Author Topic: Is anyone else sick of "modern" gyms?  (Read 15937 times)

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
Re: Is anyone else sick of "modern" gyms?
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2013, 05:21:27 AM »
I'll pay 100 a plate for these right now.....20s and up.....

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2013, 05:25:35 AM »
Mine is in my basement, which is cool most of the time. You see, I am both the strongest and the weakest dude in my gym, which sucks...and rules.

There are times that I could use some external motivation and inspiration.

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2013, 05:31:41 AM »
Mine is in my basement, which is cool most of the time. You see, I am both the strongest and the weakest dude in my gym, which sucks...and rules.

There are times that I could use some external motivation and inspiration.

I can't work or lift at home....have to go out of the house, too close are the temptations ie refrigerator, tv and couch

_aj_

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • The Return of the OG
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2013, 05:34:09 AM »
I can't work or lift at home....have to go out of the house, too close are the temptations ie refrigerator, tv and couch

I had to learn to ignore those, as my time window for training is pretty narrow. The good news is that I ignore them so well now, that I don't watch TV, nor do I snack at all. I somehow have backed into 24x7 dicipline.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2013, 07:53:56 AM »
Oh for sure. Would love to suck his cock too.

LMAO!

No seriously. It's something along the lines of: "these gyms are clean, huge, hundreds of machines and benches, sweet cardio equipment, hot chicks everywhere, you are typically the biggest leanest strongest guy in the place...."

No shit whenever I'm in a new city my go to if there's not a Gold's is always an LA Fitness.  8)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2013, 08:00:01 AM »
I have 2 gym memberships, I like to switch it up. Sometimes I want hardcore old school equipment..sometimes I want a piña colada protein smoothie pwo chillen in a jacuzzi with Espn on the flat screen

I'm in my gym almost 15hrs a day and IT DOES get monotonous so I have a membership at MetRx gym. I'm usually there on the weekends. Need to change it up once in a while.

buffdnet

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • fuck the pope
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2013, 08:12:24 AM »
I'm 60 miles North of you if ya ever want to make a road trip
I noticed that via your fb page.  I no longer own a car or drive and that's
a tad outside of what i can do on my bicycle.  I'm putting that on my to do list.

oh and internet tough guy, I know your just harassin but i'll have time to calm down when i'm dead.
until then

team: fuck the navy

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2013, 09:45:19 AM »
Commercial gyms are reasonable...as long as you're reasonable. I use chalk at 24 hr fitness I just make sure to clean it up. I grunt and give out a yell if I feel necessary but I'm not shouting all the time like a retard.  I listen to whatever music I like and as loud as I like...i use headphones. I love the convenience of being able to go to the gym anytime of the day I want or can go.  

Sure, I wish the dumbbells went higher than 120 but hey... I remember when old ballys only went up to 90. They are making improvements.

Now if you're pole vaulting 700lbs on the bench with a super shirt then either get real, drop the weight, take off the super shirt and stop pole vaulting on the bench like a retard OR go find a pole vaulting gym. If you're quarter squatting  800 in your super suit either get real, drop the weight, take off your suit, put the bar high on your back where it belongs, and squat a2g OR go join your pole vaulting buddies.
A

Natural Beast

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2013, 09:59:20 AM »
It seems like all gyms today are so..I don't know... too clean or just "pussified" for lack of a better term. There's TVs everywhere, shitty pop music blasting all day, the trainers don't even look like they lift, no chalk rules, useless machines take up 90% of the gym, they get mad if you drop a little weight, and all the weights are covered in plastic. Where are all the hardcore gyms? I really miss the sweet heavenly sound of York weights rumbling through each rep.

i hate the people in modern gyms.. they are all so weird or im the weird one.. i dont know :D

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2013, 10:22:41 AM »
old-school gym is best!

ESFitness

• Getbig V
  • i win.
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2013, 10:43:55 AM »
it's all about money.

the old school hardcore gyms don't make money. to run one you'd be working for free or doing charity or running it like a non-profit.

equipment is expensive, leases are expensive, insurance is expensive, power bills are expensive.

bodybuilders and hardcore trainers are a niche market, whereas a 'modern gym' is appealing to a large market or regular people who are intimidated by hardcore dudes.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 10:46:44 AM »
it's all about money.

the old school hardcore gyms don't make money. to run one you'd be working for free or doing charity or running it like a non-profit.

equipment is expensive, leases are expensive, insurance is expensive, power bills are expensive.

bodybuilders and hardcore trainers are a niche market, whereas a 'modern gym' is appealing to a large market or regular people who are intimidated by hardcore dudes.

well said

Thespritz0

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2013, 10:59:46 AM »
www.probodies.ca

mine
^^
Nice place Bro, makes me feel bad about living in Vancouver now!!!!!!!! :(

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 11:03:36 AM »
it's all about money.

These gyms are actually a public service to bodybuilders and serious trainers...because if it wasn't for the cadre of salesmen roping in new members and trolling the floor trying to sell PT....we would not have a state of the art training facility ten minutes from our house that costs a whopping 28 dollars a month.

I won't make any friends saying this but the grimy, hardcore trappings and macho attitude of the "dungeon" gym does nothing for me.

I want a clean modern facility with all the amenities....not a gym in an industrial park with a bunch of fat guys powerlifting and yelling and screaming.

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2013, 11:26:03 AM »
The best commercial gyms I've been to are the UFC gyms. Kettlebells, stretch bands, platforms, bumper plates for oly lifting, tires, sleds etc. I hope they take over.
A

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2013, 12:49:53 PM »

Sure, I wish the dumbbells went higher than 120 but hey... I remember when old ballys only went up to 90. They are making improvements.

Now
haha epic implying that you could lift that weight in any way.lol.

what you complaining about why you want bigger weights,fatso?to roll them around on the floor?
n

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2013, 12:54:00 PM »
 congrats on the new mats, coach!

Tedim

• Getbig V
  • "Ну GetBig, ну погоди"
« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2013, 12:56:32 PM »
These gyms are actually a public service to bodybuilders and serious trainers...because if it wasn't for the cadre of salesmen roping in new members and trolling the floor trying to sell PT....we would not have a state of the art training facility ten minutes from our house that costs a whopping 28 dollars a month.

I won't make any friends saying this but the grimy, hardcore trappings and macho attitude of the "dungeon" gym does nothing for me.

I want a clean modern facility with all the amenities....not a gym in an industrial park with a bunch of fat guys powerlifting and yelling and screaming.

This....plus women to look at  ;)

Wolfox

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2013, 12:59:07 PM »
haha epic implying that you could lift that weight in any way.lol.

what you complaining about why you want bigger weights,fatso?to roll them around on the floor?

Um I'm currently rowing the 120s. You should try some rowing movements because I've seen swimmers with bigger backs than yours. Also try working out something other than your arms because your chest, back and legs are small. Quite sad considering all the years you've used AAS and gh with your acne scarred dog faced gh fat fold ridden face. So sad.

But thank you for your concern you meth head. Hope his helps. And don't go deleting all your posts again for the 4th time since I've called you out on your secret fat loss method...you meth junkie.
A

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2013, 01:02:22 PM »

Good point. My old "hard core" gym had like one of everything, so whatever you needed was always being used. New place has tons of stuff, just shittier music, big bouncy balls, and a PT for every other member. I can deal with it.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: November 23, 2013, 01:06:15 PM »

x2 agree 100% about the "tough guy atmosphere". Never could stand it!

However, I still hate the layout of the typical gym.  Most of them need to replace 90% of the equipment NO ONE EVER USES with more useful items.  Like adding some actual platforms and bumper plates...

I would probably be completely satisfied if every modern fitness center simply did this.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2013, 01:15:01 PM »
  groink is a stud indeed

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »
Very reminiscent of 70s discos.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2013, 02:22:38 PM »
it's all about money.

Old school private gyms make money.

galeniko

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2013, 02:24:40 PM »
yah fuck that old school stuff, unwashed half mongoloid with acne, bladf head trying to look "scary" walking with ils as if they conquered the planet.

best if those fat fucks stay in their "hardcore" basements haha.

i prefer the half way social modern gyms, theyre clean, everyone, EVERYONE can train there intensive enough dont give me that bullfuckshit about the dumbells too small, what the fuck dumbel too small.

modern gyms are clean, have hot women in them,nice on the eyes, and have jacuzi for fre, no need to run for the protein shake after training.

haha oldschool fatsos, if they werent so fat and looked decent theyd be walking in the busiest gyms with the spagetti tank tops

the dumbells not heavy enough. oh brother.

what you gonna do with dumbells?squat?

chalk? chalk?really?

why not use the bare hands instead ::)
n