for talking about dozens of different topics.  "General", "Training", "Religious and Political Bullshit" would probably be enough.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2011, 12:33:31 PM »
religion of peace  ::)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2011, 12:33:38 PM »
Hey ~ I was just trying to make you feel useful ~ ie; give you something to do  ;)

Seriously though.  I don't read every single post.  Move it back if you want, although knowing Ron, he'll move it the first chance he gets.

What is the big hairy deal with scrolling down anyway  ??? ::)  BTW ~ for everyone who bitches about thread moves, there's just as many or more bitching "off topic" via the 'report to mod' button.  Can't please everyone.

I'm so used to not being able to move threads on the Y I didn't know I could move it ;D

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2011, 12:34:05 PM »

Because princess this is supposed to be the "main" board.  Your right you can't please everybody, but you also shouldn't pick and choose which threads get moved and which don't.  What does Billy the kids photo have to do with bodybuilding?  Nothing.  But I like the fact that an interesting thread like that pops up on the "Gossip and Opinions" board.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2011, 12:34:57 PM »
Moving threads is OK, but there's little to talk about with BB now and Getbig is pretty slow nowadays with little activity, so popular threads like the movie should just stay. Most of us only go visit half a dozen or less of the other boards here. Even the threads moved to the general board die pretty quickly.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2011, 12:35:15 PM »
Threads of piece.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2011, 12:42:39 PM »

Leave the politics and religious board.don't need all those nut jobs posting here!

Remember figg's injury? :)

What is the big hairy deal with scrolling down anyway 

I don't really understand this either. ???

Because princess this is supposed to be the "main" board.  Your right you can't please everybody, but you also shouldn't pick and choose which threads get moved and which don't.  What does Billy the kids photo have to do with bodybuilding?  Nothing.  But I like the fact that an interesting thread like that pops up on the "Gossip and Opinions" board.

Actually the G and O is supposed to be BB related and General is the main non-BB board.  That's one reason Ron brought it up under the G and O since people seem to have a hard time scrolling down for some reason.  But you're right, I agree there are some boards here that could be deleted and the General used.  And one is the E Board.

Hi Clavin  :)

R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2011, 12:43:05 PM »

I'm so used to not being able to move threads on the Y

I told you how to do it guy!
R

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2011, 12:52:51 PM »
I don't get it, topics that are getting some serious traffic as in 300+ posts are moved for no reason at all.  You can't use the excuse that it's not bodybuilding related either.  If you look at most of the topics on the "Gossip and Opinions" board, by those standards 90% should be moved. Here is an idea: Why don't you get rid of all the useless boards that barely anyone goes on anyway?  You have like 30 boards, and I go to maybe 2-3. I'm sure most of us feel the same way.  It's time for the forum members to have thier input!  ;D
Fully agree. Threads are moved at random, with no logic behind why they are moved or where they end up. Even popular threads are simply deleted on a whim because some unknown crybaby (mod?) got butthurt, yet other equally offensive crap remains.

Besides, we've got more than a few pussies that hide on a few wasteland boards because every time they come to G&O they get their asses handed to them. They have a past that haunts them here on getbig. I don't have to name names...you know who you are!  ;D
!

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2011, 12:54:54 PM »

given you're the only chick in this thread, as BDB would say, PTPS, Princess L.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »
Like do we really need a dedicated board for Powerlifting / Strongman?  There hasn't even been a new post there in almost a week and there are threads whose last post was in 2010 still on the first page.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2011, 12:55:33 PM »

Shaddup.  >:(
Some of those jackholes need to step up to G&O...so we can post their pics and make fun of them!  ;D
!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2011, 01:00:15 PM »
Every post from now on just needs to include this pic to make it 'bodybuilding related'

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2011, 01:08:38 PM »
It's retarted. Why would you move the movie thread. It was the most interesting topic of the last few days. 98% of topics aren't bodybuilding related. Bad job.

quoted for irony..  ;)

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2011, 01:48:10 AM »
Every post from now on just needs to include this pic to make it 'bodybuilding related'

yes, maybe we should do that to satisfy the gay lobby forces

io856

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2011, 01:51:33 AM »
yes, maybe we should do that to satisfy the gay lobby forces
;D

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2011, 03:21:12 AM »
It's retarted. Why would you move the movie thread. It was the most interesting topic of the last few days. 98% of topics aren't bodybuilding related. Bad job.

100% agree

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2011, 03:51:10 AM »
"Princess" is a perfect example why women should stay in the kitchen or do the laundry.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #47 on: June 28, 2011, 04:37:31 AM »

Your role as a moderator is to make this place better, not worse
I mean you didnt even address the poster's comment properly, just posted the above pic
Great work

The Grim Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #48 on: June 28, 2011, 04:42:54 AM »

That's not gh15

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #49 on: June 28, 2011, 04:48:08 AM »
quoted for irony..  ;)
Retarted (sic) is a word with some history 'round these parts.   ;)