Author Topic: Mosley vs Marg boxing Saturday at Staples  (Read 2256 times)

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
Mosley vs Marg boxing Saturday at Staples
« on: January 21, 2009, 06:35:05 AM »

Should be a great fight.  On a side note Oscar said he'll fight the winner.  Why doesnt he just go away with his wife to P.R.?
Oh...Monica!

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
Re: Mosley vs Marg Saturday
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 06:50:59 AM »
Should be a great fight.  On a side note Oscar said he'll fight the winner.  Why doesnt he just go away with his wife to P.R.?

My prediction : first 6 rounds Mosley(boxing outside)  after that all Marg , round 11 TKO  (ref stoppage)

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:35:27 AM »
Anything can happen. Experience is everything though. Remember people thought Pavlik would KO Hopkins? Sugar Shane has so much experience. But after seeing Cotto hit Margerito with everything he had and Margerito didn't budge one bit. No way Mosley can hurt him. As for De La Hoya? This guy is bye bye. Finished. He'll loose every big fight from here on in just like Roy Jones. Keep in mind? If Cotto made it just one more round he would have taken the decision. Mosley can win it if he uses his experience. 4-5 punch combos then run.

Drama Queen

• Getbig IV
  • "Silence is argument carried on by other means''
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 10:18:42 AM »
Anything can happen. Experience is everything though. Remember people thought Pavlik would KO Hopkins? Sugar Shane has so much experience. But after seeing Cotto hit Margerito with everything he had and Margerito didn't budge one bit. No way Mosley can hurt him. As for De La Hoya? This guy is bye bye. Finished. He'll loose every big fight from here on in just like Roy Jones. Keep in mind? If Cotto made it just one more round he would have taken the decision. Mosley can win it if he uses his experience. 4-5 punch combos then run.
That's right .
What celebrity are you taking to the fight ,Cheftim?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 10:33:13 AM »
only way sugar loses this fight is if he doesn't fight his fight, on his toes, box, box, head movement, springing in and out, drop a power shot here and there..etc,etc.

only problem with shane is he has a tendency to get side tracked when hit and wants to hit you back harder thus a brawl breaks out and all the above is thrown out the window for 4-5 rds easy with him...sometimes the entire fight.

I'm glad he got rid of his dad who done a fantastic job with him, but in some fights where mosley was obviously not using the gameplan his dad simply did not get in his a$$ like another trainer would. He just let's him fight...which is fine but I think shane when "boxing" is better than the "brawler" shane.

To hell with oscar also.   

cheftim

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 11:03:22 AM »
Good post dude. It's going to be a very exciting fight. If Mosley wins he's gonna call out Floyd Mayweather. He can't go toe to toe with this guy and that iron chin. If he fights this guy smart he'll win it. I'd like to be optomistic? Sugar Shane by decision.

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »
Good post dude. It's going to be a very exciting fight. If Mosley wins he's gonna call out Floyd Mayweather. He can't go toe to toe with this guy and that iron chin. If he fights this guy smart he'll win it. I'd like to be optomistic? Sugar Shane by decision.

I've always wanted to see shane and floyd go at it for years man.

I always felt shane out of all would give floyd the most trouble and possibly stop floyd.

I was hoping after shane ko'd vargas floyd would happen. A cotto win would have no doubt indeed set the match,but that didn't happen.

This will be a great fight. Neither guy will back down I can promise you that one. 

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: Mosley vs Marg boxing Saturday at Staples
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 06:17:34 PM »
I see shane having some luck early on but once the dust settles Marg will impose his will and wear down shane....no knockout but I see a clear win on point for Marg..

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2009, 03:31:01 AM »
i dont know who margarito is (havent watched boxing in a while) but if he as good as mosley was in his hey day then margarito will win by decision

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 04:57:39 AM »
i dont know who margarito is (havent watched boxing in a while) but if he as good as mosley was in his hey day then margarito will win by decision

nothing to talk about until he beat cotto who went head hunting vs sticking to his normal body work.  has a good chin but there arent any 147-154 one shot guys out there at the moment ala thomas hearns to really test his chin.  phil williams is a 6ft+ guy but is more an accumulation puncher.

dont know if mosley has the legs at 37 but he has a good chin also.  if he can move and slide...he can out point.  not much technique with marg.
Oh...Monica!

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 08:59:17 AM »
Based on Mosley's last fight with a shot Mayorga, his chances of winning dont look good. In that fight he had spots where he didnt do anything.

With a guy like Margarito you cant relax cause he gets stronger as the fight goes on. If Mosely was a crafty fighter ala Hopkins/Floyd...I'd give him a better chance. Mosley defense aint great and at this point of his career his legs are gone. Mosley can handle Margs punches to the head, I dont know about the body though.

I see a corner stoppage or ref where Mosley is taking too many punches but refuses to go down. Should be a good fight though.