Author Topic: My triceps routine  (Read 7268 times)

Jack D. Muscle

• Getbig II
My triceps routine
« on: March 19, 2017, 05:26:00 PM »
Rule of thumb I do a mass builder at around 8-10 reps, followed by a peak contraction exercise for 12-15 reps:

Seated overhead tricep extensions: 2 warm up sets, 3 work sets
Tricep pushdowns: 3 sets
Skullcrushers: 3 sets
Tricep kickbacks: 3 sets

I do this 2 days per week. Sometimes I will substitute close grip benches for the skullcrushers.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
Re: My triceps routine
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2017, 05:28:04 PM »
WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME ........................ ...........FUCKFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2017, 05:31:56 PM »
WELCOME TO THE THUNDERDOME ........................ ...........FUCKFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111111

Christ Wes, he was only on here 2 minutes when you screamed at him - surely that's some sort of record?  You must be sat poised at that keyboard like a cobra or something.....
T

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2017, 05:35:33 PM »
Rule of thumb I do a mass builder at around 8-10 reps, followed by a peak contraction exercise for 12-15 reps:

I do this 2 days per week. Sometimes I will substitute close grip benches for the skullcrushers.

Congrats on getting another account approved Joon.  ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2017, 05:39:36 PM »
Golly gee Jack you must be jacked

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2017, 05:40:17 PM »
Christ Wes, he was only on here 2 minutes when you screamed at him - surely that's some sort of record?  You must be sat poised at that keyboard like a cobra or something.....
I`m always ready to spring out at the next unfunny gimmick account.  LOL  :D

bozo_the_rot

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2017, 05:47:11 PM »

Wow, you really blew my mind throwing in the close grips!! I'm bout to get me some horseshoes  :o

Rusty Trombone

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2017, 06:53:57 PM »
For maximizing those muscle gains,I recommend you ingest a frutty creatine drink,both pre- and intra-workout.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2017, 06:59:55 PM »
 ::)

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2017, 07:57:19 PM »

Pics of said triceps?
A

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 08:09:01 PM »
Pics of said triceps?

Too late

Christ Wes, he was only on here 2 minutes when you screamed at him - surely that's some sort of record?  You must be sat poised at that keyboard like a cobra or something.....

Also removed in record time  ;)
:

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 10:57:14 PM »
I tend to do a modified pushdown instead of regular skullcrushers since there's no resistance at the top of the movement while laying flat.

Instead of doing the pushdowns standing up with upper-arms fairly vertical, I'll bend forward just a bit at the waist and instead of having upper-arms mostly vertical, I'll bring my elbows up a few inches so my upper arms are about 45° in relation to my torso (or the floor, if that makes sense), & I'm pushing "out" as opposed to pushing down. That way I'm sorta doing a movement similar to a skullcrusher, except i still have resistance while in the fully contracted portion of the movement.

I also like to do overhead extensions while laying on a 45°/35° incline bench using a cable... Again, do to maintaining resistance throughout the entire range of motion. Similar to the movement I described above, except the upper arm is at this "\" angle, opposed to that "/" angle described above (obviously).

I generally prefer to begin my triceps work with arms overhead in an effort to engage the long head as much asnpossible while decreasing long head recruitment while progressively increasing lateral head workload.

Sorta like overhead/straight up "⬆",
then overhead 45° "↖"...

...However, I do conventional pushdowns next "⬇",
then to modified pushdown/skullcrusher-substitute "↙", because I can't use as much weight on those. (well, I "can", but other muscles get brought in to play at the "top" or stretched portion of the movement... Such as lats, rear delts, serratus, & abs)

33seven

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 11:54:35 PM »
I do pushdowns with lava rocks tied to violin strings from a one off Stradavarius, the same violin strings I used to stitch up a wound I got while defending myself against 6 trained killers at once in prison.

I will now go make steroids in my bathtub while entertaining vietnamese supermodels while on house arrest

Simple Simon

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2017, 01:43:53 AM »
I tend to do a modified pushdown instead of regular skullcrushers since there's no resistance at the top of the movement while laying flat.

Instead of doing the pushdowns standing up with upper-arms fairly vertical, I'll bend forward just a bit at the waist and instead of having upper-arms mostly vertical, I'll bring my elbows up a few inches so my upper arms are about 45° in relation to my torso (or the floor, if that makes sense), & I'm pushing "out" as opposed to pushing down. That way I'm sorta doing a movement similar to a skullcrusher, except i still have resistance while in the fully contracted portion of the movement.

I also like to do overhead extensions while laying on a 45°/35° incline bench using a cable... Again, do to maintaining resistance throughout the entire range of motion. Similar to the movement I described above, except the upper arm is at this "\" angle, opposed to that "/" angle described above (obviously).

I generally prefer to begin my triceps work with arms overhead in an effort to engage the long head as much asnpossible while decreasing long head recruitment while progressively increasing lateral head workload.

Sorta like overhead/straight up "⬆",
then overhead 45° "↖"...

...However, I do conventional pushdowns next "⬇",
then to modified pushdown/skullcrusher-substitute "↙", because I can't use as much weight on those. (well, I "can", but other muscles get brought in to play at the "top" or stretched portion of the movement... Such as lats, rear delts, serratus, & abs)
I just do rope extensions and a few machine dips

simples

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2017, 02:21:29 AM »
You get bigger triceps from overload and caloric surplus

Stop making shit complex

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 02:32:53 AM »
You get bigger triceps from overload and caloric surplus

Stop making shit complex

You can overload tri's with closegrip benches and just regular bench press.... And we all know powerlifters have great looking triceps, right?

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 07:54:31 AM »
Close grip bench
Skull crushers
Heavy dips
JM Press

bozo_the_rot

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 07:59:13 AM »
You can overload tri's with closegrip benches and just regular bench press.... And we all know powerlifters have great looking triceps, right?

Exactly, it's a combo of both volume and weight overload to advance in development.

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 08:27:33 AM »
I do pushdowns with lava rocks tied to violin strings from a one off Stradavarius, the same violin strings I used to stitch up a wound I got while defending myself against 6 trained killers at once in prison.

I will now go make steroids in my bathtub while entertaining vietnamese supermodels while on house arrest

HAHAHAHAHA

Simple Simon

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 08:55:48 AM »

tricep shape is genetic....

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2017, 09:03:48 AM »
Close grip bench
Skull crushers
Heavy dips
JM Press

BLAKELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2017, 09:04:39 AM »

LOL  :D

Taffin

• Getbig V
  • Training out my gay penor...
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2017, 11:40:00 AM »
Too late

Also removed in record time  ;)

Agreed.  You and Wes had excellent fast-twitch responses  ;D
T

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2017, 12:18:33 PM »
I think you only need two exercises for triceps . . . Keep in mind to warm up, start light and move as heavy as possible until failure.

Exercise #1 - Dumbbell triceps presses : Placing two dumbells on the floor, sit on floor between bells, grasp and lay on floor as if benching ( the bells will be in your hands with the triceps resting on floor. ) Press bells to arms length and lower slowly. This motion will isolate your triceps and while similar to a close-grip bench uses only triceps ( no delts or pecs. )

Exercise #2 - Follow up with shoulder width press downs using a straight bar.

A total of 8 to 10 sets 12 to 15 reps will build muscle like never before.

J

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2017, 12:20:16 PM »
tricep shape is genetic....

Yep, but show me the long head of the triceps of a guy who does only 12 sets of pushdowns vs a guy who does 6 sets of pushdowns and 6 sets of overhead extensions.