Author Topic: Let's get abs  (Read 13607 times)

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
Let's get abs
« on: September 04, 2017, 03:10:43 PM »
That's the only thing light weights are semi good at.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Post your abs
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2017, 03:21:19 PM »
That's the only thing light weights are semi good at.

Looks good. Would look better with a tan.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2017, 03:24:01 PM »
They're in a bubble wrap envelope waiting for stamps. I'll put them in the post tomorrow....no mail today.

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2017, 03:48:54 PM »
Looks good. Would look better with a tan.

Thanks. Throughout my years of training, I've found that ab rollouts and weighted leg raises are the best for abs. If you can do full ab rollouts with a weighted vest your core is a strong as anyone's.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2017, 06:28:42 PM »
Thanks. Throughout my years of training, I've found that ab rollouts and weighted leg raises are the best for abs. If you can do full ab rollouts with a weighted vest your core is a strong as anyone's.

I'll give these a try.

tres_taco_combo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 08:28:21 AM »

by far the best 2 ab movements

ab wheel
many variants of leg raises (high reps, weighted, pause movements)

go get a spray tan brol

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2018, 07:17:52 PM »

Do you do your roll outs from the standing position or from your knees? Weighted leg raises from a bench or are they hanging?

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2018, 12:54:25 PM »
Yeah, mine are currently hiding

Bench

Jona

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2018, 10:24:58 AM »
hiding from a long bulk but hopefully will see them soon for summer ;D

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2018, 06:42:40 PM »
Do you do your roll outs from the standing position or from your knees? Weighted leg raises from a bench or are they hanging?

Not been around awhile sorry for not responding.

From the standing position. You don't have to go all the way down and I wouldn't recommend it in the beginning or at all. You can kill your abs just doing high reps in a range you can handle. It's really a compound, gymnastics type body lever that involves more than just abs, but you probably know that. Effort does the job.

Weighted leg raises from a bench definitely. If you can rep 50 lbs attached to your ankles for 100 in good time your abs are as strong as anyone's.

fista34

• Getbig II
Re: Let's get abs
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 05:32:44 AM »
I have seen guys walk into a gym do an hour of ab work and go home. The entire dvd have been made about ab training, and anybody seems to consider a workout complete without ab specific work. Now i get it there are few things in this world more coveted than a shredded 6 pack but here's the problem we are to fat for ti to matter. You have your abs and then you have bally fat It doesn't matter how perfect your ab development is if they are always covered by fat.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2020, 11:35:56 AM »
I really like ab wheel roll outs. Did them consistently for over two years but I suspect they contributed to my shoulder problems. It's a lot of leverage on shoulder joint in the outstretch arms.

lamarclark09

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2023, 11:56:50 PM »
I’d prefer leg Raise rather than anything else as they are good in increasing muscular development, and functional strength

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2023, 04:58:58 PM »
I’d prefer leg Raise rather than anything else as they are good in increasing muscular development, and functional strength

Lately I have been doing leg raises on an incline board. I'm feeling them more than hanging leg raises.